Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

10 hours ago, Jason said:

As much as I disklike watching Sarri's football at the moment,

Articles like these are an even bigger bore.

An 'insider' claims training sessions are dull and monotonous. What 'creative genius' came up with this crap?

Rubbish article. Don't wont another season Chelsea in the doldrums, and certainly don't want to read crap like this from the gutter press. Its like on an annoying loop.

6 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

These pundits are really clueless. Kante on the right is not even in the top 3 of our issues at the moment. 

I do agree he needs to drop Jorginho though. Why not play Kova there? He's just as good, if not even better technically and can also put a shift in defensively. I've never seen such a rigid manager.

I am not understanding the logic behind benching Jorginho. I see no reason to bench our most important player in our buildup and distributor, by benching him you basically make the job easier on our opposition now they don't have to worry about him. Kovacic is on the pitch for great amount of time Jorginho is. If he can distribute and build our attacks than he should have no reason for not doing it at the LCM role when Jorg is on the pitch and man marked. 

Jorginho is fine, defensively he is solid. At the moment he is stretching himself more offensively leaving himself more exposed defensively mainly because of our struggle to score goals. 

Chelsea needs more offensive minded players for Sarris system. In Napoli last season he had Mertens, Insigne, Callejon, Allan, Hamsik these are all players which present goal threat. Also fullbacks who can get involved in attack easily. 

In Chelsea at times it seems like nobody on the pitch is a goal threat. 

Sarris system of vertical movement attacking and exploiting space doesn’t really work when defenders don’t even want to cover players because they are not scared of them scoring. Stop Hazard, Willian, and Alonso and all of a sudden Chelsea can’t score anymore. 

Obviously some players in Chelsea team are not that comfortable attacking and they need to adapt to attacking system. 

But also Chelsea need more players who score goals, that midfield is really toothless and between Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho there is no goal threat at all. 

If Chelsea had a striker who actually scores goals instead of Morata/Giroud, and one goal threat midfielder instead of Kovacic/Barkley they would be fighting for the title now.

One post from a Napoli fan, reading the link below they they seem fairly confident that our current problems are personnel more than structural.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sscnapoli/comments/ahqt5a/questions_about_sarri_and_jorginho/#ampf=undefined

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Ancelotti is one of the all-time great managers, one of only three to win 3 European Championships, along with Paisley and Zidane. Enraged me when we sacked him.

Was awful with Bayern though. That team was an absolute machine under pep, Jupp Heynckes need to came in and save that season. 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Was awful with Bayern though. That team was an absolute machine under pep, Jupp Heynckes need to came in and save that season. 

May see Jupp Heynckes 3.0 if Niko Kovač doesn get his shit together.

11 hours ago, Special Juan said:

What's going on right now with the false 9 bollocks is just driving Hazard away, he looks broken and he's playing as bad as his body language.

The funny part of Hazard as no 9 is most player like Hazard like to play in the center. Salah right now is playing more of a striker than a winger. Ronaldo is the same. Messi was breaking records as false 9. Bale also like to play in the center. 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

The funny part of Hazard as no 9 is most player like Hazard like to play in the center. Salah right now is playing more of a striker than a winger. Ronaldo is the same. Messi was breaking records as false 9. Bale also like to play in the center. 

When Eden is a false nine, he looks to his left and sees Willian. Looks to his right and sees Pedro or RLC. Looks to bench and sees a Bayern-bound CHO and/or Moses.

Then he looks to make sure he hasn't lost the Real Madrid board's telly number.

30 minutes ago, communicate said:

One of Salah, Ronaldo, and Bale best attributes is movement off the ball and making goal scoring runs. That is not Hazard game, he is dangerous on the ball and his best off the ball movements is interchanging not the runs that put him in a position to finish off goals . That is why the false #9 doesn't suit him, you have to be very active off the ball and make goal scoring runs. That is why i think Pedro would have been ideal to play there if Sarri wasn't happy with Morata and Giroud. 

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

One of Salah, Ronaldo, and Bale best attributes is movement off the ball and making goal scoring runs. That is not Hazard game, he is dangerous on the ball and his best off the ball movements is interchanging not the runs that put him in a position to finish off goals . That is why the false #9 doesn't suit him, you have to be very active off the ball and make goal scoring runs. That is why i think Pedro would have been ideal to play there if Sarri wasn't happy with Morata and Giroud. 

Agreed, and/or try RLC and/or even Barkley (would rather try him at RW) there. Surely worth a shot on all 3.

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Agreed, and/or try RLC and/or even Barkley (would rather try him at RW) there. Surely worth a shot on all 3.

When Sarri was appointed i was a bit surprised to see Barkley in midfield, i thought his attributes fitted as a forward much more. At Everton he was known for his diagonal runs, attacking instincts, and ability to finish off goals. Do not like him in midfield just doesn't have the IQ to play there, you can clearly see he is thinking too much. 

RLC on the other hand i am not sure; he is great with his back to the goal and holding the ball. Just not sure about his finishing and movement off the ball. 

Sari ball cannot be used in EPL ?  SAri wont be changing His Sari system any time soon. Without SARI system , who is he ?  So stubbornly he ll  cling on hiz system.  Looking at the recent result, its predictable , no goal attempt Chelsea. Gone again the dream of CHAMPION LEAGUE football for next season. Chelsea , yet again got a unsuitable coach ? 

This team is far off from playing decent football in the champions league anyway at the moment, so if we do loose top 4 then it won’t be a complete disaster. Our level is europa and we should accept that for now. 

Our team lacks the solid foundation of old. Terry, lampard and drogba was our spine. We have no spine at the moment. Until we have players like them that lead on the pitch and deliver then we will never challenge for major honours for some time. We have talent, but it’s not enough on its own. 

Ive Come to accept that. I still appreciate Abramovich and what he has done to Chelsea. 

Until we get fighters on the pitch it doesn’t matter who’s in charge really. It hasn’t worked for Mourinho or conte (in the end, he messed up big with Costa, despite his trophies) and it won’t work for Sarri either. As frustrating as it is at the moment , same game week in week out with meek performances, I doubt much would change even if Sarri left. 

5 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Pedro hold up ball is not good enough as no 9. He is better as a player who keep moving