Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

But dont you think Mat Kova can do that job?

Kovacic is not an AMF

he IS, however, tailor-made for Kante's position

so is Barella

Sarri's 4 3 3 is never going to be a correct fit for Kante

that is not heresy

it's the truth

Kante is the worlds best destroyer DMF

no other player is remotely close to him at that role

it is a waste and unfair to play him elsewhere

3 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I'm sorry he has to go. We have been here before 

Embarrassing. The guys had 6 months. I hope nobody expected us to be the finished article in 6 months. He needs a January and another summer window to shape the squad more.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Embarrassing. The guys had 6 months. I hope nobody expected us to be the finished article in 6 months. He needs a January and another summer window to shape the squad more.

The board really does need to back him big time in the next two windows. That thought terrifies me, lolol.

14 minutes ago, communicate said:

Am I the only one who think that Sarri has a done a wonderful job with this team ???

He inherited a Conte/Mou team and try to change it into a more possession based and attacking team. The fact that we are 4th surprise me.

This is far more difficult job compare to Klopp or Guardiola. Klopp inherited an offensive team from Brendan Rodgers, the same with Guardiola from Pellegrini.

I am all for giving the guy the backup and freedom to build the team.

What we really must remember is Pep/Klopp have both been in for 2/3 years and have had 5 & 7 transfer windows to set up what they have now. They didn't do it overnight.

OK I question some team selections but thats why I'm not a manager.

We have shown at time we can and have beaten them both which I doubt many here would have thunk the end of last season.

I do question our players personalities. They seem to find it hard to get into a higher gear when needed. They lose concentration pretty easy. Theres no intensity. Whether thats because of the training practices and having too much fun and not being serious enough. I dunno. But they do seem to lack that motivation of sorts.

All Sarri can do is select the best team HE THINKS will do the job. Nobody could say he wouldn't do that. So once on the pitch its up to the lads to do their jobs.;

I just hope our board buy into what we have started and buys us some GOOD starters to upgrade a few that needs doing. And not a pile of driftwood to stick on top of the deadwood we already have.

That's the problem. Lately we've seemed to have signed players who don't need or have no impact. Maybe just to say look we've made signing.. They need to spend.. And not drag it out till another club comes in and gets the job done 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

That's the problem. Lately we've seemed to have signed players who don't need or have no impact. Maybe just to say look we've made signing.. They need to spend.. And not drag it out till another club comes in and gets the job done 

Actually our last 3 summer has been 2 ok, one disaster. 3 summer ago we signed Luiz, Alonso and Kante. They are still starter. Last summer we signed kepa, kova and jorginho. Three starters. The problem is two summer ago we had disastrous summer (most of us knew it after the window shut) Zappacosta, bakayoko, drinkwater and Morata. One backup rb, two midfielders who won't be here and one questionable striker. 

12 minutes ago, communicate said:

Actually our last 3 summer has been 2 ok, one disaster. 3 summer ago we signed Luiz, Alonso and Kante. They are still starter. Last summer we signed kepa, kova and jorginho. Three starters. The problem is two summer ago we had disastrous summer (most of us knew it after the window shut) Zappacosta, bakayoko, drinkwater and Morata. One backup rb, two midfielders who won't be here and one questionable striker. 

And great year the one before that. We got into the barket quick and knew what we wanted. Came out with Diego,Cescy,Filipe Luis,Remy,Pasalic and Drogs on the Free.

Lets hope we have a great winter and summer coming up.

:-P I'm optomstic for this window.. Before it opens hahaha. See what happens after and near the end.

Not that winter can be amazing.. Summer is where its at. I don't think they'll be daft enough to sack him if things don't go the way they want this sooooo hopefully all his to do 

10 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

:-P I'm optomstic for this window.. Before it opens hahaha. See what happens after and near the end.

Not that winter can be amazing.. Summer is where its at. I don't think they'll be daft enough to sack him if things don't go the way they want this sooooo hopefully all his to do 

You would think that a good DOF would have already touched base with our targets, come to agreements and just waiting for the market to open like we did when Diego and Cescy came - And the wee baldy man!

Ohhh wait!

We don;t have a bloody DOF!!! Bugga!

21 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Some time on the training pitch would be nice too.  We've been playing twice a week since October.  

One thing i have noticed this season is i can in the main suss out what type of game we will be playing within the first ten minutes. The last two matches for example, i knew from the early play Leicester was going to be a massive struggle but i was not overly concerned at any point at Vicarage Road even after the equalizer, i felt we had control and would grind them down, which we did.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

One thing i have noticed this season is i can in the main suss out what type of game we will be playing within the first ten minutes. The last two matches for example, i knew from the early play Leicester was going to be a massive struggle but i was not overly concerned at any point at Vicarage Road even after the equalizer, i felt we had control and would grind them down, which we did.

So you knew how the Shitty game would turn out?

You have to pick me out some lottery numbers then cause I thought we were fucked!

23 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So you knew how the Shitty game would turn out?

You have to pick me out some lottery numbers then cause I thought we were fucked!

I cannot figure us out for shit. Every game is a crap shoot. That Leicester game just gutted me. Those fucking sitters missed! Same for Wolves. Finally that wondergoal from Sturridge.

The spuds game was brutal to take, but we were simply outclassed.