Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

CHO didn’t even make the squad after the performance last Sunday.

Sarri’s man management must take some blame, and Sarriball also must take a lot of blame too. The players? Yes, a lot of blame too.

I get what you say and Sarri is to blame, too, I agree, but my personal opinion is that this set of players (not all of them of course, but I'd say 70% of them) are not good enough for this tactics. Sarri's Napoli in the final third was a totally different animal than Sarri's Chelsea, it is like watching a cheap, fake Sarri copycat. 

But the thing is there is no copycat and it's the same manager in charge. Napoli could adapt to his tactics, but Chelsea can't... Well for me it's clear who's fault it is to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I know it's easy to blame Sarri but that tonight was the players imo. Gutless performance from the lads.

The Russian way of having disposable managers was fine when we had the Terry/Lampard/ Drogba spine, but with no leaders it wont solve anything

Before you used to feel confident. Losing but chances are it'll turn around. Now just run around in any direction. Miss the days of JT giving orders and sense of organisation 

This is why wasn't fussed when Spurs lost. Except then we were 6 ahead of Man U and Arsenal.. Now we're behind on goals and 2 above Man u

30 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

You are just wasting your time mate thinking somebody is going to listen to you or me saying this is not 100% on the manager. 

Baffles me the way fans react knowing actually that this group of players are an average bunch. Let's be honest here this is a world class club among top 10 on this planet but with a poor generation of players that needs a refresh. 

It is dumb watching football matches blaming the manager solely when things don't work. Look at the bigger picture - Azpilicueta is simply a poor right back, Luiz a calimity, both left backs are average, Pedro, Willian what is the point of them these days really? A midfield that adds nothing and a Hazard in cruising mode. As much as I love Eden, he simply does not give two fucks anymore, Madrid can start selling tshirts of him it would not make any difference if it's now or August, I've never been more sure of a transfer than this one. 

Kante has the easiest of goals in his boot but flukes the chance and Luiz chooses the dumbest choice and gifts Bournemouth the second goal. Don't know what Sarri has to do with any of these to be fair...

Spot on.

We went from having Ashley Cole(the best LB in the world at the time), Lampard(one of the top 5 MF of his generation), Drogba(the one you can always count on in the big  games), Terry and many more world class players, to this bunch of mediocre players with zero character and mentality.

Azpi, as i have said before, is a fucking warrior but he is trully average compared to the best RBs. Luiz is hot and cold - couple of weeks ago he looked like the beast we saw  7 years ago vs United at the Bridge. Today he and Rudi were beyond horrible. Pedro and Willian have always been average with the occasional moments of magic. The rest are no different. 

15 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Spot on. Theres no Terry, Lampard,  Drogba in terms of spirit, fight. And we've just offloaded our most creative to Monaco. 

I think our keeper is bang average too, Boruc and Begovic are better,  and Caballero is braver.

Those were leaders and world class footballers, too. Nowadays I see articles on how Azpilicueta confronted Sarri after his presser at the Emirates. Well I get that he sticks to his mates but what about he puts a shift or two at right back also and shuts his mouth? He is fucking useless this season, if you are about to open your mouth at least make sure you are one of the top performers, not a fucking joke. I think James Milner at right back looks like Cafu compared to Azpilicueta. 

That hurt but at one point you have to notice that it's the players, because we are having the same issues for the past 3 managers. 

Is not going to change no matter who we get. 

We will just do good for a short period of time and then go back to the same issue. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

That hurt but at one point you have to notice that it's the players, because we are having the same issues for the past 3 managers. 

Is not going to change no matter who we get. 

We will just do good for a short period of time and then go back to the same issue. 

Yeah like someone on BBC said.. Either win the league or sack the manager and end up 5th/6th. There doesn't seem to be much inbetween. 

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

You could give Bournemouth credit for a top performance if they won 2-0, 2-1 - but 4-0 also shows our shower up for laziness

We weren't to bad first half. All came out and fell apart. Yeah that last goal.. Just to add to the misery. 

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

You could give Bournemouth credit for a top performance if they won 2-0, 2-1 - but 4-0 also shows our shower up for laziness

They motivate themselves for the spurs game and here just turn off. 

They have done this for the past few years. 

Sarri was right, the group is weak in mentality and can't motivate themselves. 

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

We weren't to bad first half. All came out and fell apart. Yeah that last goal.. Just to add to the misery. 

We go again against Huddersfield. They must be thinking, 'ride out all their possession, and we can score on the break'

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

They motivate themselves for the spurs game and here just turn off. 

They have done this for the past few years. 

Shame didn't motivate for Arsenal. You'd thought that being a big one and a rival. That fell flat as well. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

I think he was right. That said, Sarri also shows no imagination, he admits he can’t motivate the players, then plays the same three non-creating, non-goalscoring midfield. Leaves CHO out of the squad, leaves Willian out of the starting eleven, even though he scored twice on Sunday.

Sarriball has won nothing in Italy, and can't see that changing in Brexitland

Just now, whats happening said:

these players are known that they doesnt give a shit what the manager says. it's not that surprising.

Or maybe, we just so happen to have a clueless manager who is a one trick pony! Our squad might not be WOW but it's still a decent side and should be good enough to at least be sitting comfortably in the top 4. Judging by some of the comments, you would have think we have a squad worse than Cardiff or even Fulham!