Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri guilty of ignoring players’ grievances but they are out on their feet after tough run

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-boss-maurizio-sarri-guilty-of-ignoring-players-grievances-but-they-are-out-on-their-feet-a4054511.html

Maurizio Sarri in scathing attack on Chelsea stars in 50 minute dressing room inquest after Bournemouth loss... as furious manager snubs team bus to travel home alone

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6652985/Maurizio-Sarri-traveled-Chelseas-humiliation-Bournemouth-alone.html

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The fact we are getting exactly the same wild swings in performances under two very different managers in two successive season, therefore pre-dating Sarri’s time here, strongly suggest he’s not solely to blame. 

Happened under 3 managers in 4 or 5 years. Mourinho got a huge chunk of blame for that season but the evidence is still there to indicate the players are as much to blame...

This is getting borderline ridiculous now. I hate Mourinho with a passion and I loved Conte, they made mistakes and had to leave, but you can't help but feel the players had some part in those sackings, too. It is impossible for me to be the only once noticing a very important aspect with this group of players and it happened with both Mourinho and Conte; now with Sarri, too - as soon as the squad feels they are out of the title race, not matter they are 6 or 10 points behind, they down tools and simply refuse to play anymore. As soon as City and Liverpool got themselves a couple of wins ahead, this season has turned upside down. There is no fight in them, I did not feel for a moment this squad was ready to put all the draws and losses behind and try to catch City and Liverpool, I simply did not. 

Sarri is stubborn and apparently picked a fight with Eden - well I'm asking this - his wingers at Napoli played a TOTALLY different game that the ones at Chelsea - if he's that stubborn don't you think he'd try the same things that worked at Napoli? Our wingers I don't understand what they are trying to do, always cutting inside, passing sideways, making it so easy for the opposing defence. Whereas Napoli's were always cutting inside, playing one-twos etc.

I don't believe for a single moment that Sarri instructs the attacking players to look that lethargic. I am absolutely sure he uses the same methods he used and Napoli and that team was a different animal in the final third. 

Sorry lads but this is on the squad I am afraid. They simply don't want to pick up on what the manager instructs them to do IMHO. 

It has to be said that our unbeaten streak at the beginning of the season and playing surprisingly well at first likely has come back to bite us.

It seems the players did not let the tactics settle completely because of it. We should have been having these problems in the first couple of months. Sarri is right that they have abandoned his tactics and basic movements, specifically when things go bad. That's clear as day.

We desperately need a bit of flexibility and the like for like subs are infuriating at times. Not to mention playing underperforming players.

I could go on and on with things that need work. All sides are at fault. But I still have hope it will come good. I really think it will be brilliant when it does.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I really thought this struggle will happen early in the season and it will get better, but is the opposite. We look quite good in the beginning but it has been months of bad football.  

Maybe it is Sarri's fault. But not sure what to change. Switching to 4231 will not help, there isn't much of a difference. Just ask kante to stop bombing forward and we are 4231. Because we want to allow hazard to play a free role. 

1 hour ago, JDY said:

Losing 4-0 to Everton. Sounds a lot like Wednesday night, replacing Sagna with Kovacic's chance.

"The Toffees willingly soaked up 71% of City possession but restricted Guardiola's side to few chances and scored with four of just six attempts at goal. City lacked cutting edge throughout, though had Davies not headed a looping Bacary Sagna header off the line before half-time, they may not have gone on to suffer a fifth league defeat of the season."

I watched this game. It was quite simple, everytime Everton counter, it looks like they are going to score. I think it was dellofeu and Lukaku. City fb were too slow. It was simple fix for pep. Bought 3 good fb for 120m and problem solved. 

I wish I watched our game vs Bournemouth.not sure what happen. 

3 hours ago, JDY said:

A few interesting soundbites from City's first season under Pep.

I think thats the big difference. We are talking a manager that is considered a living legend. Guardiola alone gives City another status as football club. To other side, as I said many times before, Sarri is a 60 years with a CV that is no better than Eddie Howe's CV. You could even argue that Eddie Howe's CV is better than Sarri's CV. I mean, he won the  Championship back in 2015 and is set to survive in PL with a weak side for 4 season in a row.

To other side Sarri is a guy that this decade was the manager of Grosseto, Alessandria, Sorrento and Empolo, before becoming a cult hero for football nerds because he made Napoli play exciting football for 3 years...So I think you comparison is way too optimistic, mate.

Giving Sarri another season hoping that he would do a Guardiola doesn't make sense in my opinion, because Sarri is closer to previous failed PL experiments like Andre Villas Boas and David Moyes than to Guardiola.