Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

58 minutes ago, Adnane said:

The guy litterally has the best CDM in world football and still whines about how we don't have a replacement for Jorginho.

Kante is not and has never been a CDM.

He has played in that role six times during his time in England and things like this happened.

Look at the gaping space he left in his position by pressing up field.

45 minutes ago, Adnane said:

The guy litterally has the best CDM in world football and still whines about how we don't have a replacement for Jorginho.

I don't care if the system will be altered, not being flexible enough has been every sacked Chelsea manager's undoing, he almost cost us 2 points with his stubbornness and predictability yesterday.

I'm all for Champagne football and title contenders in 2 years time, if Sarri is not flexible today he will never get that sort of time, this is Chelsea, not 2015 Liverpool who had been outside of Champions League spots for years bar 2 seasons hence could afford giving Klopp time.

Sent from my INE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Even if we put Kante to CDM, who's the playmaker when Jorginho has a bad game? Barkley? Yeah no. We need a playmaker, whether he plays CDM or CM isn't relevant

9 hours ago, Fernando said:

Asked when he expects a Fabregas replacement -- reportedly a straight choice between Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredes and Cagliari star Nicolo Barella -- to arrive, Sarri replied: "I have no idea.

"It's not too much [of a worry for me]. [If] the club is worried, I don't know. The club knows very well my opinion. I need the player there [in that position]. It depends on the club decision, I think. I cannot do anything more."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3749916/chelseas-sarri-jorginho-trouble-proof-club-need-fabregas-replacement

Another manager having to beg the club to do something. 

Why do we keep blaming managers, when managers after managers continue to have the same problem with the board? 

The reason why City and Liverpool are doing well is because they have a board that works with them. 

It's crazy! This is why don't expect much from summer. If previous ones or stories to go by its players identified by manager... Board piss around and end up with not that.

Plus its a well known fact now. So if he does get sacked and we end up looking again anyone who comes will know there's a lack of support transfer wise. 

Hopefully be different but from sounds. Worrying. 

Still no excuse for playing the same currently dodgy players and not changing things when it's obvious how it's going 

Even if we put Kante to CDM, who's the playmaker when Jorginho has a bad game? Barkley? Yeah no. We need a playmaker, whether he plays CDM or CM isn't relevant
We are talking flexibility here, with the amount of struggle Jorginho is having at the moment we nees to be flexible enough to replace him with Kante and c'ose the gap between midfield and defence.

Kante is not and has never been a CDM.
He has played in that role six times during his time in England and things like this happened.
Look at the gaping space he left in his position by pressing up field.
He has always played as the lowest of th3 two when Matic was here and with Drinkwater at Leicester, those were his best years.

His passing has immensely improved and if all Jorginho does is "dictate the play" by being available for receiving a pass and changing the direction of play then I don't think Kante would be a dramatic downgrade in that aspect, he would surely need to learn but it's miles better than not fully using the characteristics of our best midfielder.

I'm overall not so enthusiastic anymore about this whole Sarri Ball thing, Chelsea has always been about challenging, being hard to break and unpredictable to play against, none of that is there at the moment and the football is boring.

Unless the board give Sarri the perfect signings for his plan and consistently, this will be a failure, not different than Boas or Scolari who had far more quality players and characters to count on.

2 hours ago, Adnane said:

He has always played as the lowest of th3 two when Matic was here and with Drinkwater at Leicester, those were his best years.

Was he? What i saw for the most part was him pro actively hunting the ball further up with Matic/Danny sweeping up whenever he got caught out.

His passing has immensely improved and if all Jorginho does is "dictate the play" by being available for receiving a pass and changing the direction of play then I don't think Kante would be a dramatic downgrade in that aspect, he would surely need to learn but it's miles better than not fully using the characteristics of our best midfielder.

Him playing there would restrict him even more.

The reality is, we won't get the very, very best out of Kante in this system where we have 60% possession looking to play on the front foot the Kante role doesn't exist now, so it's about finding out where he can be best in the current line-up and in my opinion where he is playing now is that, think similar to if Ashley Cole was still here in his prime when Conte shown up his position would become non existent so we would have had to have accessed whether he would be more a LWB or LCB.

Unless the board give Sarri the perfect signings for his plan and consistently, this will be a failure, not different than Boas or Scolari who had far more quality players and characters to count on.

That previous group may have been mentally stronger but quality wise this team are far ahead of 11/12 and not as far away from 08/09 as people make out.

The quality of your players is only as good as opposition, back in 2009 we had easily the joint best squad in the league, we are now barely 4th or 5th in that respect.

Kante seemed to push higher because of how slow Matic is.

I simply think Sarri isn't making the best of his current squad, his ideas are very interesting, if he is lucky enough to have time + support on the market from the board we will become very competitive, I am just not sure he has enough flexibility in him to last until then.

57 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Was he? What i saw for the most part was him pro actively hunting the ball further up with Matic/Danny sweeping up whenever he got caught out.

Him playing there would restrict him even more.

The reality is, we won't get the very, very best out of Kante in this system where we have 60% possession looking to play on the front foot the Kante role doesn't exist now, so it's about finding out where he can be best in the current line-up and in my opinion where he is playing now is that, think similar to if Ashley Cole was still here in his prime when Conte shown up his position would become non existent so we would have had to have accessed whether he would be more a LWB or LCB.

That previous group may have been mentally stronger but quality wise this team are far ahead of 11/12 and not as far away from 08/09 as people make out.

This I don't get this. People keep saying kante is the best dm in the world. He is known as best dm by playing for France, Conte and Leicester. 3 defensive team where his main role as dm is ball winner. In our system, where we have the ball like 60% of the time, the dm role is to distribute the  ball forward 

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

and yes women much more

I bet you a £ to a penny shes got a bigger set of balls (and probably penis) than the majority of our board. I cant imagine ! of the weak chinned gits standing up to her and even suggesting to try a different way to do things!

59 minutes ago, Adnane said:

The quality of your players is only as good as opposition, back in 2009 we had easily the joint best squad in the league, we are now barely 4th or 5th in that respect.

Kante seemed to push higher because of how slow Matic is.

I simply think Sarri isn't making the best of his current squad, his ideas are very interesting, if he is lucky enough to have time + support on the market from the board we will become very competitive, I am just not sure he has enough flexibility in him to last until then.

Agree with majority of what you say. Specially the last bit.

I loved the way we played the 2nd half v Shitty. We got tight into the middle 1/3 and it was ours/ Kante was closer to Jorgi so he had support but didn';t have far to press high. Kepa was up so he took the long balls before they got to them.

I really loved it.

They then got selective memory syndrome and don't remember how to do good things from week to week!

I;m sure its some sort of character problem. Somethings just not right somewhere.

They have no get up and go. Or if they get it then it soon gets up and goes!!

Would like Sarri to try a 4-2-3-1 position against teams that sit back against us - with Jorginho and Kante in the pivot and Hazard in the 10 position behind a striker flanked by proper wingers who constantly interchange and make runs off the ball (think Pedro and Hudson-Odoi would be ideal for the role). Think it would play to Kante’s strengths and also allow Hazard to excel in the chief creator role.

Right now the main problem I see in our midfield is that the left sided midfielder hardly contributes anything at all from an offensive standpoint - only Kante seems to be the one making forward runs and whilst he’s improved tremendously in that role, you can tell he’s not fully comfortable and doesn’t have the technique nor the precision to play the quick and accurate one-twos in tight positions. Kovacic and Barkley whenever they play hardly do anything at all further up the pitch.

Having Kante and Jorginho in the pivot will give the security to free up the front 4 a bit more and allow Hazard to play to his strengths. Now to make this work we need a proper striker in the Costa mould. Whilst may not work against stronger teams, think it’s worth a shot against the Southamptons of the world that just want to sit back against us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk