Jorginho

Unionjack

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

This. Had a few phenomenal defwnsive interventions when our defenders had fucked up. And he can still play great passes put of nowhere even if he has a quiet game. 

And what has he added to the team? Easy..he removed the need for Fabregas and thus resolved his defensive liability without us losing creativity (which tbf was not on a high level)

Honestly I don't rate Jorgi's creativity nearly as much.. I think he does not make enough of these passes.

23 minutes ago, yuvala said:

Honestly I don't rate Jorgi's creativity nearly as much.. I think he does not make enough of these passes.

He's essential to this team though, in our build up. He makes more passes and has more touches than anybody else per game every week for a reason. Hes not just a basic sideways pass merchant, he plays through the lines, over the top, always makes himself free to support his team mates under pressure... hes capable of that final pass from deeper and has shown at times this season he can do it. People expecting our deepest lying midfielder to create 5 chances a game again huh? So John Obi Mikel all over again.

Just now, manpe said:

I haven't read the match day thread, is my opinion unpopular?

I haven't read through the matchday thread but from what I've seen on Twitter during the match. Some said he was excellent, some thought he was bad. 

6 hours ago, manpe said:

I haven't read the match day thread, is my opinion unpopular?

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I haven't read through the matchday thread but from what I've seen on Twitter during the match. Some said he was excellent, some thought he was bad. 

The reactions are certainly contrasting. I thought he was very impressive and controlled the game. He was given MOTM also by Sky Sports. I would of given it to Luiz but thought Jorginho was very good.

The Chelsea fans who are criticising Jorginho for his performance yesterfay just don't understand football isn't all about goals and assists when playing in midfield. It doesn't take an ounce of intelligence to realise his role is to retain possession through passing until an opportunity arises.. The average football fan is pretty dumb though.

52 minutes ago, DDA said:

The Chelsea fans who are criticising Jorginho for his performance yesterfay just don't understand football isn't all about goals and assists when playing in midfield. It doesn't take an ounce of intelligence to realise his role is to retain possession through passing until an opportunity arises.. The average football fan is pretty dumb though.

I know Jorginho isn't about goals and assists, his passing was off and lost possession too many times for my liking. Now I don't appreciate you sneakily calling me and everybody else who doesn't agree with you dumb. Are you the etalon of smart above average fans that you take the liberty to classify peoples' intelligence? I've yet to see you prove yours, let alone judge anybody else's.

48 minutes ago, manpe said:

I know Jorginho isn't about goals and assists, his passing was off and lost possession too many times for my liking. Now I don't appreciate you sneakily calling me and everybody else who doesn't agree with you dumb. Are you the etalon of smart above average fans that you take the liberty to classify peoples' intelligence? I've yet to see you prove yours, let alone judge anybody else's.

fp.png

3 hours ago, manpe said:

I was actually refering to the Twitter brigade tbh because yes it is flooded with idiots,  hey if you want to take it as a swipe at you, be my guest. He may have lost possession but I feel he had a very good game. I don't seek to imrpess or prove to you that I am intelligent manpe... I have better things to do.

5 hours ago, DDA said:

Replace midfield with wings and you can say the same about Willian. He provides energy, injects pace, and does the defensive work to keep a side balanced.

30 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Replace midfield with wings and you can say the same about Willian. He provides energy, injects pace, and does the defensive work to keep a side balanced.

That he does indeed. The frustrations with Willians game isn't what you have mentioned because that is the positive side of Willian. Willian can't make simple passes at crucial times in the final 3rd which is vital for an attacking winger is it not? Jorginho is on his 1st season playing in a faster paced league than what he is familiar with. He is the cog in midfield to keep the ball moving which he does very well when the team are all playing in unison.

On 31/12/2018 at 11:27 PM, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Injects pace??? Willian slows the damn game down to a snails pace with his fumbling bumbling passes and tricksy leg whips-overs.

He is a human rain delay

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

Injects pace??? Willian slows the damn game down to a snails pace with his fumbling bumbling passes and tricksy leg whips-overs.

He is a human rain delay

In the final third for sure, but bringing it up from the back and midfield? I've seen him dribble an entire midfield on numerous occasions. Sure he doesnt do anything when he gets to their box, but up to that point he plays a good role in transitioning from defense to offense.

On 12/31/2018 at 5:27 PM, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Is this a serious post? You really think comparing a forward and a defensive midfielder attributes is comparable. 

Those qualities is a priority for a DM, and Jorginho is excellent at that. We have conceded the second lowest goals in the PL, and Jorginho is a huge part of that. On the other hand we are struggling offensively, and Willian is huge part of the issue.