Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Look at all these players with real doubts/transfer calls Pulisic in...The summer

No.        Position    Player
1    Spain    GK    Kepa Arrizabalaga fresh

31    England    GK    Robert Green ? Leave Summer/Age/contract

13   Argentina   GK   Willy Caballero ? Leave Summer/Age/contract
2    Germany    DF    Antonio Rüdiger seems happy
3    Spain    DF    Marcos Alonso ? Leave Summer/hopefully

21    Italy    DF    Davide Zappacosta ? Leave Summer or Now

24    England    DF    Gary Cahill (captain) ? Leave Summer or Now/Age/contract
27    Denmark    DF    Andreas Christensen hopefully not
28    Spain    DF    César Azpilicueta surely not

30    Brazil    DF    David Luiz ? Leave Summer/Age/contract 

33    Italy    DF    Emerson ? maybe if pissed

44    Wales    DF    Ethan Ampadu future

5    Italy    MF    Jorginho only if daddy sarri leaves
6    England    MF    Danny Drinkwater ? Leave Summer or Now lol
7    France    MF    N'Golo Kanté not allowed
8    England    MF    Ross Barkley probly not hg needed

17   Croatia   MF   Mateo Kovačić (on loan from Real Madrid)

12    England    MF    Ruben Loftus-Cheek future
10    Belgium    FW    Eden Hazard ? Leave Summer/REal Saga

11    Spain    FW    Pedro ? Leave Summer/Age/contract

15    Nigeria    FW    Victor Moses ? Leave Summer or Now/no games

18    France    FW    Olivier Giroud ? Leave Summer/Age/contract
20    England    FW    Callum Hudson-Odoi ? Leave Summer or Now/january mare

22    Brazil    FW    Willian ? Leave Summer or Now/Age/contract

29    Spain    FW    Álvaro Morata ? Leave Summer or Now/not happy

Sarri and this squad is a fucking disaster. Every man has his favourites but our man has the wrong favourites, terrible players with no football talent. Additionally, the football we have been watching is beyond awful.

If the board is not willing to support him and provide him with quality players, I hope he will get sacked. I really do. Because Sarri and this squad, that is just shocking.

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Sarri and this squad is a fucking disaster. Every man has his favourites but our man has the wrong favourites, terrible players with no football talent. Additionally, the football we have been watching is beyond awful.

If the board is not willing to support him and provide him with quality players, I hope he will get sacked. I really do. Because Sarri and this squad, that is just shocking.

How do you support someone saying its impossible to lose Willian...ffs willian and keep playing Alonso ahead of Emerson...

35 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

thank god we have an attacking coach. couldn't stand those endless 1-0, 2-1, 0-0, 0-1 streaks under Conte and Mou...oh wait.

I consider Sarri a defensive coach too. He is defending by keeping the ball and passing it sideways all the time. Players have no freedom whatsoecer, apart from maybe Hazard. And he is reduced our best player to being a back flick merchant. 

The football is quite frankly atrocious at the minute. Thank fuck Arsenal are so poor and Mourinho seems to have done us a favour by destroying United, otherwise we would have been out of the top 4. Still every game will be like a final until the end.

1 hour ago, Bosnian Blue said:

I consider Sarri a defensive coach too. He is defending by keeping the ball and passing it sideways all the time. Players have no freedom whatsoecer, apart from maybe Hazard. And he is reduced our best player to being a back flick merchant. 

The football is quite frankly atrocious at the minute. Thank fuck Arsenal are so poor and Mourinho seems to have done us a favour by destroying United, otherwise we would have been out of the top 4. Still every game will be like a final until the end.

I agree with this to an extent but I do think the result at Spurs made Sarri take a slightly different approach to games, since then we have looked defensively more stable but everything has slowed right down, the games before we met Spurs, we played with a little more tempo and even then Sarri said we were still too slow in his post match interviews, now he doesn't really say much about us needing to play quicker it's more focus on the "defensive phase".

The players do not seem to have freedom because they are stuck to a system of having to be available for possession, Jorginho is a good example but all the players are doing it because it is how they are being coached, there are many times Jorginho could have gone forward to offer something but he will always come backwards so he is available for the pass, I understand there are positives to playing this way but for this to work effectively we need to speed things up. All the players still need to make adjustments to play in this system, even Hazard.

We have too many players who want to hold the ball and dribble etc. As Zola described it, playing in a Sarri team is like an Orchestra, if 1 player isn't doing his job or in the right position the team will suffer.

We can only hope now the mid week games are cooling off that Sarri will have more time on the training ground and sort these things out and get us playing the tempo needed to open up these teams that park the bus.

3 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

I agree with this to an extent but I do think the result at Spurs made Sarri take a slightly different approach to games, since then we have looked defensively more stable but everything has slowed right down, the games before we met Spurs, we played with a little more tempo and even then Sarri said we were still too slow in his post match interviews, now he doesn't really say much about us needing to play quicker it's more focus on the "defensive phase".

The players do not seem to have freedom because they are stuck to a system of having to be available for possession, Jorginho is a good example but all the players are doing it because it is how they are being coached, there are many times Jorginho could have gone forward to offer something but he will always come backwards so he is available for the pass, I understand there are positives to playing this way but for this to work effectively we need to speed things up. All the players still need to make adjustments to play in this system, even Hazard.

We have too many players who want to hold the ball and dribble etc. As Zola described it, playing in a Sarri team is like an Orchestra, if 1 player isn't doing his job or in the right position the team will suffer.

We can only hope now the mid week games are cooling off that Sarri will have more time on the training ground and sort these things out and get us playing the tempo needed to open up these teams that park the bus.

Interesting that a shift in our attitude happens always after a meeting with Spurs. Happened with Mourinho too.

The poultry has been slowly taking revenge in form or another, ever since we knocked them out of various cup competitions.

And agree with your post. Our players slow down when they reach the final third. Dribbling around the box. The problem is when we face a defense like Newcastle in the PL. You can't expect a diminutive winger like Hazard to slug it out against 3 CBs. Same goes for Pedro and Willian. Their best bet is to break out of the lines, like Pedro did for his goal.

In the beginning matches we were playing with a recognized striker and it helped. Now both strikers are shot of confidence and Sarri doesn't have faith in either. We need a new CF

10 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Interesting that a shift in our attitude happens always after a meeting with Spurs. Happened with Mourinho too.

The poultry has been slowly taking revenge in form or another, ever since we knocked them out of various cup competitions.

And agree with your post. Our players slow down when they reach the final third. Dribbling around the box. The problem is when we face a defense like Newcastle in the PL. You can't expect a diminutive winger like Hazard to slug it out against 3 CBs. Same goes for Pedro and Willian. Their best bet is to break out of the lines, like Pedro did for his goal.

In the beginning matches we were playing with a recognized striker and it helped. Now both strikers are shot of confidence and Sarri doesn't have faith in either. We need a new CF

Yes it is certainly the first thing we need a new ST, even City have problems with teams that sit back but the difference is they have Aguero andmore creativity from their midfielders... ours just want to keep the ball just lately,

I’m not Sarri so I can’t give you the reason why , wether it’s the lack of movement from the front or just the tempo that needs to change but something needs to change that’s for sure.

Asked when he expects a Fabregas replacement -- reportedly a straight choice between Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Leandro Paredes and Cagliari star Nicolo Barella -- to arrive, Sarri replied: "I have no idea.

"It's not too much [of a worry for me]. [If] the club is worried, I don't know. The club knows very well my opinion. I need the player there [in that position]. It depends on the club decision, I think. I cannot do anything more."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3749916/chelseas-sarri-jorginho-trouble-proof-club-need-fabregas-replacement

Another manager having to beg the club to do something. 

Why do we keep blaming managers, when managers after managers continue to have the same problem with the board? 

The reason why City and Liverpool are doing well is because they have a board that works with them. 

The guy litterally has the best CDM in world football and still whines about how we don't have a replacement for Jorginho.

I don't care if the system will be altered, not being flexible enough has been every sacked Chelsea manager's undoing, he almost cost us 2 points with his stubbornness and predictability yesterday.

I'm all for Champagne football and title contenders in 2 years time, if Sarri is not flexible today he will never get that sort of time, this is Chelsea, not 2015 Liverpool who had been outside of Champions League spots for years bar 2 seasons hence could afford giving Klopp time.

Sent from my INE-LX1 using Tapatalk