test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

2,717 posts in this topic

I really thought this struggle will happen early in the season and it will get better, but is the opposite. We look quite good in the beginning but it has been months of bad football.  

Maybe it is Sarri's fault. But not sure what to change. Switching to 4231 will not help, there isn't much of a difference. Just ask kante to stop bombing forward and we are 4231. Because we want to allow hazard to play a free role. 

1 hour ago, JDY said:

Losing 4-0 to Everton. Sounds a lot like Wednesday night, replacing Sagna with Kovacic's chance.

"The Toffees willingly soaked up 71% of City possession but restricted Guardiola's side to few chances and scored with four of just six attempts at goal. City lacked cutting edge throughout, though had Davies not headed a looping Bacary Sagna header off the line before half-time, they may not have gone on to suffer a fifth league defeat of the season."

I watched this game. It was quite simple, everytime Everton counter, it looks like they are going to score. I think it was dellofeu and Lukaku. City fb were too slow. It was simple fix for pep. Bought 3 good fb for 120m and problem solved. 

I wish I watched our game vs Bournemouth.not sure what happen. 

kellzfresh likes this

3 hours ago, JDY said:

A few interesting soundbites from City's first season under Pep.

I think thats the big difference. We are talking a manager that is considered a living legend. Guardiola alone gives City another status as football club. To other side, as I said many times before, Sarri is a 60 years with a CV that is no better than Eddie Howe's CV. You could even argue that Eddie Howe's CV is better than Sarri's CV. I mean, he won the  Championship back in 2015 and is set to survive in PL with a weak side for 4 season in a row.

To other side Sarri is a guy that this decade was the manager of Grosseto, Alessandria, Sorrento and Empolo, before becoming a cult hero for football nerds because he made Napoli play exciting football for 3 years...So I think you comparison is way too optimistic, mate.

Giving Sarri another season hoping that he would do a Guardiola doesn't make sense in my opinion, because Sarri is closer to previous failed PL experiments like Andre Villas Boas and David Moyes than to Guardiola.

11Drogba and Vesper like this

39 minutes ago, Strike said:

Some things never change. Manager under fire and Henrique is on the forum attacking left right and centre

It's his very underwhelming cameo , 'stick the knife in the back of whoevers underfire at that moment in time'..... :doh:

Strike and kellzfresh like this

Here we go again with another Pep v. Sarri first season comparison that don’t make sense.

It is no different than like a Pep v. Emery first season comparison.

Fulham Broadway and Henrique like this

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Here we go again with another Pep v. Sarri first season comparisons that don’t make sense.

People are entering the 'clutching at straws' territory with that comparison. Saw someone practically absolve Sarri of the 4-0 debacle at Bournemouth because Guardiola also lost 4-0 (to Everton) in his first season. :doh: 

Sarri has already shown some major managerial flaws here - tactical stubbornness, rigid tactics, doesn't rotate the squad, not able to motivate the players (as said by the man himself). Those are the kind of bad qualities will not make a manager a serial success (in fact, we criticized some of our previous managers, who displayed some of those qualities) and I highly doubt giving him his players is going to suddenly make him change his ways. 

Bosnian Blue likes this

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Here we go again with another Pep v. Sarri first season comparisons that don’t make sense.

It is no different than like a Pep v. Emery first season comparison.

It reminds me Morata vs. Drogba first season comparison. Good luck Mana.

Clockwork, Mana, Henrique and 1 other like this

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

People are entering the 'clutching at straws' territory with that comparison. Saw someone practically absolve Sarri of the 4-0 debacle at Bournemouth because Guardiola also lost 4-0 (to Everton) in his first season. :doh: 

Sarri has already shown some major managerial flaws here - tactical stubbornness, rigid tactics, doesn't rotate the squad, not able to motivate the players (as said by the man himself). Those are the kind of bad qualities will not make a manager a serial success (in fact, we criticized some of our previous managers, who displayed some of those qualities) and I highly doubt giving him his players is going to suddenly make him change his ways. 

If Chelsea's players lack motivation, it is the motivation to believe in what Maurizio Sarri commands. So it's them, but it's very much him as well.

11Drogba and Mana like this

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah, did Pep ever say after his 4-0 defeat to Everton on his first season that "He is not able to motivate the players?" Or after any game?

This whole thing is BS, and it's sad people keep using it to defend Sarri. It's boring, proven time and time again it doesn't make sense.

P.S - I'm not saying you can't defend Sarri, but not like this. Please.

Exactly. Mourinho in beIN, said it perfectly how easy it is to analyze us. Cut all the supply to Jorginho, and we're fecked.

If Jorginho has a poor game, the attack has a poor game because of our system. We rely too much on Jorginho. What happens if he gets injured FFS? We don't have Fabregas anymore remember, so we are ultimately screwed for the rest of the season!