test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

5. Jorginho

Started by Jason,

165 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Apparently had 100+ touches today. When was the last time a non-defender, hell ANY Chelsea player had 100+ touches in a game vs the big 6? Certainly not under the previous regimes. Normally it was Courtois with the most touches :lol: 

Hopefully those days are gone and never to be remembered. No doubt Jorginho is one of the best deep-lying playmakers in world football. Still needs to adjust to the speed and tempo of the English game though. 

Its crazy. Even Alonso had more than 100. And Kovacic had 54 in half an hour..

I'm still think right now he creates more problems than anything. When Arsenal was creating chances for fun in the end of 1st half, Jorginho was completely lost, marking no one, he can't win any 1vs1 battle, he can't harass the opponents. In the second half he have an assist to Abumayang, and he was lucky that was a soft off-side. I'm not really concerned about the number of touches, to be honest.

pHaRaOn likes this

Just now, Henrique said:

I'm still think right now he creates more problems than anything. When Arsenal was creating chances for fun in the end of 1st half, Jorginho was completely lost, marking no one, he can't win any 1vs1 battle, he can't harass the opponents. In the second half he have an assist to Abumayang, and he was lucky that was a soft off-side. I'm not really concerned about the number of touches, to be honest.

Come on, there is no such thing as "soft offside".  It is either off side or it isn't.

I agree that he is really poor defensively.  He seems to scramble out of position often and nobody presses with him.  I wonder if this has something to do with the team getting used to a new pressing system.  He also does not track back well. He is honestly just a bit slow and it leaves lots of space at the top of the box.

That said, The number of touches matters a lot.  He controlled this game at times and was brilliant when he did. He also is constantly helping out teammates with instructions of where to move and pass. He does need to adjust defensively, but he is top class.

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

Whilst it is clear that Sarri has some work to drill into the team regarding defensive shape, etc having a midfielder so comfortable in possession and to dictate and control the game does still help defensively. In the second half we played a far more patient game and controlled it, in doing so restricting arsenal to very little in the second half. Without someone like Jorginho and later kovacic alongside him this wouldn't be possible.