Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

I love this Italian connection with the club. Really really lot of Italians made their mark at the club. It always seems to me when Chelsea gets down, some Italian guy will come to rescue.

EDIT: And also, because of our Italian history, they are always tempted to come here. That is really great thing to have, they are huge footballing nation.

53 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Sarri has got a certain calm coolness about him

I normally love people,players,managers that are full of passion. Conte had it and Mou was full of ..it.

but I read that Sarri hardly shows emotions.

When his teams have a big win or a big loss he stays on a steady keel.

This will make a change but its one that might help him allot with the board and media.

14 hours ago, Tomo said:

The vibe im getting with Sarri is he REALLY wants this job and this is the pinnacle and reward of all the hard work he's put in during his life, all the pictures released he's grinning like a Cheshire cat.I also feel this could be a fruitful partnership as we have something the other wants, we want the football he offers and he wants trophy's, we have a winning mentality running through the club that gives him a high chance.

Oh please, Tomo. You'll be the first calling for his dismissal when things go sour, haha.

He's got my support because I like his brand of football but I give him two years max.

I'd love to be completely wrong on this but I know how things work at Chelsea. 

3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Oh please, Tomo. You'll be the first calling for his dismissal when things go sour, haha.

He's got my support because I like his brand of football but I give him two years max.

I'd love to be completely wrong on this but I know how things work at Chelsea. 

Define sour? if he has us fighting relegation or gets repeatedly outsmarted by mediocre managers then ok, however if I believe he was getting close to the best out of what he has then ill be fine.

That interview is good, his English is also quite good, a lot better than I expected. Zola as well as an assistant gives him a huge helping too because he instantly commands respect from the squad for his history as a player as well as can help out with instructions if he struggles.

I think with such a short pre-season and also the huge difference in philosophy to Conte he will need time at the start of the season to get everything in place like what originally happened with him at Napoli as well but from that interview the way he talks about how the fans, players and himself enjoying "his football" as opposed to going out at all costs to win no matter what is a breath of fresh air, actually similarly to AVB at the start, fair enough he also mentioned winning but very briefly although he will be under that pressure to try and be very competitive in the league cups but I dont think there is any illusions Roman will want to win something major regardless of how the team plays but I think Sarri will have less pressure than the likes of Jose, Carlo, Conte and whoever else because he is the guy who can deliver what the club have wanted in terms of style since Pep burst on the scene. The progression of his career from 5 years ago in Serie B to where he is now is also something hes obviously very proud of and rightly so I think he will be extremely motivated to prove he is worthy of being here.

I must admit this is the most excited I've been in a long time regarding Chelsea and even if we win fuck all this season we will probably be one of the best teams to watch in Europe 100% (people will respect that as opposed to criticise our football as usual haha). I like it when we win too before anybody accuses me of being an Arsenal fan making a statement like that about good football and not winning fuck all haha. 

Nathaniel Chalobah dishes on the greatness and madness of Sarri from his year at Napoli

Sarri is everything we thought he was. And more. Let’s get this show running!

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/7/17/17579856/chalobah-on-his-year-at-napoli-under-sarri-the-coach-who-was-the-biggest-turning-point-of-my-career

Complete interview

13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Nathaniel Chalobah dishes on the greatness and madness of Sarri from his year at Napoli

Sarri is everything we thought he was. And more. Let’s get this show running!

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/7/17/17579856/chalobah-on-his-year-at-napoli-under-sarri-the-coach-who-was-the-biggest-turning-point-of-my-career

Complete interview

Bro, stop trying to gazump me!!!!

1 post too late again, my friend. :D

Your's is nicer though.  I'll edit mine.