Jorginho

Unionjack

15 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

He will improve if the players around him do. He would be dominant at City IMO.

Dog help us all if Shitty get Neves.

I would take him in a heartbeat over Jorginho.

Insane passing and a bomber of a shooter from distance, plus much more physical

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Leicester City – Highlights

http://yfl.matchat.online/player/html/grenJGrG6U?popup=yes&autoplay=1

superb game btw, one of the top 5 or so in EPL this year

You know guys we dont agree on him in everything but it all comes down to one thing. Spuds, Arsenal, Everton went in game to press Jorginho for 90min and they all succeeded. 

Jorginho was completely useless in those games and shut down by anyone who copied that tactic.

And it doesnt matter if he gets better or more consistent or starts making more long passes, as long he gets shut down whenever the opponent decides so, he has absolutely no business playing in first 11. 

We are done if our key midfield player cant do shit under pressure. 

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

You know guys we dont agree on him in everything but it all comes down to one thing. Spuds, Arsenal, Everton went in game to press Jorginho for 90min and they all succeeded. 

Jorginho was completely useless in those games and shut down by anyone who copied that tactic.

And it doesnt matter if he gets better or more consistent or starts making more long passes, as long he gets shut down whenever the opponent decides so, he has absolutely no business playing in first 11. 

We are done if our key midfield player cant do shit under pressure. 

Yes, it's the 800-pound gorilla in the room

Alonso, Willian, the strikers are obvious massive fails for all to see (except for their fanboys/girls), but when your engine is so easily choked off, the whole thing just sputters to a halt. 

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Yes, it's the 800-pound gorilla in the room

Alonso, Willian, the strikers are obvious massive fails for all to see (except for their fanboys/girls), but when your engine is so easily choked off, the whole thing just sputters to a halt. 

Everyone defends Jorginho but I dont think its coincidence we turned to shit the moment Jorginho got owned vs Everton. 

He was clearly very influental first few months and then snap. 

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Everyone defends Jorginho but I dont think its coincidence we turned to shit the moment Jorginho got owned vs Everton. 

He was clearly very influental first few months and then snap. 

It really really is. There is a massive correlation between his plummeting in quality of play and our whole team turning toothless. I am at a loss for what happened. It cannot simply be tactical. He so much better dealt with pressure in the first 3 months. I REALLY want him to succeed, as I like him as a player a lot (unlike the Willian of the last year and a half or so and a non-wingback Alonso always.)

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

It really really is. There is a massive correlation between his plummeting in quality of play and our whole team turning toothless. I am at a loss for what happened. It cannot simply be tactical. He so much better dealt with pressure in the first 3 months. I REALLY want him to succeed, as I like him as a player a lot (unlike the Willian of the last year and a half or so and a non-wingback Alonso always.)

He just turned to shit. I bet its mental problem. As soon you enter the door at Chelsea club, there is big chance you end up like that I guess. 

I mean just take a look at his long passing. No one around him and he hoofs it 20m too far and then shakes his head. Been reccuring thing for a while now.

The whole team has this problem. They cant score and they cant create and its blocking everything. No one is relaxed and enjoys playing.

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He would have slowly been introduced as Fernandinho's succesor like what happened with the two Silva's.

Profile of Fernandinho and Jorginho are so different. They need someone to save the ass of their creative players which is what exactly Fernandinho does for City, Jorginho wouldnt ... he will be run down like straw in the wind making their defense vulnerable. 

He might come from the bench to replace Silva or De Bruyne ... nothing more. Pep wouldnt built a team around him and thats why he wouldnt be a starter. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Guess after it all settles down, everyone knows the extent of his capability. Thats the problem with us at the moment, we have built our strategy around him and it has become so easy to break down. Attack him and everyone goes clueless. Also i feel he doesnt offer more than what he is doing.

Either we need a plan B with him as the focal point or just a new strategy all together.   

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Profile of Fernandinho and Jorginho are so different. They need someone to save the ass of their creative players which is what exactly Fernandinho does for City, Jorginho wouldnt ... he will be run down like straw in the wind making their defense vulnerable. 

He might come from the bench to replace Silva or De Bruyne ... nothing more. Pep wouldnt built a team around him and thats why he wouldnt be a starter. 

Pep wanted to sign Jorginho. Pep rarely wants players that he’s just going to sit on the bench. He rotates heavily and uses most of his squad. 

7 hours ago, JDY said:

Bit harsh to compare Jorginho and Neves in terms of passing for me. We play against teams that park the bus every game & Wolves don't. Jorginho would also have a field day against that sort of defence from Leicester. Completely open.

Tell me, how did those Wolves and Leicester games work out for us?

Absolutely stand by my Neves over Jorginho pick, even more so due to age.

4 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Pep wanted to sign Jorginho. Pep rarely wants players that he’s just going to sit on the bench. He rotates heavily and uses most of his squad. 

Was referring to different profiles ... Pep wouldnt use Jorginho in Fernandinho's position because Jorginho cant defend. So the rotation would been with the creative players rather than the first line of defense.