test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

1,636 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

It's mad in some ways- makes you think there would never be another 'Class of 92' able to be nurtured

I'm fairly cool about it now at SW6 though  - look in the silverware cabinet....

I really couldn't care if they're young/old/HG or not. I just want the best player we could possibly get for any position.

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

It's mad in some ways- makes you think there would never be another 'Class of 92' able to be nurtured

I'm fairly cool about it now at SW6 though  - look in the silverware cabinet....

Yeah it has paid off a lot. Just seems mad that our longest manager since Jose first sacking I think him again lasting 2 and a half seasons. Just seems daft giving long term contracts and then paying out a lot after. 

Hopefully this time be different. Back the manager.. Get a striker who can score and whatever else. 

If not.. Round we go 

Unionjack likes this

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yeah it has paid off a lot. Just seems mad that our longest manager since Jose first sacking I think him again lasting 2 and a half seasons. Just seems daft giving long term contracts and then paying out a lot after. 

Hopefully this time be different. Back the manager.. Get a striker who can score and whatever else. 

If not.. Round we go 

Yeah I think you'll find managers agents' (Zahavi in Joses case) demand a long contract -they wouldn't sign for a season and a bit (which seems our average). So they know they'll be getting the elbow, but a fat wedge in compensation as well.

Yeah striker is paramount -we'll probably get one and Sarri wont know anything about it :D

Laylabelle, Vesper and Unionjack like this

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah I think you'll find managers agents' (Zahavi in Joses case) demand a long contract -they wouldn't sign for a season and a bit (which seems our average). So they know they'll be getting the elbow, but a fat wedge in compensation as well.

Yeah striker is paramount -we'll probably get one and Sarri wont know anything about it :D

Or won't be one he knows about more likely and is HG

Fulham Broadway and Vesper like this

You know what i have realized about Sarri since he has been at Chelsea, is that he is not the idealistic attacking manager i thought he was. He is actually quite balanced, his aim is to achieve balance above everything else. One FB moves high up the pitch, while the other stays low, one CM moves up and the other stays back. It is very cautious and balanced approach, in contrast to Pep who aims to create overload and pin you back above everything else.

kellzfresh likes this

14 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

You know what i have realized about Sarri since he has been at Chelsea, is that he is not the idealistic attacking manager i thought he was. He is actually quite balanced, his aim is to achieve balance above everything else. One FB moves high up the pitch, while the other stays low, one CM moves up and the other stays back. It is very cautious and balanced approach, in contrast to Pep who aims to create overload and pin you back above everything else.

He always did that at Napoli.

MAYBE we dont have the right players to go full on attack mode. Crossing everything possible that will change tho.

On 1/6/2019 at 7:33 AM, Clockwork said:

I think he has made us slightly more conservative recently. Suddenly we are so good defensively and so crap offensively? It's down to more balanced tactics. Against Arsenal for example we played like a team coached by Pep

How many games already without a goal scored? This was supposed to be the offensive one.

Whether you like it or not, we played the most attacking football in 09/10 under Carlo and in Di Matteo's second season until he got sacked.

This coach is too rigid and obsessed with his style and formation, that stuborness might cost him in the end.

DDA, 11Drogba and Fulham Broadway like this

1 minute ago, Bosnian Blue said:

How many games already without a goal scored? This was supposed to be the offensive one.

Whether you like it or not, we played the most attacking football in 09/10 under Carlo and in Di Matteo's second season until he got sacked.

This coach is too rigid and obsessed with his style and formation, that stuborness might cost him in the end.

The fag eaters clock is ticking

Bosnian Blue likes this

Not really seeing this pretty or amazing football.. Just predictable. Pass pass pass.. Miss.. Or pass pass.. Oh shit they have the ball now. 

Annoying annoying. 

3 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

The attack under Carlo was insane but I'm pretty sure if I recall, not every single bloody team we faced parked the bus like they do now. 

Laylabelle likes this

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

The attack under Carlo was insane but I'm pretty sure if I recall, not every single bloody team we faced parked the bus like they do now. 

Good old days! Though when we have Morata missing nearly open goals as he has done they don't need to park the bus. 

It just seems to go nowhere. 

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The fag eaters clock is ticking

Perhaps they should let him smoke one in the dugout mate, its affecting his thinking 

Sarri has several limits: no tournover, no B plan when things go wrong!
But there are also other things, for example the team don't press high well like Napoli did, some players try to press: like hazard or kante, others don't! they press later or run away back like willian or barkley (they high press don't know what is it)! this is not good for team becouse there no union and we often are uncover!

Just now, Bosnian Blue said:

Perhaps they should let him smoke one in the dugout mate, its affecting his thinking 

Yeah its discrimination -they obviously allow Willian and Alonso to share a bong

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Personally, think the talk of offensive football under Ancelotti has been greatly exaggerated by those 4 games in which we scored 7+ goals. And never mind Ancelotti, the football we played in the first half of 2014/15 and first season under Conte was much, much better than this.

Fernando and pHaRaOn like this