Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

We would have to epically collapse to let United back in and i can't see Arsenal doing enough either, i would say them both winning (or fluking in United's case) the European competitions with us in 4th is a bigger danger to our CL place than either overhauling us.

If we lose to Arsenal be 2 point gap.. If it stays how it is at the moment . If we let man u back however.... There's no excuse for that! 

The true worth of Chelsea's squad as Sarri assesses his options ahead of January transfer window

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/chelsea-transfer-news-latest-giroud-15614010

Chelsea fans will have their fingers crossed for some new arrivals at Stamford Bridge with the January transfer window set to open in a matter of hours.

The Blues added to their squad back in the summer with the big-money signings of Kepa Arrizabalaga and Jorginho, while Mateo Kovacic arrived on a season-long loan deal from Real Madrid.

Amid problems upfront for Chelsea with Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud both struggling to find the net on a regular basis, a new striker could be an option for the team over the next few weeks.

However, it's always tricky doing business in January with many clubs reluctant to sell their players, thus seeing many teams paying well over the odds to bring in a new player.

But what about the value of the squad that Sarri already has at his disposal in west London?

Goalkeepers

Kepa Arrizabalaga - £49m

snip

Chelsea Sarrismo part one: Do the keepers and defense get it?

https://theprideoflondon.com/2019/01/01/chelsea-sarrismo-part-one-keepers-defense-get/

Several months in and there is still some confusion as to whether Chelsea understands Sarrismo. Do the keepers and defense know their roles in it?

A half season in and some players seem to truly understand their role in Sarrismo while others are playing a totally different setup. Of the players with 500 or more minutes (plus some special mentions), who understands their role in Sarrismo? Who is ideal for their role? And what is the way forward for them?

Keeper’s role in Sarrismo

The keeper’s first job will always be to stop goals. That is true for any keeper on any team at any level anywhere in the world. Offensively, they have the additional role of being a back pass option while building from the back. They also may be asked to launch it long and accurately to start a faster attack.

Kepa Arrizabalaga

Does he understand?: Yes, Arrizabalaga understands his place in Sarrismo. Of course, he was pretty much handpicked by the club for that very purpose.

Is he ideal?: Again, yes. Alisson may have been a more complete product, but Arrizabalaga has very quickly and easily grown into the role.

What is the way forward?: Keep doing what he is doing. Many expected a lot out of Arrizabalaga for his price tag, and he has lived up to it. Bar any sudden regression, he is the easy choice between the sticks for the foreseeable future.

Special mention: Willy Caballero..................

snip

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Chelsea wins come first?

Roflmaoooo

So why are Alonso and Willian trotted out on the field almost every bloody game?

I don't buy that for a minute.

I think Sarri should stop what he is smoking...and give Odoi run of games...Odoi should wait while Alonso Willian and Morata keep bringing us a million miles backward as a team...Sarri Sarri Sarri drop that bullshit you are smoking and play quality talents or players ahead of piss poor players like Willian and Alonso...

Sometimes it feels as though someone else inside the club is managing the team and the manager is just the puppet. We have had different managers and yet they all just seem to keep on doing the same things! Why do we even change managers if they aren't bringing fresh approaches or doing things differently? 

5 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

I think Sarri should stop what he is smoking...and give Odoi run of games...Odoi should wait while Alonso Willian and Morata keep bringing us a million miles backward as a team...Sarri Sarri Sarri drop that bullshit you are smoking and play quality talents or players ahead of piss poor players like Willian and Alonso...

If a team meets our £40m valuation, he is gone, maybe even a split between the £20m offered and our £40m, say £30 to £35m. I highly doubt at that price there will be a buy back clause (especially if it is Bayern as opposed to Borussia Dortmund), or if there is one inserted, it will be insanely high, say £80m or up.:(

Finally, I can but take so much more of these articles that keep saying that CHO and Pulisic will be competing against each other for time when it is clear that CHO is by far more effective on the LW, and Pulisic has always played the vast majority of his career at RW.

This year Pulisic has played 18 games so far, 1024 minutes. ONE MINUTE at LW, when he was an 89th minute sub at Werder Bremen on December 15th. He has one league goal, 3 in total, with other 2 coming against Brugge in the CL and then 2nd division Union Berlin (and that was in 120 minutes played)

In the last 3 years he has played 12 games at LW, most of it in 2017, when Dortmund had injuries and he had a run there for a bit. As a 17yo he also had a run, almost always as a sub, at LW, but since then has (other than that injury forced stretch last season in November and December 2017) been a RW'er.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sometimes it feels as though someone else inside the club is managing the team and the manager is just the puppet. We have had different managers and yet they all just seem to keep on doing the same things! Why do we even change managers if they aren't bringing fresh approaches or doing things differently? 

Sarri played a totally veteran team at Napoli and he doesnt like to play youth.

Last year the only under-24yo players who got any time in league games were Amadou Diawara (18 league games, 642 minutes or equivalent of just 7 full games) and Marko Rog, with his total minutes in Serie A at only 251 (equivalent of  2.75 full games)

He played a 36yo RB, Christian Maggio over 1100 minutes in all comps, a 33yo Emanuele Giaccherini in five games in MF before selling him (he had over 1000 minutes total all season), and 30-somethings Hamsik, Albiol, Mertens and Callejon were all regular starters.

He plays five 30yo's or older with us now, plus Azpi will be 30 in the summer.

RLC and Christensen are the only sub 24yo's who get a sniff of League play (and AC hardly at all, ONE game) RLC has had only one EPL start and only 273  league minutes en toto.

Leopards don't change spots:(

39 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Sarri played a totally veteran team at Napoli and he doesnt like to play youth.

He did at Empoli while Napoli have one of the worst academy's in the top level, can we wait more than 6 months before declaring doomsday?

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

If a team meets our £40m valuation, he is gone, maybe even a split between the £20m offered and our £40m, say £30 to £35m. I highly doubt at that price there will be a buy back clause (especially if it is Bayern as opposed to Borussia Dortmund), or if there is one inserted, it will be insanely high, say £80m or up.:(

Finally, I can but take so much more of these articles that keep saying that CHO and Pulisic will be competing against each other for time when it is clear that CHO is by far more effective on the LW, and Pulisic has always played the vast majority of his career at RW.

This year Pulisic has played 18 games so far, 1024 minutes. ONE MINUTE at LW, when he was an 89th minute sub at Werder Bremen on December 15th. He has one league goal, 3 in total, with other 2 coming against Brugge in the CL and then 2nd division Union Berlin (and that was in 120 minutes played)

In the last 3 years he has played 12 games at LW, most of it in 2017, when Dortmund had injuries and he had a run there for a bit. As a 17yo he also had a run, almost always as a sub, at LW, but since then has (other than that injury forced stretch last season in November and December 2017) been a RW'er.

Selling CHO would be tragedy of Roman Era...thought we rejected Bayern initial offer... I don't think the club is fucking crazy to do that...just angry at Sarri the way he is handling CHO case had it been we had quality players ahead of him...I wouldn't even bother but ffs the only quality ahead of CHO and that's our best player is Hazard...Pedro better but not consistent due to age...the rest attacker are abysmally piss poor...

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He did at Empoli while Napoli have one of the worst academy's in the top level, can we wait more than 6 months before declaring doomsday?

Where did I declare doomsday?

I do think we will loose CHO. Just hope we get a buyback clause. That is as close to doomsday as I got. A lot of that IS on Sarri. With Hazard as a false nine, it is outrageous CHO doesn't get some starts at his true LW position.

And many of those 30 something's will be gone next year, Cesc, Luiz, Cahill for sure, hopefully Giroud and REALLY hopefully Willian.

We simply cannot replace them with more 30 somethings. 

The most annoying and frustrating thing is, if he does go, is the fact he hasn't been given a fair crack. Yet we have allowed many many chances to massive under performers like Morata, Alonso, Willian to name a few.

I'm not annoyed because I can't control it, it's what this club do.

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

We took a gamble with Sarri. A coach that has never won titles. He is like a BTEC Pochettino. 

If we fail to get top 4, especially when it’s OURS TO LOSE, I’m done. This is not the title race, this is top 4. Chelsea cannot be in the EL AGAIN. 

I am starting to incline to Mourinho's Man United approach 2 years ago where he completely ditched the League towards to end and focused solely on winning the EL. A massive gamble though. We will not achieve the Champions League by finishing 4th I am afraid. Our super start is saving us so far but that won't last long.