Jorginho

Unionjack

Biggest complaint about Jorginho I have right now is that he can't or won't shoot the ball. He gets into very good shooting positions multiple times each game but barely ever takes the shot. I think he should really improve in that aspect in the future. Out of all the players he gets into the best central shooting positions the most often. Barkley and Kante usually find themselves in much more crowded spots around the 16 yard box and thus they can't take a clear shot

‘Just clocked that Ederson has more assists than Jorginho’: Fans losing patience with Chelsea star after stat shows midfielder has made 1,896 passes in the Premier League without setting up a single goal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6573547/Chelsea-fans-losing-patience-Jorginho-pass-master-set-single-goal.html

2 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

According to the Premier League's website, per the tweet below, Jorginho has played a huge 1,896 passes this season - more than any other player - without recording a single assist.

@_@

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not really a big deal for me. He is there to recycle possession. Kovacic and Willian number are more concerning 

On 18/08/2018 at 4:38 PM, Henrique said:

I'm still think right now he creates more problems than anything. When Arsenal was creating chances for fun in the end of 1st half, Jorginho was completely lost, marking no one, he can't win any 1vs1 battle, he can't harass the opponents. In the second half he have an assist to Abumayang, and he was lucky that was a soft off-side. I'm not really concerned about the number of touches, to be honest.

5 months later my opinion is the same. He is useless when the team don't have the ball, and as his zero assists stats prove, most of his contribution during the game is touching the ball...for me he is the biggest hidden weak link of this team. Thats why I think its a terrible idea when a manager sees a specific player as "key" to his tactics. 

35 minutes ago, 0007 said:

4  tackles yesterday(only Kante had more and that includes Tottenham’s players),joint first at interceptions,one blocked shot and people say he doesn’t do anything without the ball...Jorginho does his job almost perfectly.We have 5 players in front  of him on the pitch(actually 7,if we include the full-backs) and they are supposed to provide the needed assists.

This guy is the main reason for the way we control games and people still slate him...

Controlling games? Without creating chances to score? That's not controlling games.

Jorginho only passes back... Haven't seen a single good pass forward from him this season.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

According to who scored Sergio Busquets has a mere 9 goals and 28 assists in 420 games for Barcelona and Spain since the beginning of 09/10, does he not control games?

I dont mind at all Jorgi not being a goal scorer but I do think he could give us lots of asists.

But i dont see our lads running into spaces to accept that kind of ball. He can only give those passes to players who get themselves into position.

And if Korgi isn't going to give us goals we really do need a goal scoring ACM even moreso,

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I dont mind at all Jorgi not being a goal scorer but I do think he could give us lots of asists.

But i dont see our lads running into spaces to accept that kind of ball. He can only give those passes to players who get themselves into position.

And if Korgi isn't going to give us goals we really do need a goal scoring ACM even moreso,

Hopefully he will chip in with a few assists a season, certainly as the team progresses and develops.

I do think though such stats will never be a measuring stick for his Chelsea career. He'll more than likely be the player more often to play the pass before the assist...just as important a job and one of a number of reasons why he's been brought here.

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Hopefully he will chip in with a few assists a season, certainly as the team progresses and develops.

I do think though such stats will never be a measuring stick for his Chelsea career. He'll more than likely be the player more often to play the pass before the assist...just as important a job and one of a number of reasons why he's been brought here.

47ac940c3ab2f59cf4a973f37e93c7a2.gif

The only thing I excpected more from is his long passing. 

He averages just 2,5 long passes per game.

Kroos has 9,5, Thiago has 7, Busquets has 4,5. 

Sometimes you just need long pass to break the press / create dangerous chance and Jorginho isnt doing it enough.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

The only thing I excpected more from is his long passing. 

He averages just 2,5 long passes per game.

Kroos has 9,5, Thiago has 7, Busquets has 4,5. 

Sometimes you just need long pass to break the press / create dangerous chance and Jorginho isnt doing it enough.

I have a feeling that has more to do with the team not having good enough runners. Morata often stands still, Hazard doesn't stay in the striker position and Willian often stands still too.