Jorginho

Unionjack

4 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

JORGINHO, CITY NOT GIVING UP 

Manchester City are still confident of signing Jorginho despite strong interest from Chelsea.

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis revealed he agreed a deal for Jorginho with Man City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak over two weeks ago but, according to Sky in Italy, Chelsea have since come in with a bigger offer, in terms of both the transfer fee and wages.

We understand that the player told Man City two months ago that he wanted to join them and move to Manchester - and sources close to the club believe that remains the case.

fuck me...

All this tells me is that city have been completely duped

1 minute ago, Valdo said:

If we let this slip now, Marina can join Conte and pack

Can't agree with you. All other things being equal, almost every player would choose City over Chelsea these days. If we do loose him to City that really would not be a shock and certainly not an indication of the quality of our recruitment team.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Can't agree with you. All other things being equal, almost every player would choose City over Chelsea these days. If we do loose him to City that really would not be a shock and certainly not an indication of the quality of our recruitment team.

Why so? This makes me laugh, why would every player choose city over us?

1 minute ago, dreamcfc said:

Probably cause of the phrase what most people on red cafe use "Pep is god" 

2 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

better wages. better players to play with , CL football , playing for pep

1 minute ago, lucio said:

better wages. better players to play with , CL football , playing for pep

Better wages? Maybe, maybe not?

Better players? The current team we have won titles, just cause we suffered without the ball doesnt make it that city have better players, sure they might have a more complete team, but besides that eh.

And why do people idolize pep so much? 

Not everything is a big bright shining light, London is a wonderful place, not only London but a manager he has worked with and is very fond of. Maybe he sees City as a team where he may only be a player who is rotated regulary and Sarri has told your my main man in midfield. Maybe he sees this as a bigger challenge.

We are offering more wages apparently.

We are also potentially pairing him with 2 of the best players in the world Kante and Hazard.

No CL football is temporary, as proven over the last decade and more.

playimg for pep might be attractive but not over a manager you already know

I don’t get it

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Possibly but another version is that City don't rate him highly enough to match our offer.

Another thing I read was that Pep doesn't want players who are not fully committed to City. The fact he chose London over Manchester shows that he doesn't exactly worship Pep, so they aren't eager to raise their bid, the same apparently happened with Sanchez when United's money turned his head. Can't believe we're about to hijack City's nr.1 target :P 

1 hour ago, dreamcfc said:

Stability vs Instability.

Increasingly popular club vs One of the most unpopular clubs in world football.

Reputation, deserved or not, for attractive football vs Reputation, deserved or not, for unappealing, unattractive football.

Most highly regarded manager in the world vs Complete uncertainty.

A club generally thought to be on the up vs A club widely thought to be in decline.

A club, irrespective of their playing style, which is respected as being a good team vs A club, irrespective of their playing style, which is not respected as being a good team.

Examples: -

Monaco revealed that Mendy told them he would not have left for Chelsea but that he could not resist Pep & City

Danilio revealed that he had been offered a better deal by Chelsea but chose City anyway despite Chelsea also being the team more likely to use him as a starter.

Antonio confirmed that he wanted Walker but that the player was only interested in City.

Stones talked about how glad he was that the move to Chelsea fell through.

The comment I made, as opposed to your misrepresentation of it, is, I fear, a rather obvious statement of fact.

What City are doing right now is exactly what we did with Lukaku last season..

When the news broke out that deal has been agreed for Lukaku, there were very few people on Twitter claiming how Chelsea now have matched United's bid for Lukaku. 

No source is bigger than the Owner speaking himself. ManCity mouthpieces are just trying to fight back in an already lost battle. 

46 minutes ago, manpe said:

Another thing I read was that Pep doesn't want players who are not fully committed to City. The fact he chose London over Manchester shows that he doesn't exactly worship Pep, so they aren't eager to raise their bid, the same apparently happened with Sanchez when United's money turned his head. Can't believe we're about to hijack City's nr.1 target :P 

That's how to use power. They are in a position of strength, they have a powerful squad, they can afford to make such demands of players.

9 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Stability vs Instability.

Increasingly popular club vs One of the most unpopular clubs in world football.

Reputation, deserved or not, for attractive football vs Reputation, deserved or not, for unappealing, unattractive football.

Most highly regarded manager in the world vs Complete uncertainty.

A club generally thought to be on the up vs A club widely thought to be in decline.

Examples: -

Monaco revealed that Mendy told them he would not have left for Chelsea but that he could not resist Pep & City

Danilio revealed that he had been offered a better deal by Chelsea but chose City anyway despite Chelsea also being the team more likely to use him as a starter.

Antonio confirmed that he wanted Walker but that the player was only interested in City.

Stones talked about how glad he was that the move to Chelsea fell through.

The comment I made is, I fear, a rather obvious statement of fact.

It’s bullshit mate, none of what you said is fact, it’s opinion and a few players decided to go to City because they were more desperate to sign these players than we where.  Prepared to pay over the odds because they were essential to the style of play. Looks like we are doing the same thing with Jorginho and Sarri. We didn’t desperately need these players like city did.

Pep doesn’t offer stability and I can give you examples just like you have that say pep is not so irresistible at all. We have won more than they have but they are a club on the up and we are not? 

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

We still owe them one for Robinho.  hope this works out better for us than Robinho did for them.

Exactly the right comparison. Back in '09 almost all players would have chosen Chelsea over City so City only got the player because we, rightly, pulled out of the race. If we had wanted him enough to match Real's asking price, we'd have got him. In any case, as I was arguing at the time, we should never have been in for Robinho.