Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Sarri about pulisic:

‘I don’t know. I’m not in charge of the market so it’s very difficult to speak about the market or the Pulisic deal. The board know my opinion. I think we need something different for characteristics

Wtf?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Shit, that's not good.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jason said:

This is the problem with hiring idealists - they can be extremely stubborn and only know one way of playing. If Plan A doesn't work, keep going with Plan A! 

I don't think that is the issue at all, Guardiola is the poster boy for idealistic football, he is nowhere near as stubborn as Sarri is showing. Pep can change his formation, will drop players and mix it up. The issue is not a lack of plan B, in fact the way he played against City shows that he is pragmatic to that end to get results. 

The issue with Sarri is his persistence of playing the same underperforming players, for example not sure what Plan A that shithead Alonso fits into; really poor on both ends of the football. He treats him like a untouchable player and a club legend. We have the fewest goals of the top six and the way we are playing that will grow larger and larger. He needs to change it up; he is getting ultra limited play form his FB, no creativity in midfield, and toothless in attack. 

It is getting to the point of insanity, trying the same things and expecting different result. He simply has to change things. 

30 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Sarri about pulisic:

‘I don’t know. I’m not in charge of the market so it’s very difficult to speak about the market or the Pulisic deal. The board know my opinion. I think we need something different for characteristics

Wtf?!

lol...I hope that's just Sarri's English..

if not...meh...don't know what to make of that. At least that's a headache only for the next season.

8 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I don't think that is the issue at all, Guardiola is the poster boy for idealistic football, he is nowhere near as stubborn as Sarri is showing. Pep can change his formation, will drop players and mix it up. The issue is not a lack of plan B, in fact the way he played against City shows that he is pragmatic to that end to get results. 

The issue with Sarri is his persistence of playing the same underperforming players, for example not sure what Plan A that shithead Alonso fits into; really poor on both ends of the football. He treats him like a untouchable player and a club legend. We have the fewest goals of the top six and they way we are playing that will grow larger and larger. He needs to change it up; he is getting ultra limited play form his FB, no creativity in midfield, and toothless in attack. 

It is getting to the point of insanity, trying the same things and expecting different result. He simply has change things. 

Fewest goals scored in the top 6...SMH at that stat.

We were scoring for fun at the start of this season, averaging nearly 2 goals a game.

Now its all dried up.

This is the full quote from BBC

“I didn’t know anything about [signing] Pulisic yesterday," Sarri told the BBC following Chelsea's 0-0 draw with Southampton on Wednesday. 

"They asked my opinion about him one month ago. My opinion was positive and today I knew that the deal is done but I didn’t know anything."

The Italian reiterated that he doesn't involve himself in the club's transfer business much, instead focusing on matters taking place on the pitch. 

“I am not in charge of the market so I have to tend to my matches and play every three days. I can only say my opinion to the club," Sarri said.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Shit, that's not good.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

He was talking about strikers bud

The Italian suggested his preference was to recruit a new striker, but given Chelsea’s board, chiefly director Marina Granovskaia, are responsible for transfers, it is by no means certain Sarri’s wish will be granted.

He added: “The club knows very well my opinion. I think we need something different for characteristics.

“I’m not in charge of the market. I have to try to improve my players, my team, my offensive phase, or better my offensive phase in the last 20 metres.

“The club knows my position, my opinion. It’s up to the board.”

We have heard several times that Sarri isn't interested in the comings and goings in the transfer windows yet he stresses that THE CLUB KNOWS MY OPINION.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Chelsea and Faith don't go along together.

Nor does the word CAREFREE but we keep singing it.

Its not the Sarri system thats at fault its the players we have trying to implement it IMHO of course.

IF we grew some gonads or got a blinkin DOF that knew his job we would have shifted the pile of firewood we have and put the money to good use.

Cause right bow we dont have 1 player we can count on to get near the goal. So when Eden has no influence - for whatever reasons -- nd we come up against these awkward type of gits we just don't have a clue WTF to do,

Its great the club still wants and has the ability to dig deep when SOMEONE who makes the decisions, whoever the fuck it is, wants a player that we will pay up for them/ Its time to start re building us a team who will play together and actually compete and dominate again for years to come.

Apart from contract renewals we need at least 4 upgrades. I pray to whichever god thats real and wants to listen that we get them.

7 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Sarri about pulisic:

Wtf?!

Why did you post a quote without context and a quote combined of two different things?! :doh:

Here's his full quotes on Pulisic...

http://global.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3741878/chelseas-sarri-unaware-of-pulisic-deal-i-didnt-know-anything-until-yesterday

Speaking after Wednesday's goalless draw against Southampton, Sarri said the club asked his opinion of Pulisic a month ago and he signalled his approval of the winger, but he did not ask to be kept updated on negotiations.

"I didn't know anything about [Chelsea signing] Christian Pulisic yesterday," Sarri told BBC Sport after the game. "The club asked my opinion about him one month ago and my opinion was positive and I knew the deal was done [today] but I didn't know anything. I'm not in charge of the market.

"We have to play every three days so I cannot think of next year, I have to think about the next match."

Asked if he would rather have Pulisic now in light of his current squad situation, Sarri replied: "I don't know. I'm not in charge of the market, so for me it's very difficult to speak about the market or the deal of Pulisic. The board knows very well my opinion.

He was talking about our strikers when he said "I think we need something different for characteristics".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-6549955/Chelsea-boss-Maurizio-Sarri-hints-January-striker-move.html

The Italian suggested his preference was to recruit a new striker, but given Chelsea’s board, chiefly director Marina Granovskaia, are responsible for transfers, it is by no means certain Sarri’s wish will be granted.

He added: “The club knows very well my opinion. I think we need something different for characteristics.

“I’m not in charge of the market. I have to try to improve my players, my team, my offensive phase, or better my offensive phase in the last 20 metres.

“The club knows my position, my opinion. It’s up to the board.”

42 minutes ago, DDA said:

The circus continues! 

LOL More like The Magic Roundabout  (A Brit kids show - not for kids full of bribery,coruption,sexual innuendos lol Theres this character Ermitrude who was a pink cow who ate poppies!)

And like Zebedee would say ''Time for bed!'

41 minutes ago, Mana said:

I know I have slipped when it comes to judging Sarri, but I'm going to remain judging that he's a spineless tippy-tappy, BTEC Pochettino coach until the window closes. If he has any kind of anger on what is happening with the club, he will do stand up to the board and ask for players that can play ball.

No, Pulisic isn't one of the answers as he's not here 'til next season. We need fixes now.

We cannot afford another season in the EL, and any slim chance of Hazard staying will bite the dust if we fail.

Well he kinda just did in his post match press conference. Said that we need a new player in January. "The club knows my position, my opinion...".

We should have won this game, and pretty much all the other small games where we have drawed or lost. Had enough opportunities, but for example Hazard wasted a golden chance.

23 minutes ago, Mana said:

But that could also mean we don't need anybody in January. He had hinted many times before about that.

Should've, could've, would've. But we didn't.

We have enough opportunities, but our shite forwards couldn't finish it. Hazard had a poor to average game, but FFS we shouldn't be reliant on him all the time. This really scares me because if Hazard goes, we are suddenly a mid-table side. Real talk.

I agree. What I am trying to say is that the system is not the problem in my opinion. We had goalscoring opportunities, and if we had anyone capable of long shots we would have even more.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The first derision's of 'what I want' and 'what they want' have started, this is the cycle again folks.

And this is the problem so many times.. I remember Jose saying out and then everyone thought he'd leave because of it. We're not good enough though! Cant expect 4th if the players to get it aren't at the club. 

Imo, if we have Diego Costa right now instead of Morata we will be talking about completely different team. We have no goal getter in this team beside hazard. Plus we need another creator, I honestly thought Kovacic is going to be that guy, clearly he is not. 

4 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

The fan base is starting to slowly turn in on him. I don't remember any recent Chelsea manager being this much hated on early in his turner. Even Scolari and AVB only lost the fan base towards the end

Hated where exactly? Most comments I've seen have been about hatred towards Willian and Alonso and the necessity to get new players in January and next summer

Just now, !Hazard! said:

Hated where exactly? Most comments I've seen have been about hatred towards Willian and Alonso and the necessity to get new players in January and next summer

Go on Twitter right now, people have started questioning him. He was also booed off at full time yesterday