Jorginho

Unionjack

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Jorginho wants to join Chelsea over Manchester City because his preference is to live in London, according to Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

Possibly but another version is that City don't rate him highly enough to match our offer.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Possibly but another version is that City don't rate him highly enough to match our offer.

I think its somewhere between the two, City rate him and would have paid, but ADL still would have accepted Chelseas offer to get the Sarri deal done. Short of Jorginho absolutely refusing to come here we had ADL in our corner (which is odd) Jorginho sees London + Sarri + $$$ + guaranteed starter, easy decision. 

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

For me, it's more like they really like/want Jorginho but aren't desperate for him since their squad is already so great. He would've been a luxury signing for them like Mahrez is. Just like Fred was going to be before United pinched him.

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

A midfielder with Cesc's playmaking abilities but who can actually run. What we've been desperately in need of for a while.

I do not think he is more creative than Cesc.....But yeah he is a great signing....Playmaker who can cover ground 

1 minute ago, FabHazard said:

I do not think he is more creative than Cesc.....But yeah he is a great signing....Playmaker who can cover ground 

Yeah, he's not quite as crispy with his passes as Cesc in his prime, but he's got that same eye for a ball over the top that has made Cesc great. 

Just thinking back to that dreadfully inadequate midfield 2 of Kante & Bakayoko or Kante & Cesc and now knowing that we may have Jorginho in there instead makes me so excited.

25 minutes ago, Adnane said:

Are we actually outspending City for a player ? :lol: 

Maybe the Sarri factor is an additional attraction, but otherwise I simply don't believe that any player with equal prospects for playing time at city or at Chelsea, would choose us these days. I also don't believe that City would be outspent by us for a player they really set their heart on. I suspect that we've paid more for the player than City were willing to and that this is because Jorginho has a higher value to us because Sarri wants him.

The question I'm about to ask may already have been answered above (I haven't checked yet) but I'll ask it anyway. Do you watch Jorginho? He seems to me to be a Cesc type player. If you agree, does he have the same strengths AND weaknesses?

Maybe the Sarri factor is an additional attraction, but otherwise I simply don't believe that any player with equal prospects for playing time at city or at Chelsea, would choose us these days. I also don't believe that City would be outspent by us for a player they really set their heart on. I suspect that we've paid more for the player than City were willing to and that this is because Jorginho has a higher value to us because Sarri wants him.

The question I'm about to ask may already have been answered above (I haven't checked yet) but I'll ask it anyway. Do you watch Jorginho? He seems to me to be a Cesc type player. If you agree, does he have the same strengths AND weaknesses?

I've answered that already elsewhere...

What your getting with Jorginho is a player who dictates tempo, his passing range is expansive and he covers a lot of ground. He has the same traits as Cesc but offers more in the engine room, his intelligence off the ball is also very good.

He is similar but I view Cesc as extremes, He is absolutely brilliant with the ball at his feet, can pick that magic pass the way nobody else could, including Jorginho. But on the other end he was woeful, slow and small a massive liability. Jorginho feels like a more well rounded version, Bigger physically and quicker, nice idea of his surroundings and controlling tempo same as cesc. Can absolutely drop passes in but he can hold his own on the defensive end. Could just be my opinion on the question but if you view Cesc as 9/10 going forward and 1/10 Defensively than I might put Jorginho at 7.5/10 forward and 5/10 at the back (this is just to indicate the differences in Cesc/Jorgi not their actual ratings out of 10)

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I've answered that already elsewhere...

What your getting with Jorginho is a player who dictates tempo, his passing range is expansive and he covers a lot of ground. He has the same traits as Cesc but offers more in the engine room, his intelligence off the ball is also very good.

3 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

He is similar but I view Cesc as extremes, He is absolutely brilliant with the ball at his feet, can pick that magic pass the way nobody else could, including Jorginho. But on the other end he was woeful, slow and small a massive liability. Jorginho feels like a more well rounded version, Bigger physically and quicker, nice idea of his surroundings and controlling tempo same as cesc. Can absolutely drop passes in but he can hold his own on the defensive end. Could just be my opinion on the question but if you view Cesc as 9/10 going forward and 1/10 Defensively than I might put Jorginho at 7.5/10 forward and 5/10 at the back (this is just to indicate the differences in Cesc/Jorgi not their actual ratings out of 10)

Thank you Gentlemen. 

From what I've been reading in the past few days. This is how it goes..

City and Napoli were trying to negotiate a deal for Jorginho. City wanted to pay 50 million euros tops. Napoli wanted at least 55-60 milion euros. Napoli also wanted Sarri's release clause to be paid in full by Chelsea (8 million euros) and didn't want Chelsea to trigger relase clauses of players that weren't being sold this summer (which excludes Jorginho cause he was already replaced by Fabian Ruiz)

Chelsea Board and Roman saw the loophole and went in for Jorginho as they were looking for a Deep Lying Playmaker anyway (hence Seri rumours). Who better than a player that thrived under Sarri in that role?

So it's a 57 million euros deal for Jorginho + 8 million euros for Sarri. Taking the package to 65 million Euros in total.

ADL was happy with this offer and he got more for Jorginho than City were paying. He gave the go ahead for Jorginho to Chelsea. 

He doesn't want to come out as a prick, so he's putting it on the fact that Jorginho chose Chelsea over City.