Jorginho

Unionjack

How long have we been waiting for a player like this? A decade? Jeez I still remember when we failed to buy Modric, that failure has cost us big time over the years

With Jorginho Chelsea will look like a whole new team :drunk:

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Exactly the right comparison. Back in '09 almost all players would have chosen Chelsea over City so City only got the player because we, rightly, pulled out of the race. If we had wanted him enough to match Real's asking price, we'd have got him. In any case, as I was arguing at the time, we should never have been in for Robinho.

I actually thought Robinho would have been a good signing at the time.  We had no one that could beat a man off the dribble.

We worked for months on that transfer, the site even had his shirt (mistakenly) for sale.

Anyway, what's really funny is that there are posters over on Bluemoon who are criticizing the deal saying that he's only gone for the money.  What short memories some people have.  The irony is up there with Maradona calling England dirty cheats.

12 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

rIt’s bullshit mate, none of what you said is fact, it’s opinion and a few players decided to go to City because they were more desperate to sign these players than we where. 

Pep doesn’t offer stability and I can give you examples just like you have that say pep is not so irresistible at all.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you do not know that each of the statements I made relating to individual players is fact, not opinion. I made my assertions, then gave examples to back them up.

If you don't recognise the reality, then I think you have not drawn the right conclusions from what's been going on in the transfer market for us over recent years. In which case, I think your screen name seems particularly well chosen.

5 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

How long have we been waiting for a player like this? A decade? Jeez I still remember when we failed to buy Modric, that failure has cost us big time over the years

With Jorginho Chelsea will look like a whole new team :drunk:

Is he as good as Modric? I've not seen it yet. I'm not claiming it's not there, just that I haven't seen it.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Is he as good as Modric? I've not seen it yet. I'm not claiming it's not there, just that I haven't seen it.

Naa of course he's not nearly as good as Modric is currently and probably never will be. Still a top class deep lying playmaker though, exactly what we've been missing all these years

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

personally feel Golovin is more of a modric type midfielder to be fair. Jorginho is your DLP that can collect the ball from deep and start your attack with expansive passing

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I actually thought Robinho would have been a good signing at the time.  We had no one that could beat a man off the dribble.

We worked for months on that transfer, the site even had his shirt (mistakenly) for sale.

Anyway, what's really funny is that there are posters over on Bluemoon who are criticizing the deal saying that he's only gone for the money.  What short memories some people have.  The irony is up there with Maradona calling England dirty cheats.

Every club has their deeply one-eyed fans who can't see past their own my club good guys, your club bad guys filter.

2 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Naa of course he's not nearly as good as Modric is currently and probably never will be. Still a top class deep lying playmaker though, exactly what we've been missing all these years

1 minute ago, bluesman2610 said:

personally feel Golovin is more of a modric type midfielder to be fair. Jorginho is your DLP that can collect the ball from deep and start your attack with expansive passing

Gotcha. Thanks fellas.

11 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you do not know that each of the statements I made relating to individual players is fact, not opinion. I made my assertions, then gave examples to back them up.

If you don't recognise the reality, then I think you have not drawn the right conclusions from what's been going on in the transfer market for us over recent years. In which case, I think your screen name seems particularly well chosen.

The only thing you said that is fact, is that the players made some statements about how happy they where to join City.

They would have made the same statement about Chelsea had they made a higher bid.  I think your the one that doesn't recognise reality my friend, all that's happened in the market over recent years is that we where not desperate to overpay on some players and City where, and look at these players now, they are in City starting XI because they were essential and promised 100% play time, here, we would have used them as backups, just because the players made some statements, doesn't mean shit.

Then to mock my screen name? wow lol..

Just now, dreamcfc said:

The only thing you said that is fact, is that the players made some statements about how happy they where to join City.

Yes, that's what I just said. No need to repeat it.

1 minute ago, dreamcfc said:

They would have made the same statement about Chelsea had they made a higher bid.

Interesting speculation. Unlike the facts I've been able to give in support of my claim, I don't think you'll find one example of a player choosing Chelsea over City recently, never mind one who then made any statement along the lines of the player statements I reported.

8 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Yes, that's what I just said. No need to repeat it.

Interesting speculation. Unlike the facts I've been able to give in support of my claim, I don't think you'll find one example of a player choosing Chelsea over City recently, never mind one who then made any statement along the lines of the player statements I reported.

No, initially you said that you made a post of "fact" that City were superior and more attractive than Chelsea, as I pointed out, the only thing in there that was fact, was the players made a few statements about being happy to join City. It is not a fact that City are superior to Chelsea in any way at this moment in time.

18 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

No, initially you said that you made a post of "fact" that City were superior and more attractive than Chelsea, as I pointed out, the only thing in there that was fact, was the players made a few statements about being happy to join City. It is not a fact that City are superior to Chelsea in any way at this moment in time.

The statements I made are there if you wish to re-read them. If you then want to post again to acknowledge that you misunderstood that's up to you.

Edit: That's a bit sharp. Let me help you out. I pointed out that I had made my assertion, that's a claim not a fact, but that all the statements I made relating to players were facts which I had given to support my assertion. I said this in response to you saying none of what I had said was factual. You were obviously wrong to say that so I clearly identified for you those parts of what I said which were facts. What more do you want from me?

29 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

In which case, I think your screen name seems particularly well chosen.

That's very unclassy in a fair debate. Doesn't matter who is right or wrong.

Just now, Valdo said:

What are they on about.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

They are just trying to save face cause ADL said he wants to join Chelsea over Manchester City.

@OhForAGreavsie @dreamcfc I think its best to get back on topic, the player seems to have swung in our direction for a variety of reasons. Every player makes the decision they think is best for themselves. City are on top of the league at the moment, we have been there as well. Lets just wait for Jorginho to be official then celebrate having 2 immense players in our midfield.