Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

It's nothing new though. all our managers have done the same -this winds up a lot of fans  ''play da fucken yoof !''. 

it must be the boards agenda to play 'ready made' articles. With CHO and others they look at invoices profit/loss, loan potential revenue. This is always a priority consideration against success on the pitch.

And it's something Jose once said first time round when everyone raved about the Arsenal lot.. He'd like the opportunity to play youth and all but pressure to win trophies and deliver results is there.. 

No point having a youth team if none of them get anywhere at any stage. 

38 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

And it's something Jose once said first time round when everyone raved about the Arsenal lot.. He'd like the opportunity to play youth and all but pressure to win trophies and deliver results is there.. 

No point having a youth team if none of them get anywhere at any stage. 

Managers forever using the 'it's hard to play the kids because there is pressure to win' excuse is BS. We are a big club, aiming to win big things and that pressure is always gonna be there every season. At what point are the managers gonna play them? Are they really gonna only play them in the dead rubber games, which there will only be like 1-2 games per season? What would be the point of that? It's like Jody said above, it's basically about trust. They will not be perfect from the get-go and will make mistakes but it's about having faith in them, believing that they will make a difference etc. 

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Managers forever using the 'it's hard to play the kids because there is pressure to win' excuse is BS. We are a big club, aiming to win big things and that pressure is always gonna be there every season. At what point are the managers gonna play them? Are they really gonna only play them in the dead rubber games, which there will only be like 1-2 games per season? What would be the point of that? It's like Jody said above, it's basically about trust. They will not be perfect from the get-go and will make mistakes but it's about having faith in them, believe that they will make a difference etc. 

Agree with what he's said yet there doesn't seem to be that trust. Make mistakes and that seems to be limited play after that or sent on loan. Which obviously helps but if loan after loan after loan... Off elsewhere back in years.. 

And that's why I don't get the whole need experience in games argument either. Not going to get experince if not played. Especially at the moment with our play being a bit meh and results not being that amazing. Might as well try someone new and see how play under different sort of pressure. 

Hopefully the chance today will be good.. And not lose lol cause that won go down well.. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Managers forever using the 'it's hard to play the kids because there is pressure to win' excuse is BS

I can see why there is this fans romantic youth notion, but it's sentimental in business.

If the board have sanctioned £30m and £40m signings managers are not going to jeopardise their position by going against the grain.They want to play safe, they  have their CV and reputation to consider and also do not want to upset the Russian and the board, biting the hand that feeds them.

14 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

And that's why I don't get the whole need experience in games argument either. Not going to get experince if not played. Especially at the moment with our play being a bit meh and results not being that amazing. Might as well try someone new and see how play under different sort of pressure. 

We were saying the same thing when we were getting relegated in 2015, nothing changed. We weren't fighting for anything other than pride, this time we are fighting for top 4 so I can understand not wanting to jeopardize EPL. I personally don't consider dropping Willian as risking, rather it would help our bid for top 4 if he got benched, but I can understand Sarri's thinking and that whole experience argument and stuff.

9 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I can see why there is this fans romantic youth notion, but it's sentimental in business.

If the board have sanctioned £30m and £40m signings managers are not going to jeopardise their position by going against the grain.They want to play safe, they  have their CV and reputation to consider and also do not want to upset the Russian and the board, biting the hand that feeds them.

Then why was Moses ahead of CHO when he cost peanuts and is shit? He got injured afaik and lost his place, but before he was getting game time ahead of Odoi.

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Then why was Moses ahead of CHO when he cost peanuts and is shit?

CHO was 17 at the time and Moses has years of experience. There will be exceptions

I rate Moses actually. To say he is shit is a bit disingenuous. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=victor+moses+best+moments+at+chelsea&view=detail&mid=BA1A41FF5A2926C6FE93BA1A41FF5A2926C6FE93&FORM=VIRE

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Managers forever using the 'it's hard to play the kids because there is pressure to win' excuse is BS. We are a big club, aiming to win big things and that pressure is always gonna be there every season. At what point are the managers gonna play them? Are they really gonna only play them in the dead rubber games, which there will only be like 1-2 games per season? What would be the point of that? It's like Jody said above, it's basically about trust. They will not be perfect from the get-go and will make mistakes but it's about having faith in them, believing that they will make a difference etc. 

yeah, and if a certain manager actually made great progress in bringing through quality youth players, it would actually strengthen his position , it looks much better than getting shit results with average senior players

11 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

CHO was 17 at the time and Moses has years of experience. There will be exceptions

I rate Moses actually. To say he is shit is a bit disingenuous. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=victor+moses+best+moments+at+chelsea&view=detail&mid=BA1A41FF5A2926C6FE93BA1A41FF5A2926C6FE93&FORM=VIRE

Why are you linking a 2 year old video of some chaps discussing how well the wing-back position suited him in Conte's system? It couldn't be less irrelevant this day. Even Sarri eventually agreed he was shit.

Chelsea's number one priority this month is to solve their striker crisis with Morata struggling for form & confidence. #CFC have explored a range of options, including #AFCB’s Callum Wilson & #LCFC's Vardy, but Higuain* is the preferred choice of Sarri (Telegraph) #Juve #ACMilan

Sarri gives up on Higuain as Chelsea fear transfer ban

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/sarri-gives-up-on-higuain-as-chelsea-fear-transfer-ban-53353

An unlucky situation for Maurizio Sarri. In the summer of 2018, he moved from Napoli to Chelsea. One of the main reasons for his transfer was his bad relationship with De Laurentiis and the impossibility for discussing the transfer strategies with his club.

With Abramovich, however, the scenario has not changed since Sarri’s opinion won’t be listened during the winter transfer window.  After the Blues’ 0-0 draw against Southampton last night, the Italian tactician said: "There is Morata and we won’t sign a new striker, even if we have a problem with goals. The club knows my opinion, but the market does not depend on me. For example, until yesterday I knew nothing about Pulisic. The directors had asked me about him a month ago and I had expressed a positive opinion, then today I learned of his arrival".

FIFA FEAR - 64 million euros have been invested to sign Pulisic who will remain on loan to Borussia Dortmund until the end of the season. Therefore, Chelsea have anticipated all the competitors for the young American talent, but they could also face possible sanctions by FIFA, which could block or limit the next summer market for irregularities in the transfer of foreign underage footballers.

THE POST HAZARD - In addition to that, with Pulisic, Chelsea prepared to Hazard’s possible exit next summer. The Belgian winger has not yet accepted the offer to renew the contract expiring in June 2020 and Real Madrid could be a possible solution for his future given that the Merengues are still looking for Cristiano Ronaldo’s replacement.

snip

1 hour ago, manpe said:

It couldn't be less irrelevant this day

That means it's relevant :P

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Even Sarri eventually agreed he was shit.

Oh this'll be good -show me the quote of Sarri saying ''Moses is shit'' ?

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

"There is Morata and we won’t sign a new striker, even if we have a problem with goals. The club knows my opinion, but the market does not depend on me. For example, until yesterday I knew nothing about Pulisic.

It's when things like that are said you know he's on borrowed time...

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

It's when things like that are said you know he's on borrowed time...

Oh.. History repeating itself. Sounds so similar. 

I know it's January and the window is crazy and prices are ridiculous but if we have a problem with goals then it needs addressing! They want top 4 and whatever won't get that if we just rely on one player. 

Drives you nuts.. And definitely him to