test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

2,707 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

So do we keep going with the same predictable shape and players?

Jorginho is dead on his feet and either needs dropping or get Kante next to him to offer protection, because right now, when Jorginho is caught out, we are cut wide open.

This is just one of the examples how things can be changed. We must also stop this generic shit way saying things like "CHO played 3 days ago" so he's basically saying he's tired...bollocks, absolute bollocks, he's 18, fit as fuck and we are getting shot this load of shit time after time.

We had these same players when we played shitty.

We took them apart in the 2nd half.

ffs It was on;y a couple months back.

We played tight and took the whole of the middle 1/3 of the pitch. Eben Kepa was up there so he could get any long balls played thru or over,

Kante was closer to Jorgi and closer to the box to get forward.

Sarri set it up perfect. And the players all did their jobs to a man.

How the fuck can we do that againt the supposed best team in England but we crumble like schoolkids last night??

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

We had these same players when we played shitty.

We took them apart in the 2nd half.

ffs It was on;y a couple months back.

We played tight and took the whole of the middle 1/3 of the pitch. Eben Kepa was up there so he could get any long balls played thru or over,

Kante was closer to Jorgi and closer to the box to get forward.

Sarri set it up perfect. And the players all did their jobs to a man.

How the fuck can we do that againt the supposed best team in England but we crumble like schoolkids last night??

I've highlighted the last part.....Up's and downs of football I'm afraid, I mean Leicester beat us and City and went and lost to Cardiff. Newcastle beat City the other night and so on.

They shouldn't be playing football if they can get up for the likes of City at home but not Bournemouth or all that shit away.

They are gutless in all honesty.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

They are gutless in all honesty.

VERY BIG YES!

But it just does my head in mate how we can go from that game - doing EVERYTHING right to make Sarris style work.

To the load of complete tosh last night.  Just blows me away.

Need a brandy coffee!

Slante!

Just now, Unionjack said:

VERY BIG YES!

But it just does my head in mate how we can go from that game - doing EVERYTHING right to make Sarris style work.

To the load of complete tosh last night.  Just blows me away.

Need a brandy coffee!

Slante!

I need a drink tonight. The wife came downstairs last night at 10pm, looked at my face and went 'What' I just looked at her and went to bed, she said 'Chelsea lost didn't they'...

I want the players to have the same gut feeling as I do when we lose.

Just now, Special Juan said:

I need a drink tonight. The wife came downstairs last night at 10pm, looked at my face and went 'What' I just looked at her and went to bed, she said 'Chelsea lost didn't they'...

I want the players to have the same gut feeling as I do when we lose.

I dont think this lot of players (majority) actually give a toss if they lose. They will have gone out to dinner and forgot all about it

I got pissed and so angry I couldn't come on site cause I'd have got banned lol

I dont have my Mrs to warn me when I reach that stage now So I gotta do it myself and  that doesn;t work too well lol

Have one for me!

Special Juan likes this

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The fact we are getting exactly the same wild swings in performances under two very different managers in two successive season, therefore pre-dating Sarri’s time here, strongly suggest he’s not solely to blame. 

Happened under 3 managers in 4 or 5 years. Mourinho got a huge chunk of blame for that season but the evidence is still there to indicate the players are as much to blame...

This is getting borderline ridiculous now. I hate Mourinho with a passion and I loved Conte, they made mistakes and had to leave, but you can't help but feel the players had some part in those sackings, too. It is impossible for me to be the only once noticing a very important aspect with this group of players and it happened with both Mourinho and Conte; now with Sarri, too - as soon as the squad feels they are out of the title race, not matter they are 6 or 10 points behind, they down tools and simply refuse to play anymore. As soon as City and Liverpool got themselves a couple of wins ahead, this season has turned upside down. There is no fight in them, I did not feel for a moment this squad was ready to put all the draws and losses behind and try to catch City and Liverpool, I simply did not. 

Sarri is stubborn and apparently picked a fight with Eden - well I'm asking this - his wingers at Napoli played a TOTALLY different game that the ones at Chelsea - if he's that stubborn don't you think he'd try the same things that worked at Napoli? Our wingers I don't understand what they are trying to do, always cutting inside, passing sideways, making it so easy for the opposing defence. Whereas Napoli's were always cutting inside, playing one-twos etc.

I don't believe for a single moment that Sarri instructs the attacking players to look that lethargic. I am absolutely sure he uses the same methods he used and Napoli and that team was a different animal in the final third. 

Sorry lads but this is on the squad I am afraid. They simply don't want to pick up on what the manager instructs them to do IMHO. 

kellzfresh, DDA, OneMoSalah and 1 other like this

It has to be said that our unbeaten streak at the beginning of the season and playing surprisingly well at first likely has come back to bite us.

It seems the players did not let the tactics settle completely because of it. We should have been having these problems in the first couple of months. Sarri is right that they have abandoned his tactics and basic movements, specifically when things go bad. That's clear as day.

We desperately need a bit of flexibility and the like for like subs are infuriating at times. Not to mention playing underperforming players.

I could go on and on with things that need work. All sides are at fault. But I still have hope it will come good. I really think it will be brilliant when it does.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kellzfresh likes this