test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,539 posts in this topic

Yes...soon all our starting 11 will get burn out...So rigid and stubborn...this is premier league...you can't always have your way try and have back up plan and please refrain from playing Alonso Willian over and over again...find another plan to break down 9 men behind the ball

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think we will still get 4th because Arsenal are even worse and United's new manager bounce will wear off.

Funnily enough i think our defense will be what gets us there, that's one aspect right now that's coming on nicely, Palace and Saints barely got a sniff last two games.

If we drop points against Newcastle then we're in troublen especially with Arsenal afterwards. Which with our luck.. 

Thing is even if we get top 4..unless we spend in summer what's the point. Be out so quick way we're playing. 

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Yeah, something like 'make sure you perform the plan A better next time'. Well, it is getting worse and worse and I have not seen a single attempt to change it. Not a single attempt.

It's clear that the players we have got right now isn't suited to his tactics. The last 10-15 games have proven it. So why hasn't Sarri changed anything? So why Sarri hasn't tried to maximize what he's got now first? He said results come first for him Chelsea. So, why isn't he trying to make sure we get them?

And oh, this isn't even without mentioning his reluctance to rotate players. He's been going full strength in almost every game, has always selected his favorites and now, we're suffering injuries everywhere!

kellzfresh, Bosnian Blue and Vesper like this

Just now, Jason said:

It's clear that the players we have got right now isn't suited to his tactics. The last 10-15 games have proven it. So why hasn't Sarri changed anything? So why Sarri hasn't tried to maximize what he's got now first? He said results come first for him Chelsea. So, why isn't he trying to make sure we get them?

He has no plan B.

Get him a REAL DEAL CF or Manure and Arse will pass us up.

It is not rocket science

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He has no plan B.

Get him a REAL DEAL CF or Manure and Arse will pass us up.

It is not rocket science

Even at that...there are going to be lots of games similar to the one we experienced today where opponents only care about defending...he should try and figure out how to break packed defence...

the problems are many
 - the players are not good enough, now i don't do the analysis of everyone. 
- Sarri has just one ideal of football, he doesn't know other tattics or turnover, play young etc..
- But all of this derive from years from board and Roman, who are complete shit! don't know how to make a long term plan! how to investite! I hope Ratcliffe or others buy the club as soon as possible!
Roman and all his men have been great for a decade, but in last 4-5 years is a disgrace!

Irakozium257 and Vesper like this

3 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

We have AVB 2.0 in charge right now. 

Sarri just said that a month ago he didnt even really knew who Pulisic was in terms of buying him.

WTF

7 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

the problems are many
 - the players are not good enough, now i don't do the analysis of everyone. 
- Sarri has just one ideal of football, he doesn't know other tattics or turnover, play young etc..
- But all of this derive from years from board and Roman, who are complete shit! don't know how to make a long term plan! how to investite! I hope Ratcliffe or others buy the club as soon as possible!
Roman and all his men have been great for a decade, but in last 4-5 years is a disgrace!

TRUTH!

blues.bridge likes this

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Sarri just said that a month ago he didnt even really knew who Pulisic was in terms of buying him.

WTF

you expect him to know every player to the smallest details or what. 

i think he has biggest problems atm

19 minutes ago, Mana said:

Sarri better press the board to get new attacking players. He has to.

I don't think Sarri is like Mourinho or Conte who will press the board for transfers. He seems like the kind of manager who will just accept what he's got. Aurelio De Laurentiis recently mentioned that he didn't want to know about signings at Napoli. If he's like that, then he definitely won't take on the board, never mind trying to take control of transfers.

OneMoSalah and Fernando like this

His arrogance and lack of rotation has cost us 10 points this season. What's Jorginho, Alonso and Willian doing starting and finishing 3 games in 6 days?? Of course they are fatigued and getting injured

10 minutes ago, whats happening said:

you expect him to know every player to the smallest details or what. 

i think he has biggest problems atm

Sorry, but YES (at Pulisic level FFS)

give me a break

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

WTF

Has he actually said this? I haven't heard the presser but from what I've read he made comment that he didn't know the transfer was even happening yesterday but a month ago he was asked his opinion on Pulisic and he gave a positive response.

6 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Has he actually said this? I haven't heard the presser but from what I've read he made comment that he didn't know the transfer was even happening yesterday but a month ago he was asked his opinion on Pulisic and he gave a positive response.

yep

Mana likes this

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yikes!! We've got a coach who's indifferent to how much the board acts. FFS, Guardiola and Klopp get treated like princesses by being given the freedom and the means to sculpt the shape of the squad and we have a frea**ng yes man doormat.

The future's not looking bright. It really isn't. We truly, deeply need a new owner who's got the passion, the flame to take us to new heights. We've stagnated so badly with this current pathetic board.

blues.bridge likes this

There are no doubt some issues under Sarri at the moment. The reluctance to rotate, and trust other players (especially some of the younger lads) is frustrating.

I'm not sure I agree completely with the lack of a plan B. City don't have a plan B offensively but they are far better at their plan A. They also have a lot more options to choose from, rotate, bring off the bench. Sarri showed at home to City that he is prepared to change to get the result when playing a team on paper stronger than us. But we shouldn't be needing a plan B at home to the likes of Leicester and Southampton, and I don't see much he can change from an attacking perspective when we have no alternatives on the bench at present.

Where I do pity Sarri and feel he was dealt a harsh hand was the pre-season. From the delay being able to get him in, to going on tour and then our players being drip-fed back from the world cup, it was always going to be an uphill task to get him in and have good time to train and work with our players, and time to identify where we could potentially improve with transfers. Conte at least had no european football so had much more time to work on his tactics and philosophy. Sarri hasn't had any proper time since he arrived which was criminally not considered enough by the board when trying to change our style of play so drastically with a set of players who for some, had played the last 5 years under Mourinho and Conte.

I do think he needs time, and deserves a proper summer with the ability to get rid of a couple and bring a couple of players in more suited to his needs, and work tactically with some of these players. But for him to get that, he also needs to make a couple of changes himself.

kc_blue, !Hazard! and Fernando like this