Jorginho

Unionjack

16 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

No, I don't think that YOU think he's useless (I've seen him in your 'meh' category).  It's more like a statement against some of the narrative going around that are saying he's useless.  Like rio Ferdinand saying "I don't see what he offers".  I mean, it's funny.  If he could see it he'd be a coach like some of his other peers.  But, he's just using his name to get a TV gig (fair play).  don't confuse me for saying that I think he's been stellar.  But, I think he'll look like a decent player (what he is) when all of the moving pieces are working properly.

The meh was very recent, after watching for last half year. I thought he was great at first, now have become disenfranchised a bit.

Again, hardly my number one concern. I think if we had better supporting/attacking staff it would take the pressure off.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The meh was very recent, after watching for last half year. I thought he was great at first, now have become disenfranchised a bit.

Again, hardly my number one concern. I think if we had better supporting/attacking staff it would take the pressure off.

Right now, man-marking with a diamond is killing our build up.  When players start moving off the ball better, teams won't really be able to do that consistently.

https://spielverlagerung.com/2016/12/03/sarris-napoli-in-rampant-home-victory/

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Right now, man-marking with a diamond is killing our build up.  When players start moving off the ball better, teams won't really be able to do that consistently.

https://spielverlagerung.com/2016/12/03/sarris-napoli-in-rampant-home-victory/

Good find!

Just now, Vesper said:

Good find!

I was all over that site when we were getting Sarri.

And this one to watch matches:

https://footballia.net/ (you have to register, but it's free)

I didn't want to just see highlights of Napoli's play.  I wanted to watch full matches to see what their play looked like when it wasn't all Harlem Globetrotter-esque highlights.

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

I was all over that site when we were getting Sarri.

And this one to watch matches:

https://footballia.net/ (you have to register, but it's free)

I didn't want to just see highlights of Napoli's play.  I wanted to watch full matches to see what their play looked like when it wasn't all Harlem Globetrotter-esque highlights.

Full matches are the ONLY way to truly judge, and multiple ones at that.

It is how I try and rate players too.

It is how I fell in love with Junior Firpo and Nicolo Barella.

Just now, Vesper said:

Full matches are the ONLY way to truly judge, and multiple ones at that.

It is how I try and rate players too.

It is how I fell in love with Junior Firpo and Nicolo Barella.

Create an account.  There are tons of matches on there.

Saw a post in the comments on WAGNH

If he's so useless and shit, why is every team trying to man-mark him out of the match?  

The team is set up to go through him. It has very little to do with his qualities, which you seem to be alluding to.

17 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

What is he, as of now?

Number of passes is the only stat I see followed by his name.

Somewhere on the spectrum between shit/useless and Ballon D'or favourite.  I'd say decent to pretty good.  Better than he's shown recently.  I also think Hazard is better than he's shown recently.  Willian about the same.  David Luiz pretty consistent (but his lows are terrible).  Azpi hasn't been very good lately either, but I still think he's pretty good too.

33 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Number of passes is the only stat I see followed by his name.

City keeper has more assists then jorginho that's sad put Mikel in the sarri ball formation he would get  the same passes stats as Jorginho I bet ye pep saying to himself thank god I dodged a bullet  not getting Jorginho 

16 hours ago, the wes said:

City keeper has more assists then jorginho that's sad put Mikel in the sarri ball formation he would get  the same passes stats as Jorginho I bet ye pep saying to himself thank god I dodged a bullet  not getting Jorginho 

Had Jorginho gone to City, you lot here would be slamming Marina for messing up the transfer and not backing the manager! :lol: 

On the assist count, said it before, how do you expect him to get the numbers when Jorginho has incompetent finishers ahead of him? You can't complain about us having no goalscorers and then complain about players not racking up assists at the same time.

Pundits love to make a scapegoat out of a foreign player that came in the country for big bucks. Jorginho is the least of this club's problems, he'd actually look monstrous in the current City side. If you watched City's 1st half yesterday you would have seen them play the same dull football we've played for the past weeks, but the individual quality made the difference. We do not have that, I believe Sarri when he says players keep hold of the ball too much and do not speed up the play in the final end, I do not believe for a single moment he would say this if he would instruct them to do those things, he's stubborn and a lot of things but not a hypocrite. I do honestly believe there are players that would not get out of their confort zone and would not take any risks because they are technically limited and have a low football IQ and no matter how much they would practice something on the training ground they would not apply game time because they are past it. And the first thing that comes to my mind is Willian the other day shooting straight into Marcos Alonso... Past it, dumb, one dimensional footballer with no awareness, just eyes on the ball and shoot like an idiot regardless of what is happening around him. And unfortunately the squad is filled with this type of players...

Had Jorginho gone to City, you lot here would be slamming Marina for messing up the transfer and not backing the manager! [emoji38]  On the assist count, said it before, how do you expect him to get the numbers when Jorginho has incompetent finishes ahead of him? You can't complain about us having no goalscorers and then complain about players not racking up assists at the same time.    

It hasn't stopped Hazard. People can't eulogise about his numbers despite our shortcomings in the final third, then use same reasoning to essentially give Jorginho a "bye", regardless of whether the former plays higher up the field or not.     

One rule for all

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It hasn't stopped Hazard. People can't be singing his praises for his numbers despite our shortcomings in the final third & use that same reasoning to essentially give Jorginho a "bye", regardless of whether the former plays high up the field or not.   

One rule for all

Really? You're just gonna ignore the fact that one plays much higher up the pitch and one plays much deeper? :doh: .If people want Jorginho to rack up the assists, he would have to get forward a lot more but if he does that and is caught out, people would then moan about him leaving gaps defensively for opponents to expose. Feels like because we have big issues in the team, people are just looking for more issues by asking players to do something that's not their main job. 

Really? You're just gonna ignore the fact that one plays much higher up the pitch and one plays much deeper? :doh: .If people want Jorginho to rack up the assists, he would have to get forward a lot more but if he does that and is caught out, people would then moan about him leaving gaps defensively for opponents to expose. Feels like because we have big issues in the team, people are just looking for more issues by asking players to do something that's not their main job. 

They alongside the same attack, so yes.

His shortcomings are down to him for the most part right now.

I can't beat the Willian/Alonso drum any harder, so he's next in line.