Jorginho

Unionjack

2 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I have a feeling that has more to do with the team not having good enough runners. Morata often stands still, Hazard doesn't stay in the striker position and Willian often stands still too.

Thats why we need younger wingers who are willing to run more

17 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I have a feeling that has more to do with the team not having good enough runners. Morata often stands still, Hazard doesn't stay in the striker position and Willian often stands still too.

Plus I don't think his long range passing is that good and We are kinda spoiled by fabregas long pass 

17 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Did you watch him at Napoli? He hit long passes a lot but he had movement in fdrnt of him. Also Luiz hits a lot of the passes you would see Jorginho do at times too because he has that ability where as at Napoli, Albiol and Koulibaly played a lot less penetrating vertical passes.

Its the same way Cesc looked ineffective in a deeper role here under Sarri because everyone stands still and wants the ball to feet so they can take a million touches... likes of Barkley, Ruben, Eden, Willian, Morata still all guilty of this in the final third far too often, not quick enough with our combination play. Even regarding movement off the ball, Pedro and Kante (huge improvement tbis season in this regard) are really the only guys who make constant off the ball movements. 

For all the doubters of Jorginho, if he played for City you would all be creaming your pants because they have good rotations and good movement off the ball in the final third. Plus their system would mask any defects he has, although defensively he has really come on a lot since his first game for us.

Amen. Although Jorginho did have a few shaky games after a hot start, he has definitely made up for it in recent matches vs Spurs ect.

On 1/9/2019 at 7:24 PM, LAM09 said:

The fact he hasn't even assisted a goal this season (24 games) is extremely alarming. 

Why is it extremely alarming? For me what is extremely alarming is our inability to get into goalscoring positions and to score goals, which of course also reduces the number of assists.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:08 PM, Tautvix said:

Controlling games? Without creating chances to score? That's not controlling games.

Jorginho only passes back... Haven't seen a single good pass forward from him this season.

You clearly haven't watched many games this season or you have very selective memory. I could pick a good forward pass each game he's played in.

20 minutes ago, manpe said:

Why is it extremely alarming? For me what is extremely alarming is our inability to get into goalscoring positions and to score goals, which of course also reduces the number of assists.

You clearly haven't watched many games this season or you have very selective memory. I could pick a good forward pass each game he's played in.

Only thing wrong with Jorgi is he doesn't get the players moving into areas where his passes can do damage!

Hes not a goal scorer, Isnt supposed to be!

Thats why we need a bloody good ACM instead of Barkley/RLC who offer us a good game in every 10

32 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Only thing wrong with Jorgi is he doesn't get the players moving into areas where his passes can do damage!

Hes not a goal scorer, Isnt supposed to be!

Thats why we need a bloody good ACM instead of Barkley/RLC who offer us a good game in every 10

Barkley is an enigma. He had a promising period, but he's reverted back to this shy and restricted self. He should be dominating and ramming through people and getting shots away in the box... Guess that injury halted his momentum.

17 minutes ago, manpe said:

Barkley is an enigma. He had a promising period, but he's reverted back to this shy and restricted self. He should be dominating and ramming through people and getting shots away in the box... Guess that injury halted his momentum.

Aye,

We are very quick to jump the gun after a player has a good game or 2. When he and RLC  had a spell and all that palarva about them being the next English heroes was just too good to be true.

Tho I do like Barkley and he has all the makings of a decent player. But like most of our lads theres no intensiity. No fire. No end product.

I would also try RLC as striker. Just to give it a shot.  Edens lost as false 9. And hes a big strong boy that should be able to bully his way thru. Hes not a ACM.

And thats what we need as one of our priorities I think

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Did you watch him at Napoli? He hit long passes a lot but he had movement in fdrnt of him. Also Luiz hits a lot of the passes you would see Jorginho do at times too because he has that ability where as at Napoli, Albiol and Koulibaly played a lot less penetrating vertical passes.

Its the same way Cesc looked ineffective in a deeper role here under Sarri because everyone stands still and wants the ball to feet so they can take a million touches... likes of  Barkley, Ruben, Eden, Willian and Morata still all guilty of this in the final third far too often, not quick enough with our combination play, not enough third man runs. Also regarding movement off the ball, Pedro and Kante (huge improvement this season in this regard) are really the only guys who make constant off the ball movements. Where as at Napoli, the likes of Mertens, Callejon, Hamsik and even Allan would make runs off the ball, even if they didnt get it straight away it would to free up spaces and opportunities to play quick combinations with third man runners.

For all the doubters of Jorginho, if he played for City you would all be creaming your pants because they have good rotations and good movement off the ball in the final third. Plus their system would mask any defects he has, although defensively he has really come on a lot since his first game for us.

Sorry but he never hit many long passes, even in napoli, at least when I saw him play. I didnt watch many games though, so I decided to check his stats at he had around 2,5 last season too. 

Also, if you compare Cesc and Jorginho in europa league where we faced poor opposition and therefore neither has excuse to deliver; Cesc averaged 8 long passes compared to Jorginhos 2.

Jorginho can hit them long balls but he is doing it very rarely.

I would really like someone who watched him more at Napoli to elaborate more about his long passing. It always seemed to me that he had very good long pass in him at Napoli.

Also, both Fifa and PES are giving him 87 value for long pass, which is very good, I guess this must mean something?

He's a DLP, isn't he?

I get the fact that runs aren't being made around him as much as we would like, but that hasn't stopped Luiz completing almost twice as many through balls.

Our midfield needs to offer more than just retention.

for those who have not already seen it (sorry if repost) there is an excelletn analysis of Jorginho's impact on the team, strengths and weaknesses. Really gave me some food for thought, cos I am still rather indifferent on him. On the one hand, i get the cycling posession, intelligence, team organization stuff but on the other hand is offensive and defensive direc timpact is very limited

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

for those who have not already seen it (sorry if repost) there is an excelletn analysis of Jorginho's impact on the team, strengths and weaknesses. Really gave me some food for thought, cos I am still rather indifferent on him. On the one hand, i get the cycling posession, intelligence, team organization stuff but on the other hand is offensive and defensive direc timpact is very limited

If the Paredes rumours are true and we do sign him, one could argue that Paredes, if he learns the role correctly, could usurp Jorginho’s spot in the team because he has more of an ability to directly impact offensive and defensive plays. If we do sign him, it’s important he understands he needs to get to Jorginho’s level with some of the categories you mentioned above (intelligence, team organisational stuff etc.) - if he nails that down he has Jorginho beat in that department of ‘direct impact’ that you mention so could then potentially become the starting regista in the team. 

31 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

If the Paredes rumours are true and we do sign him, one could argue that Paredes, if he learns the role correctly, could usurp Jorginho’s spot in the team because he has more of an ability to directly impact offensive and defensive plays. If we do sign him, it’s important he understands he needs to get to Jorginho’s level with some of the categories you mentioned above (intelligence, team organisational stuff etc.) - if he nails that down he has Jorginho beat in that department of ‘direct impact’ that you mention so could then potentially become the starting regista in the team. 

They are realy similar aint they. 

Fun fact, Paredes was coached by Sarri back in Empoli.

EDIT: no he was not, I was miss informed by website. After checking the years myself, Sarri left the summer Paredes came.

1 minute ago, Tautvix said:

Such a nothing player he is. Mistake after mistake, slower than Alonso, zero creativity :D

But of course, give a pass to a defender and Sarri and co go have a wank.

Somebody is going to bring some passing statistic out to prove how good he is, but I dont want to hear it. This guy, his lack of effort, and how weak he makes our midfield look fails the eye test whenever there is any sort of pressure.