Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

My biggest concern with Sarri is his adversity to rotation. Wi his high tempo game we need fresh players and he seems to only pick the same players. Some of our problems are because of this and less so about the talent at hand. 

3 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

My biggest concern with Sarri is his adversity to rotation. Wi his high tempo game we need fresh players and he seems to only pick the same players. Some of our problems are because of this and less so about the talent at hand. 

Talent on hand trumps rotation IMHO. We have the worst strikers of any top 20 team in Europe, Willian is shit regardless of his wonder goal yesterday,  our MF produces fuckall goals or assists, Azpi is simply not a Sarriball RB, and Alonso, well, lolol if anything thinks he is a class player, he is literally the worst starter we have. Emerson is obviously shit, as he cannot even get a sniff of benching La Tortuga. Pedro is great at times but is brittle. Hazard is burnt out and playing entirely out of position.

It is a miracle we are only 1 point behind the yids for 3rd place. Much of that is due to the league initially not having a clue how to defend against Sarriball. Now they have.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Watching Spurs v Man United and looking at how OGS has turned United around, can't help but think that sometimes, football is all about simplicity and nothing about the fancy tactics or over-complicated fancy football. 

“Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is.”

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

If we played simple football people would complain that we lack identity

1993 to 2013 Fergie Manure teams were playing simple football, simply brutal, simply devastating a shit tonne of the time.

Our 2004-2006 Mo teams played simple football too, with same results, from a different style.

Image result for 2004â05 Chelsea

Image result for 2005â06 Chelsea

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Watching Spurs v Man United and looking at how OGS has turned United around, can't help but think that sometimes, football is all about simplicity and nothing about the fancy tactics or over-complicated fancy football. 

Did you watch the whole game J? The second half they hung on by the skin of their teeth. If Spurs had their shooting boots on, they would have won that game comfortably. 

Barca under Guardiola was arguably the greatest team of all time and that was because they played in a system that was overwhelming even to Fergies United.

OGS's United will be tested soon and trust me, they will be found wanting. 

They are riding the high of Joses departure which can propell any team to glory. Lol.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

1993 to 2013 Fergie Manure teams were playing simple football, simply brutal, simply devastating a shit tonne of the time.

Our 2004-2006 Mo teams played simple football too, with same results, from a different style.

Image result for 2004â05 Chelsea

Image result for 2005â06 Chelsea

This was before the evolution of football. Before Tika taka and before the influx of foreign managers in the English game. Just look how Joses simple football holds up now. It's embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

This was before the evolution of football. Before Tika taka and before the influx of foreign managers in the English game. Just look how Joses simple football holds up now. It's embarrassing.

Klopp plays direct simple (well simpler than most) football, seems to be working out oki for him. Juventus too. Bayern under Jupp Heynckes, Manure under OGS, also seem to follow that model. Mo won the CL at Inter playing it, well after tiki taka came onto the scene.

Tiki-taka was just a revival and update of the 1920's to 1942 Schalker Kreisel  ie. Schalke spinning top

https://halbfeldflanke.de/2015/12/der-schalker-kreisel/

http://gottfriedfuchs.blogspot.com/2014/06/schalker-kreisel.html

Related image

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Klopp plays direct simple (well simpler than most) football, seems to be working out oki for him. Juventus too. Bayern under Jupp Heynckes, Manure under OGS, also seem to follow that model. Mo won the CL at Inter playing it, well after tiki taka came onto the scene.

Tiki-taka was just a revival and update of the 1920's to 1942 Schalker Kreisel  ie. Schalke spinning top

https://halbfeldflanke.de/2015/12/der-schalker-kreisel/

http://gottfriedfuchs.blogspot.com/2014/06/schalker-kreisel.html

Related image

But that Barca team was the greatest team ever in my opinion. I do agree though, the game is over complicated at times. 

I just hope Uncle Sarri get's us playing SarriBall so we can all rejoice in playing pretty football at last.

Our fans need to be more patient. They are never happy. 

Moan if we play like wankers but win. Moan when we lose and play like shit.

Moan moan moan.

On 12/01/2019 at 10:04 PM, Yeboii said:

You mean our best player with 10 goals and 10 assists in half a season?

that is hardly earth-shattering production

its really good yes, but the fact it is by far the best on the team in both categories is frightening

Messi has 23 goals and 13 assists in 22 games

CR7 has 15 and 8

Neymar has 18 and 9

Kane has 20 and 6

Luis Suárez has 16 and 7

Mauro Icardi has 16 and 4

Ousmane Dembélé has 10 and 5 in the equivalent of a third of a full Barca 50 or so game season season

Robert Lewandowski has 22 and 5

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has 16 and 4

Salah has 17 and 8

Mbappe has 17 and 10

Griezmann has 14 and 7

Raheem Sterling has 11 and 11

Sane has 10 and 11

Nicolas Pepe has 13 and 8

Hirving Lozano has 15 and 9

Pogba, ffs has 9 and 8 (and that is even scarier considering he had shit under Mo)

Jadon Sancho has 7 and 10, as an 18yo, in the equivalent of 15 full games

Luka Jovic has 17 and 4

Sébastien Haller hs 12 and 11

so, nope 10 and 10 is not anything that makes me stand in awe, especially as Sarriball is supposed to be this goal-scoring machine

20 and 20 (if he gets there) would be a career year, I hope he does

just for reference

another winger's career year

was

73 goals and 29 assists (that's in one Barca-only season 2011-12)

for the calendar year of 2012 

he had 91 goals and 41 assists in all comps

Image result for Lionel Messi 2011-12

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

that is hardly earth-shattering production

its really good yes, but the fact it is by far the best on the team in both categories is frightening

Messi has 23 goals and 13 assists in 22 games

CR7 has 15 and 8

Neymar has 18 and 9

Kane has 20 and 6

Luis Suárez has 16 and 7

Mauro Icardi has 16 and 4

Ousmane Dembélé has 10 and 5 in the equivalent of a third of a full Barca 50 or so game season season

Robert Lewandowski has 22 and 5

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has 16 and 4

Salah has 17 and 8

Mbappe has 17 and 10

Griezmann has 14 and 7

Raheem Sterling has 11 and 11

Sane has 10 and 11

Nicolas Pepe has 13 and 8

Hirving Lozano has 15 and 9

Pogba, ffs has 9 and 8 (and that is even scarier considering he had shit under Mo)

Jadon Sancho has 7 and 10, as an 18yo, in the equivalent of 15 full games

Luka Jovic has 17 and 4

Sébastien Haller hs 12 and 11

so, nope 10 and 10 is not anything that makes me stand in awe, especially as Sarriball is supposed to be this goal-scoring machine

20 and 20 (if he gets there) would be a career year, I hope he does

just for reference

another winger's career year

was

73 goals and 29 assists (that's in one Barca-only season 2011-12)

for the calendar year of 2012 

he had 91 goals and 41 assists in all comps

Image result for Lionel Messi 2011-12

that is hardly fair. Messi is probably the best player of all times, surely the best of the 21st century by a landslide, which I have to admit even though I dont like him. 

And Sarriball is obviously not a goalmachine and never was. His highest overall tally was 94 the year before last year and that even in Serie A is an ok but not outstanding number. City scored 106 last season. Last season Naples only scored a meagre 77 goals. What Napoli produced last season looked easy on the eye and good for highlight reels but obviously there were patches that were just as frustrating to look at as we are this season. And I don't think all the posession is a way of defence like the Del-Bosque Style. I think Sarri is just unable to find ways to break teams down or the team is unable to execute them. 

But back to Hazard. He obviously stands out bc we have a very average squad compared to what we had in the previous era and is the focal point of everything at Chelsea. Also currently in the EPL there is not that standout player but a few world class ones like Salah, de Bruyne, Silva, Agüero and Hazard. I dont even think those are much worse than the likes of mbappe,  c.ronaldo or Neymar but they dont stand out as stars as much mainly because of marketability, competitiveness of the leagues, and more critical reception of public and press. Hazard, whilst world class for 6 years now has at no stage of his career bee a top5 player  and never will be. His talent is second to only Messi i would venture but in terms of ambition, greed, hunger he lacks behind all those names mentiioned. I don't mind, he is who he is and he still might very well be the technically most gifted player in the history of this club. still if he is to become an absolute legend here he will do so by longevity, by seeing his peak out here and staying over a few more years. We will never forget how he carried this team to 2 epl titles albeit against mediocre competition, but I would always take peak Lampard and peak Drogba over peak Hazard. If Hazard leaves in summer it will hurt-short time but if we manage to overhaul the squad and find a decent manager he will not be missed for long. 

One final note is that we sadly will never find out how good Hazard would have been in a genuine quality side. I am not really sure if he has benefitted or been a victim of the huge abyss in quality between him and his fellow attackers but when you look at city they have 6,7 top class attackers so you see peeps like Sterling scoring as much as Hazard.

To sum up, Hazard standing out so much si not only due to his remarkable (albeit not generational) quality but also to the lack thereof in the rest of the squad wrt going forward. 

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

that is hardly fair. Messi is probably the best player of all times, surely the best of the 21st century by a landslide, which I have to admit even though I dont like him. 

And Sarriball is obviously not a goalmachine and never was. His highest overall tally was 94 the year before last year and that even in Serie A is an ok but not outstanding number. City scored 106 last season. Last season Naples only scored a meagre 77 goals. What Napoli produced last season looked easy on the eye and good for highlight reels but obviously there were patches that were just as frustrating to look at as we are this season. And I don't think all the posession is a way of defence like the Del-Bosque Style. I think Sarri is just unable to find ways to break teams down or the team is unable to execute them. 

But back to Hazard. He obviously stands out bc we have a very average squad compared to what we had in the previous era and is the focal point of everything at Chelsea. Also currently in the EPL there is not that standout player but a few world class ones like Salah, de Bruyne, Silva, Agüero and Hazard. I dont even think those are much worse than the likes of mbappe,  c.ronaldo or Neymar but they dont stand out as stars as much mainly because of marketability, competitiveness of the leagues, and more critical reception of public and press. Hazard, whilst world class for 6 years now has at no stage of his career bee a top5 player  and never will be. His talent is second to only Messi i would venture but in terms of ambition, greed, hunger he lacks behind all those names mentiioned. I don't mind, he is who he is and he still might very well be the technically most gifted player in the history of this club. still if he is to become an absolute legend here he will do so by longevity, by seeing his peak out here and staying over a few more years. We will never forget how he carried this team to 2 epl titles albeit against mediocre competition, but I would always take peak Lampard and peak Drogba over peak Hazard. If Hazard leaves in summer it will hurt-short time but if we manage to overhaul the squad and find a decent manager he will not be missed for long. 

One final note is that we sadly will never find out how good Hazard would have been in a genuine quality side. I am not really sure if he has benefitted or been a victim of the huge abyss in quality between him and his fellow attackers but when you look at city they have 6,7 top class attackers so you see peeps like Sterling scoring as much as Hazard.

To sum up, Hazard standing out so much si not only due to his remarkable (albeit not generational) quality but also to the lack thereof in the rest of the squad wrt going forward. 

I agree with most, but my main focus was not on Messi, that was an add-on (fair or not) at the end to show the true gulf. I posted those 20 players to show that Hazard stats were not the crazy good, almost singular production (as in top several in world like some make it out to be) level it is being portrayed as.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I agree with most, but my main focus was not on Messi, that was an add-on (fair or not) at the end to show the true gulf. I posted those 20 players to show that Hazard stats were not the crazy good, almost singular production (as in top several in world like some make it out to be) level it is being portrayed as.

fair enough. but i think you looked up all comps stats for those didn't you? in this case it would only fair to include hazards 2 efl cup goals too so he has 12 and 10

3 hours ago, DDA said:

Did you watch the whole game J? The second half they hung on by the skin of their teeth. If Spurs had their shooting boots on, they would have won that game comfortably. 

Barca under Guardiola was arguably the greatest team of all time and that was because they played in a system that was overwhelming even to Fergies United.

OGS's United will be tested soon and trust me, they will be found wanting. 

They are riding the high of Joses departure which can propell any team to glory. Lol.

My point is play the right players and set them in a way that maximize their ability. The players look shackled in a system that doesn't suit them and there is next to zero cohesion in the way we play at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

My point is play the right players and set them in a way that maximize their ability. The players look shackled in a system that doesn't suit them and there is next to zero cohesion in the way we play at the moment.

Agree a bit.

But as Ive said before the 2nd half of Shitty we played great. Wasn;t that long ago - same players!

If you watch the scout report of Sarris Napoli he had them in a rigid formation too.

When they moved whether forward or back they moved as a single unit. Like military marching.

They moved off the ball into the channels. Our lads dont move much off the ball into a position where our passers like Jorgi/Luiz can get it to them