Jorginho

Unionjack

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Tell me, how did those Wolves and Leicester games work out for us?

Absolutely stand by my Neves over Jorginho pick, even more so due to age.

That's the point. The Leicester that played against us was set up completely different to the one that faced Wolves. They even had only two defenders back at points in the game. Btw I have no problem with you picking Neves over Jorginho, I'm just saying it's hard to judge the full extent of Neves' passing range when he doesn't have to face teams that park the bus every week.

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

Was referring to different profiles ... Pep wouldnt use Jorginho in Fernandinho's position because Jorginho cant defend. So the rotation would been with the creative players rather than the first line of defense. 

I agree, I also think he would have rotated him in the more offensive 2 of the mid 3 where KDB/Gündogan/Silva usually play. Pep wants 2 absolute class players for every position and rightly so. You need that in a 60 games seasona nd even that might no be sufficient given how they miss agüero or kdb when ever they are injured. That being said what is most striking about Pep is that he is able to use 2 or 3 very different formatons and did so from the very beginning unless the same 4-3-3 over and over again like Sarri does. only switch to 4-2-3-1 when we have perfected 4-3-3 my ass. could have started the other way round at last

1 minute ago, JDY said:

That's the point. The Leicester that played against us was set up completely different to the one that faced Wolves. They even had only two defenders back at points in the game. Btw I have no problem with you picking Neves over Jorginho, I'm just saying it's hard to judge the full extent of Neves' passing range when he doesn't have to face teams that park the bus every week.

Oh, I am not just basing my opinion him off one game, have been following him since Porto days. Sorry if I cam off too harsh btw.

It does amaze me at just how fast supporters can change coats!

Fuckin guy at the first few months of the season was like the 2nd coming of Christ and we were so lucky that we bought him.

Now all of a sudden the guys shit!

Yet Edens played like a toothless lion for most of the season and not a dickie bird uttered against him.

Sid it before but if Jorgi doesn't have the targets to pass to and some cover to help him out then hes going to be limited to what he can do.

Get the forwards etc to move their lazy arses around a bit and into some channels etc and it would make a big difference.

We on here went for bloody ages slagging Cescy off because he was slow and couldn't defend etc etc then when he's going or gone its a different song.

I don't mind knocking players who have been under performing in general since day 1 but gotta give some of them some space.

It's not like he;s playing any dfiferent to ALL the team.

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yet Edens played like a toothless lion for most of the season and not a dickie bird uttered against him.

Have to disagree with that, there are many critics you just have to read his thread.

Just now, manpe said:

Have to disagree with that, there are many critics you just have to read his thread.

They don't call him shit tho mate..

He was well off his game before Sarris been using him as a False 9 yet it's Sarris fault hes not playing well.

Theres no real perspective and certainly selective memories.

51 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

They don't call him shit tho mate..

He was well off his game before Sarris been using him as a False 9 yet it's Sarris fault hes not playing well.

Theres no real perspective and certainly selective memories.

They don't call him shit but you said "not a dickie bird uttered against him" which I assumed meant any criticism... I'm not familiar with that phrase so I don't know :P

34 minutes ago, manpe said:

They don't call him shit but you said "not a dickie bird uttered against him" which I assumed meant any criticism... I'm not familiar with that phrase so I don't know :P

dicky bird is London cockney rhyming slang for word

3 hours ago, manpe said:

I meant he doesn't get the grief to the extreme any other player gets tho can arguably say deserves just as much.

I know I can get carried away at times with my slang!

Appy polly loggies ,my droogie

He played significantly better tonight. He looked far sharper, although i think the overall pressing of the team was much more in sync. He's never going to put his foot in like Kante but he does seem to intercept a fair few passes and tonight showed good anticipation getting in front of the opponent and nicking the ball.

He was passing a lot more forward today too and looking at times to play the harder ball and penetrate.

Was a good game from the old boy. Pleased for him

Never thought for a moment he would miss that.

Actually didn't have any nerves about penaltys. Knew we had the game won.

Only shame was we had to go that far after the 1st half we had. Coulda easily had 4 or 5.