Jorginho

Unionjack

Okay, Jorginho doesn't look quite suited to play in the defensive midfielder/regista role in a 4-3-3 but he's getting hung out to dry by Sarri really. It's clear that Jorginho requires someone to work alongside him or at least some sort of tactical tweak to leave him less exposed but Sarri continuously play him in a system that leaves him - and others - get exploited and refuse to make any changes. :doh: 

The biggest worry I have with Jorginho is actually linked to how well Bakayoko has played this season at Milan.

I think that the amount of time and space given on the ball in midfield in Italy is overall huge in comparison to the Premier League and Jorginho is struggling with this.

Bakayoko is very possibly the worst midfielder I've seen at Chelsea in the Roman era and for him to be winning multiple man of the match awards for Milan this season says much more about Serie A in comparison to the Premier League at present.

Whilst he's slow and exposed on his own in midfield defensively, he is still technically a very good footballer. That is clear to see in my opinion. I think given time to adapt to the league he could still be a good player but he needs Kante alongside him in my opinion in a two to cover him. He is being brutally exposed by Sarri's tactics and philosophy at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The biggest worry I have with Jorginho is actually linked to how well Bakayoko has played this season at Milan.

I think that the amount of time and space given on the ball in midfield in Italy is overall huge in comparison to the Premier League and Jorginho is struggling with this.

Bakayoko is very possibly the worst midfielder I've seen at Chelsea in the Roman era and for him to be winning multiple man of the match awards for Milan this season says much more about Serie A in comparison to the Premier League at present.

Whilst he's slow and exposed on his own in midfield defensively, he is still technically a very good footballer. That is clear to see in my opinion. I think given time to adapt to the league he could still be a good player but he needs Kante alongside him in my opinion in a two to cover him. He is being brutally exposed by Sarri's tactics and philosophy at the moment.

So a 4 2 3 1?

Or a 3 4 3?

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So a 4 2 3 1?

Or a 3 4 3?

Despite our success in the first season under Conte, I've always preferred a back 4 and I think at present we are best suited to playing a 4-2-3-1. 

Although any formation we use, we're still at least 3 players away from being really competitive with our current crop.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Despite our success in the first season under Conte, I've always preferred a back 4 and I think at present we are best suited to playing a 4-2-3-1. 

Although any formation we use, we're still at least 3 players away from being really competitive with our current crop.

Kepa

Zappacosta                       Rudiger        AC                           Emerson

Kante                    Kovacic

CHO                             Ruben Loftus-Cheek                              Hazard

Higuain

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kepa

Zappacosta                       Rudiger        AC                           Emerson

Kante                    Kovacic

CHO                             Ruben Loftus-Cheek                              Hazard

Higuain

Most of that to me looks more balanced than what we are currently.

I know he isn't playing well at present but I would always put Azpi over Zappacosta.

If we're to the point where Zappacosta is a good or our best option, we're in big trouble in my opinion.

I'm a big advocate for bringing Reece James back in the summer and giving him sufficient minutes to be given the opportunity to become first choice right back over Azpi in the next 12 - 18 months from the summer. 

Kovacic and Jorginho should be able to rotate in that role as 'deep playmaker' and I actually think against some of the lower teams especially at home that Kovacic and Jorginho could potentially play together as Kovacic has it in him to be more defensively minded and make tackles.

RLC I would give a chance in that position with more licence to play higher up the pitch. Barkley I would see as a bit of a utility player who could rotate with RLC and potentially play as one of the deeper midfielders too.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Really sucks to see. He's a gem of a player who is paying a severe price during this experimental season.

I'm certainly not ready to bin him like a lot of our fans and seemingly 100% of the media are. Thing is, where do you move him in Sarri's 4-3-3? There really isn't a place.

If we played a 4-2-3-1 where Kante moves back into a pivot and therefor is always close to him I guess it would be better. But Sarri plays only one system so can't see it happening.

Jorginho could be positioned on the RCM, where he could still effectively help the buildup and distribute while being relived of protecting the back four.

I personally think Jorginho role is very difficult what he is asked to do, he is basically asked to be Busquets and Xavi on this team. Kante alone can definitely not fill Jorginho role, and i am not sure how can do that definitely no one at Chelsea though. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Really sucks to see. He's a gem of a player who is paying a severe price during this experimental season.

I'm certainly not ready to bin him like a lot of our fans and seemingly 100% of the media are. Thing is, where do you move him in Sarri's 4-3-3? There really isn't a place.

If we played a 4-2-3-1 where Kante moves back into a pivot and therefor is always close to him I guess it would be better. But Sarri plays only one system so can't see it happening.

Funny thing is, Sarri has mentioned about playing the 4-2-3-1 but he seems hell-bent on playing 4-3-3. You wonder why he doesn't just try out the former at this point and see how it goes.

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

4231 is a option, but honesty there is very little difference. In some game you can see that kante is deeper an Kovacic play more as left winger to let hazard roam around kinda like a no 10. We are essentially almost play like 4231.

Rather formation, I personally prefer to improve our pressing game. 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

4231 is a option, but honesty there is very little difference. In some game you can see that kante is deeper an Kovacic play more as left winger to let hazard roam around kinda like a no 10. We are essentially almost play like 4231.

Rather formation, I personally prefer to improve our pressing game. 

Exactly.

I actually blame Kante to some extent. I saw many City's counters and he was nowhere to be seen. Sarri said himself - Kante needs to sit deeper when we are attacking on the left side. I have feeling in general that Kante isn't balancing his attacking and defensive duties well.

But no one will criticise him, because he is Kante. He is always the best, no matter what he does.