test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

5. Jorginho

Started by Jason,

373 posts in this topic
35 minutes ago, 0007 said:

4  tackles yesterday(only Kante had more and that includes Tottenham’s players),joint first at interceptions,one blocked shot and people say he doesn’t do anything without the ball...Jorginho does his job almost perfectly.We have 5 players in front  of him on the pitch(actually 7,if we include the full-backs) and they are supposed to provide the needed assists.

This guy is the main reason for the way we control games and people still slate him...

Controlling games? Without creating chances to score? That's not controlling games.

Jorginho only passes back... Haven't seen a single good pass forward from him this season.

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

According to who scored Sergio Busquets has a mere 9 goals and 28 assists in 420 games for Barcelona and Spain since the beginning of 09/10, does he not control games?

I dont mind at all Jorgi not being a goal scorer but I do think he could give us lots of asists.

But i dont see our lads running into spaces to accept that kind of ball. He can only give those passes to players who get themselves into position.

And if Korgi isn't going to give us goals we really do need a goal scoring ACM even moreso,

Tomo likes this

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I dont mind at all Jorgi not being a goal scorer but I do think he could give us lots of asists.

But i dont see our lads running into spaces to accept that kind of ball. He can only give those passes to players who get themselves into position.

And if Korgi isn't going to give us goals we really do need a goal scoring ACM even moreso,

Hopefully he will chip in with a few assists a season, certainly as the team progresses and develops.

I do think though such stats will never be a measuring stick for his Chelsea career. He'll more than likely be the player more often to play the pass before the assist...just as important a job and one of a number of reasons why he's been brought here.

Unionjack likes this

5 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Hopefully he will chip in with a few assists a season, certainly as the team progresses and develops.

I do think though such stats will never be a measuring stick for his Chelsea career. He'll more than likely be the player more often to play the pass before the assist...just as important a job and one of a number of reasons why he's been brought here.

47ac940c3ab2f59cf4a973f37e93c7a2.gif

People need to make their mind. One minute, people are complaining we don't score enough goals. The next, people go after Jorginho for basically not creating chances.

The only thing I excpected more from is his long passing. 

He averages just 2,5 long passes per game.

Kroos has 9,5, Thiago has 7, Busquets has 4,5. 

Sometimes you just need long pass to break the press / create dangerous chance and Jorginho isnt doing it enough.

kellzfresh and DYC. like this

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

The only thing I excpected more from is his long passing. 

He averages just 2,5 long passes per game.

Kroos has 9,5, Thiago has 7, Busquets has 4,5. 

Sometimes you just need long pass to break the press / create dangerous chance and Jorginho isnt doing it enough.

I have a feeling that has more to do with the team not having good enough runners. Morata often stands still, Hazard doesn't stay in the striker position and Willian often stands still too.

DDA, DYC., OneMoSalah and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I have a feeling that has more to do with the team not having good enough runners. Morata often stands still, Hazard doesn't stay in the striker position and Willian often stands still too.

Thats why we need younger wingers who are willing to run more

1chelsea likes this

17 hours ago, Yeboii said:

Plus I don't think his long range passing is that good and We are kinda spoiled by fabregas long pass 

17 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Did you watch him at Napoli? He hit long passes a lot but he had movement in fdrnt of him. Also Luiz hits a lot of the passes you would see Jorginho do at times too because he has that ability where as at Napoli, Albiol and Koulibaly played a lot less penetrating vertical passes.

Its the same way Cesc looked ineffective in a deeper role here under Sarri because everyone stands still and wants the ball to feet so they can take a million touches... likes of Barkley, Ruben, Eden, Willian, Morata still all guilty of this in the final third far too often, not quick enough with our combination play. Even regarding movement off the ball, Pedro and Kante (huge improvement tbis season in this regard) are really the only guys who make constant off the ball movements. 

For all the doubters of Jorginho, if he played for City you would all be creaming your pants because they have good rotations and good movement off the ball in the final third. Plus their system would mask any defects he has, although defensively he has really come on a lot since his first game for us.

Amen. Although Jorginho did have a few shaky games after a hot start, he has definitely made up for it in recent matches vs Spurs ect.

Johnnyeye likes this

On 1/9/2019 at 7:24 PM, LAM09 said:

The fact he hasn't even assisted a goal this season (24 games) is extremely alarming. 

Why is it extremely alarming? For me what is extremely alarming is our inability to get into goalscoring positions and to score goals, which of course also reduces the number of assists.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:08 PM, Tautvix said:

Controlling games? Without creating chances to score? That's not controlling games.

Jorginho only passes back... Haven't seen a single good pass forward from him this season.

You clearly haven't watched many games this season or you have very selective memory. I could pick a good forward pass each game he's played in.

Unionjack and 1chelsea like this

20 minutes ago, manpe said:

Why is it extremely alarming? For me what is extremely alarming is our inability to get into goalscoring positions and to score goals, which of course also reduces the number of assists.

You clearly haven't watched many games this season or you have very selective memory. I could pick a good forward pass each game he's played in.

Only thing wrong with Jorgi is he doesn't get the players moving into areas where his passes can do damage!

Hes not a goal scorer, Isnt supposed to be!

Thats why we need a bloody good ACM instead of Barkley/RLC who offer us a good game in every 10

kc_blue and communicate like this

32 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Only thing wrong with Jorgi is he doesn't get the players moving into areas where his passes can do damage!

Hes not a goal scorer, Isnt supposed to be!

Thats why we need a bloody good ACM instead of Barkley/RLC who offer us a good game in every 10

Barkley is an enigma. He had a promising period, but he's reverted back to this shy and restricted self. He should be dominating and ramming through people and getting shots away in the box... Guess that injury halted his momentum.

Unionjack likes this