• Kalas (sub)
    • Aina (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hope so. Guardiola's Barcelona and Bayern had good defensive records but he went all gung-ho in his first Premier League season and look what happened. Hopefully, Sarri is more adaptable.

If Sarri has a similar first season to Pep I won't be complaining, I would say it was Bravo and the fullbacks that stopped him challenging us or at the very least Spurs in his first year, not his tactics. 

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Im a little frustrated Mount hasn't stayed tbh, I reckon he could have seriously staked a claim for a place.

Definitely. He would have been brilliant in a midfield 3 alongside Jorginho and Kante/Barkley.

24 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

We all know how fucking amazing Kante is, but how does he fit into this style? im not sure.

Kante will play where Fabs is playing now.  right now, we kind of have 2 DLP on the pitch.  But at Napoli, Allan played where Fabs is playing now.  He's a B2B ball winner.  The right side of the formation was more of a workhorse type.  Callejon more defensive than Insigne.  Allan more defensive than Hamsik.  Hysaj more defensive than Ghoulam.  

Allan is a rich man's Bakayoko.  Kante is an Abramovich man's Allan.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Kante will play where Fabs is playing now.  right now, we kind of have 2 DLP on the pitch.  But at Napoli, Allan played where Fabs is playing now.  He's a B2B ball winner.  The right side of the formation was more of a workhorse type.  Callejon more defensive than Insigne.  Allan more defensive than Hamsik.  Hysaj more defensive than Ghoulam.  

Allan is a rich man's Bakayoko.  Kante is an Abramovich man's Allan.

I just cant see Kante in that Role, Kante is a quick Makelele not a Essien.

Essien, Allan and Bakayoko are all the same type of midfielder, Kante isnt.

Just now, bluesman2610 said:

Allan who played their for Napoli is not a better passer than Kante

The passing part I agree, but for Allan the attacking side of the game is natural while it isnt for Kante.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

I don't think hardly anybody is going to question Sarri's tactics (unless it's really bad), but let's see how he does under pressure. Does he switch it up? Does he put on the right subs? These are the things we need to examine more, but we wouldn't know until the PL season has begun.

Also you said Bravo and the fullbacks stopped them from challenging, for us it'll be Morata and the wingbacks.

We have azpi and emerson i think fullbacks are gonna be fine. Lets see ig we can sign a decent striker

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If Sarri has a similar first season to Pep I won't be complaining, I would say it was Bravo and the fullbacks that stopped him challenging us or at the very least Spurs in his first year, not his tactics. 

Perhaps so but Guardiola failed to adapt to what he had at that point and kept playing the same way and got exposed almost every week. You would hope Sarri doesn't turn out to be that way.

3 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

The passing part I agree, but for Allan the attacking side of the game is natural while it isnt for Kante.

allan only had 4 goals 5 assists in an attacking formation Kante will be more than fine