Jorginho

Unionjack

• 2 weeks later...

THIS is why he should be our captain IMHO. Its the sort of leader a team needs.

Chelsea’s ‘class act’ revealed by Jamie Carragher: ‘He’s the coach on the pitch’

CHELSEA new boy Jorginho has been hailed as Maurizio Sarri’s “coach on the pitch” by Jamie Carragher.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/730533/Chelsea-News-Jorginho-Maurizio-Sarri-Jamie-Carragher-Premier-League-Rumours-Gossip

26 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

THIS is why he should be our captain IMHO. Its the sort of leader a team needs.

Chelsea’s ‘class act’ revealed by Jamie Carragher: ‘He’s the coach on the pitch’

CHELSEA new boy Jorginho has been hailed as Maurizio Sarri’s “coach on the pitch” by Jamie Carragher.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/730533/Chelsea-News-Jorginho-Maurizio-Sarri-Jamie-Carragher-Premier-League-Rumours-Gossip

I have been saying this since pre season I'm happy with him or Dave getting the armband 

39 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

My hearts with Dave and my heads with Jorgi boy.

I feel the same way make Jorginho vice captain it's nice to have proper leaders On the pitch with likes of Dave and jorghino we have missed JT lamps and DD leadership on the pitch over the years 

Jorginho is too new to be captain all of a sudden. How do you think the oldies, who think they deserve it, would react to this? He needs to earn it over a longer period of time and needs to prove his loyalty to Chelsea, not Sarri. At this point I'd leave him out of the discussion completely.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Jorginho is too new to be captain all of a sudden. How do you think the oldies, who think they deserve it, would react to this? He needs to earn it over a longer period of time and needs to prove his loyalty to Chelsea, not Sarri. At this point I'd leave him out of the discussion completely.

Other than Azpi.(who I would give it to) what oldies? Hazard hasn't renewed, and is gone in 9 months if he refuses. Luiz is shit, I will NEVER accept him as captain, let alone a legit starter. Cahill is soon gone, Willian and Fabregas (if he was 4 or 5 years younger maybe) need to follow. Pedro? No, not captain material. Kante is too nice.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Like who mate? Theres only Dave that has the mentlity and above all character to even come into contention.

This isn't a time to play at favorites. We need to have some sort of strength of character. Someone that can make decisions.

I was watching the Spuds game tonight and found myself agreeing with something Hoddle was talking about

He was asked what Spuds was lacking and he said above all they had no leader. They didn't have anyone in the team who could see what the team was needing to do and above all have the character, strength or above all the ability to say to a lad, someone like Kane that he needed to do such n such . Tell him he needs to be doing more of this or that. Someone that can do the managers job on the pitch.

You can't tell me that anyone apart from Dave can do that job as well as Jorginho.

Mate It makes no difference how long a players been with us if he can do a job. To me he has the trust of ALL of the lads, definitely  the managers, and he is already basically doing the job without the armband.

Tell me who of 'the oldies' has that ability and character to do this job?

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Like who mate? Theres only Dave that has the mentlity and above all character to even come into contention.

This isn't a time to play at favorites. We need to have some sort of strength of character. Someone that can make decisions.

I was watching the Spuds game tonight and found myself agreeing with something Hoddle was talking about

He was asked what Spuds was lacking and he said above all they had no leader. They didn't have anyone in the team who could see what the team was needing to do and above all have the character, strength or above all the ability to say to a lad, someone like Kane that he needed to do such n such . Tell him he needs to be doing more of this or that. Someone that can do the managers job on the pitch.

You can't tell me that anyone apart from Dave can do that job as well as Jorginho.

Mate It makes no difference how long a players been with us if he can do a job. To me he has the trust of ALL of the lads, definitely  the managers, and he is already basically doing the job without the armband.

Tell me who of 'the oldies' has that ability and character to do this job?

You answered your first question yourself - Azpi. The answer to your last question is the same. Dave deserves it, Jorgi can be vice.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Other than Azpi.(who I would give it to) what oldies? Hazard hasn't renewed, and is gone in 9 months if he refuses. Luiz is shit, I will NEVER accept him as captain, let alone a legit starter. Cahill is soon gone, Willian and Fabregas (if he was 4 or 5 years younger maybe) need to follow. Pedro? No, not captain material. Kante is too nice.

Compared to Jorgi even those who have been here for 2 seasons are oldies. I think Luiz and Hazard will feel that they deserve it before him.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

You answered your first question yourself - Azpi. The answer to your last question is the same. Dave deserves it, Jorgi can be vice.

Compared to Jorgi even those who have been here for 2 seasons are oldies. I think Luiz and Hazard will feel that they deserve it before him.

Tell Hazard to renew. Zero chance he should be made captain if he is leaving in 9 months. He either renews or he is gone. Zero chance we let him go on a free. It that did happen, you know Roman is dumping the club.

Luiz needs to be benched and sold, not rewarded with the armband. He is the number one most likely player to cost us multiple points. Every time he walks onto the pitch its a crapshoot if/when he will fuck up.

Once the season started I have toned down all other dissent about our players. Luiz is the only exception because he is our worst starter by far (especially if you take Morata off the board). We have 2 potentially WC CB's rotting on the bench (especially AC) whilst shaky the blowout gives up multiple goals off of horrific lapses.

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Tell Hazard to renew. Zero chance he should be made captain if he is leaving in 9 months. He either renews or he is gone. Zero chance we let him go on a free. It that did happen, you know Roman is dumping the club.

Luiz needs to be benched and sold, not rewarded with the armband. He is the number one most likely player to cost us multiple points. Every time he walks onto the pitch its a crapshoot if/when he will fuck up.

Once the season started I have toned down all other dissent about our players. Luiz is the only exception because he is our worst starter by far (especially if you take Morata off the board). We have 2 potentially WC CB's rotting on the bench (especially AC) whilst shaky the blowout gives up multiple goals off of horrific lapses.

Give me Hazard's number :P And I'm not contesting anything you said, however the players' egos might contest those arguments.
Upset Luiz and you risk getting emoji'd out by Willian's daughter. :philjones

1 hour ago, manpe said:

think Luiz and Hazard will feel that they deserve it before him.

Sod em!! NOBODY is bigger than the team. We have to do what is best for it, We can't have Luiz as captain who won't be here long - both because of his age and we need an upgrade. And as Ive tried to explain before Edens character just isn't right for it.

IF Cescy was fit and in the starters I would have picked him.

I'm of course more than happy with Dave and Jorgi as vice

40 minutes ago, manpe said:

Upset Luiz and you risk getting emoji'd out by Willian's daughter.

I'm sorry if this comes across wrong but fuck what they think! I'm still positive Luiz was one of the main reasons Willian started thinking about emojis. It was him that was having rows with Conte. It was him that was having all these so called injuries and being on the bench. Of course Luiz's attitude in the dressing room is a massive influence on ALL the lads. It's one of the best things I like about him. But like you said mate dont get on the wrong side of him.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

The guy who publicly celebrated ousting his boss. Strange choice... Why Cesc? What does he have over Azpi?

Again I think its seeing the whole picture of the game. I know theres many captains as defenders but IMO I think someone who is more central to the team has a much better idea of the way its going. He has or should have both offense and defense in his head, Daves not central. And something that puzzles me is Dave - as our captain and a great defender - hasn't been able to tell Luiz what mistakes hes making. He should be able to shout at him in the match and tell him just what he should be doing. And Luiz should be man enough and with the experience to let Dave tell him. Whether they are too close of friends and Dave doesn't want to rock the boat who knows But I've seen no signs of that. Have you?

24 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Again I think its seeing the whole picture of the game. I know theres many captains as defenders but IMO I think someone who is more central to the team has a much better idea of the way its going. He has or should have both offense and defense in his head, Daves not central. And something that puzzles me is Dave - as our captain and a great defender - hasn't been able to tell Luiz what mistakes hes making. He should be able to shout at him in the match and tell him just what he should be doing. And Luiz should be man enough and with the experience to let Dave tell him. Whether they are too close of friends and Dave doesn't want to rock the boat who knows But I've seen no signs of that. Have you?

Not sure if it was directed at Luiz, but I have seen Azpi PISSED off and correctly barking at players plenty of times.

28 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Haven't paid attention to that tbh, but he did it under Conte constantly. Hell he wasn't even captain but he ripped skipper Cahill apart several times. Leaders are leaders on the pitch no matter who wears the armband, for me the captain should be somebody who is fit to represent the club on and off the pitch - Dave is the guy for me.