Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's all good saying that we need to back Sarri in the transfer market but you gotta ask, is he giving good reasons for us to do so? I mean, six months into his reign as our manager and we have barely seen the kind of football that he became known for at Napoli. Granted, I'd agree that we have some very average players in the team right now but given that he has had SIX months, shouldn't we be seeing the attacking football, the fluid movement in attacks etc at the very least, even just a tiny bit here and there? We do have some very average players but these are not players from the Conference. They are still decent enough to be playing/executing some kind of attacking football at the very least. But nope, the only major trait we've seen here from Sarri's Napoli side is us dominating possession but very little penetration. There have been times when it felt like Mourinho or Conte was still in charge because the football wasn't very much different at all.

Also, Sarri is so rigid with his formation and player selection for certain position. It's 4-3-3 or nothing. It's Jorginho or Fabregas as the deepest midfielder, it's Kovacic or Barkley or Loftus-Cheek as the left center-midfielder. Hell, Sarri has even thrown Loftus-Cheek out wide just to accommodate Kovacic or Barkley in that midfield role. Even Guardiola - arguably the best manager right now at possession/attacking football - is flexible and adaptable enough to change formation from time to time and switch players around within the formation. With Sarri, it's so rigid that it's becoming probably predictable and easy for opponents to deal with us. It also doesn't help that Sarri has been channeling his inner-Mourinho and persisting with players who's out of form etc. 

And oh, Sarri said after today's game that he doesn't understand why we keep on reacting badly to conceding goals. He's been saying that a lot recently and it's a concern when you keep on hearing your manager say that and no closer to finding out the exact problem...

Im dissapointed so far, but tbh Sarriball will take at least two seasons to crack in. Hopefuly people didnt expect Napoli style in 6 months.

Question is will the board be patient so long? 

Second thing is that the players look like they dont give a flying fuck since City and pool ran away by couple points.

Third thing is we do have good ball retention under pressure at the back which is definately Sarri work.

That said, Sarri has to solve many issues.

Drop Willian and Alonso for one. If he believes we dont have anyone in current team to replace them, fair play, then we gotta buy. But hopefuly he doesnt think those two are good enough ffs.

Get proper striker or false 9 and put Eden back in his lw spot.

Either sort out Jorginho and Kante or bench one of them (absolute stupidity to do so with such players, but its just not working atm).

Long term, CB and midfielder because Kovacic absolutely isnt good enough for his role. He is cool with his passing and has decent workrate, but end product is not acceptable and it also effects Jorginho who is always marked since Kovacic cant get away with ball to drag players on him.

Just now, Jason said:

It's all good saying that we need to back Sarri in the transfer market but you gotta ask, is he giving good reasons for us to do so? I mean, six months into his reign as our manager and we have barely seen the kind of football that he became known for at Napoli. Granted, I'd agree that we have some very average players in the team right now but given that he has had SIX months, shouldn't we be seeing the attacking football, the fluid movement in attacks etc at the very least, even just a tiny bit here and there? We do have some very average players but these are not players from the Conference. They are still decent enough to be playing/executing some kind of attacking football at the very least. But nope, the only major trait we've seen here from Sarri's Napoli side is us dominating possession but very little penetration. There have been times when it felt like Mourinho or Conte was still in charge because the football wasn't very much different at all.

Also, Sarri is so rigid with his formation and player selection for certain position. It's 4-3-3 or nothing. It's Jorginho or Fabregas as the deepest midfielder, it's Kovacic or Barkley or Loftus-Cheek as the left center-midfielder. Hell, Sarri has even thrown Loftus-Cheek out wide just to accommodate Kovacic or Barkley in that midfield role. Even Guardiola - arguably the best manager right now at possession/attacking football - is flexible and adaptable enough to change formation from time to time and switch players around within the formation. With Sarri, it's so rigid that it's becoming probably predictable and easy for opponents to deal with us. 

And oh, Sarri said after today's game that he doesn't understand why we keep on reacting badly to conceding goals. He's been saying that a lot recently and it's a concern when you keep on hearing your manager say that and no closer to finding out the exact problem...

Honestly, I think the players we have just don't give a fuck.

They sleepwalk through matches. 

There is no pride or passion. Absolutely fuck all from any of them. You get glipses from Azpi, Eden and sometiems Luiz. The rest are a bunch of mercenaries. 

Sarri is not helping the situation mind. Starting Alonso week in, week out is mind boggling but to start Willian over CHO is a fucking disgrace. I don't give a flying fuck if Willian defends better, his first and foremost purpose it to attack which he is hopeless at doing. 

He is making best of the striker situation. We simply don't have one so he can't be blamed for that. 

Just now, DDA said:

Honestly, I think the players we have just don't give a fuck.

They sleepwalk through matches. 

There is no pride or passion. Absolutely fuck all from any of them. You get glipses from Azpi, Eden and sometiems Luiz. The rest are a bunch of mercenaries. 

Sarri is not helping the situation mind. Starting Alonso week in, week out is mind boggling but to start Willian over CHO is a fucking disgrace. I don't give a flying fuck if Willian defends better, his first and foremost purpose it to attack which he is hopeless at doing. 

He is making best of the striker situation. We simply don't have one so he can't be blamed for that. 

Why did you just post the same thing? :lol: 

9 minutes ago, manpe said:

I do have one issue with him though, and it's the fact that he always makes like-for-like subs when losing, and it expectedly has minimal to no positive effect. It's still the same formation and shape that gave the opposition the lead and the one they have had no problems containing. Throw in more attackers, mix and change things up, surprise them and make them adjust. For all of Jose's and Conte's faults, at least in desperate times during games they played two strikers and threw everything they had at them... Sarri just seems too scared or too stubborn to do that. For example there was no point in keeping Kante on when chasing the game, overall he was quite wank anyway. I was hoping he'd bring on Cesc for Kante, but no, yet another like-for-like for Jorginho that changed nothing. I would have liked to see Giroud and RLC up top with Jorgi and Cesc feeding them in the last minutes, maybe it wouldn't have been the best idea since I'm no coach lol, but even I can see that the shape and the ideas need to be changed to break the bus.

Sarri channeling his inner-Benitez on that front.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

It’s games like this that we needed an instinctive striker to win the game.

Because there wasn’t one on the pitch or on the bench, we lost.

There will be more games like this during this season and we will fail to win unless we get someone in January. Simple really.

I mean, I should be fuming like you lot but I couldn’t be asked. I saw this coming since the beginning of the season so I was prepared. If I ranted, it will be the same stuff I said over and over in this thread about Arsenal 2011 and Sarri not lasting here. We just have to hope Spuds lose tomorrow otherwise that 3rd place finish could be gone.

Costa or Drogba would have bailed us out

11 hours ago, Yeboii said:

Anyone calling for Sarri's head has to get theirs checked!!!

He does the same weird mistakes over and oer again, which is very strange.

Playing Willian and Alonso week and week out withoug giving CHO and Emerson a fair chance is so stupid. Sarri just does not see that the most importand thing in footall is the performance you put on the pitch. Players that do not perform, should be benched. But Sarri sees in Willian and Alonso so much potential, I am really clueless why. CHO did not even play on the FA Youth Cup, so he could sit on the bench for 90 minutes to see Willian perform that badly and still not get his chance? What?

A Klopp and Pocchetino would have given CHO a fair chance, but our  managers just lack balls. Only Conte had balls when he dropped Luiz out for Christensen. I just want a coach that values performance over names or experience.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The problem is we don't have many goal scorers. His Napoli team scored lots of goals and we know he wanted a new striker in the summer.

He needs a decentt shot in transfer market, its not like we were great last year and we haven't really brought anyone in.

Bring Tammy back in Jan, can't be any worse than what we have and gives us another option.

Agree bud. Thats the problem. We dont have the different options to turn to so have to swap out and sub like for like players to a large extent. We have no game changers. Add that to the players - ALL the players not able to keep their form and we have the makings of a big problem.

Tho I will say that even without having the greatest football managers mind some team selections and substitutions puzzles me!

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Let's bring back Mourinho! That seems to be the way people want to head. Go full circle again with managers. People forget that Kloop, Pep and Poch didn't have incredible first seasons. We are going to go through rough patches, especially now teams are figuring out our style. Teams figured out City too in Pep's first season, but then it clicked into place and now look at them. People don't think Napoli were the well oiled machine they were when Sarri left, in the first season in charge, do they? It takes time to improve a team.

People are so reactionary and have short memories in football fanbases, it's quite embarrassing. Sarri said weeks ago that this side is a year off Liverpool and City, so what has changed? People are so impatient and think we have a divine right to be challenging for the title every season. People need a reality check, football, especially here in England in the PL, isn't that simple. What I will agree on, is the board need to back Sarri and not expect him to perform miracles with limited players. 

Agree.

I just pray to the football atoms that we do some good business in the transfer window.

Its time to make some big changes.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

He does the same weird mistakes over and oer again, which is very strange.

Playing Willian and Alonso week and week out withoug giving CHO and Emerson a fair chance is so stupid. Sarri just does not see that the most importand thing in footall is the performance you put on the pitch. Players that do not perform, should be benched. But Sarri sees in Willian and Alonso so much potential, I am really clueless why. CHO did not even play on the FA Youth Cup, so he could sit on the bench for 90 minutes to see Willian perform that badly and still not get his chance? What?

A Klopp and Pocchetino would have given CHO a fair chance, but our  managers just lack balls. Only Conte had balls when he dropped Luiz out for Christensen. I just want a coach that values performance over names or experience.

These are mistakes in your opinion, you cannot prove they are mistakes outright. Results > performances, but haven't you heard Sarri talking about performances over and over again? He certainly puts much emphasis on performance, much more than our previous result-oriented managers. Also, if you think that merely playing Emerson and CHO will take us to a new level, then you're just hyping a hypothetical situation because you don't like the current situation. You're speculating with that Pochettino and Klopp statement, you have no way of knowing who they would or would not play, so stop using imaginary scenarios involving other managers to downplay our manager.

I think the fanboys/girls abroad need to chill out and have a bit of faith. Top 4 is the main aim.

IF we buy some nice expensive/coy toys from the shop we could possibly disrupt the top 2. 

Sarri said we needed a few players, Hes not wrong

KTBFFH

Cold hard look at the squad

18 (maybe more) need to go and be upgraded from (including some ones out on loan)

We absolutely need new starters at SIX positions (5 right now) and soon 7 (when Eden leaves, probably on a free in 2020, as I really think we will be banned before summer for 2 years, so obvioulsy cant sell him and will just have to eat the £100m (most we will get this summer) as we will not be able to do a swap deal or buy replacement. I think CHO is insane, as he very likely could be our starting LW as soon as next year (if we DID sell Hazard even with a trans ban) Fuck Sarri cock-blocking CHO,

New starters needed ASAP at

One CB (after Luiz leaves on free in 6 months, and actually even if he stays)

RB,

LB,

AMF (as Kante is struggling in other side and Sarri will never change formation and RLC is not good enough to make up for Jorginho/Kante weakness)

RW

CF

many will be gone this summer anyway due to contract/loans expiring (Luiz, Cahill,, Cesc, Kovacic, Caballero, Green, Giroud)

Only one on here that is borderline (due to potential bans) is Barkley

The rest need to GO GO GO

It is so so fucking sad that only TWO players out of the main squad (Kepa and Rudiger) get the simple Keep, great player, without some caveat attached!!!!!

We keep the deadweight and bad players and keep playing them (some dont play now) we are going mid-table, especial if bans kick in for 2 years and we have not bought upgrades (and Eden and CHO walk or are sold at gunpoint)

I urge all to bookmark this to ridicule me IF I am wrong on these 

None of you will be ridiculing me.

NEED TO GO IN BOLD RED

1    Spain    GK    Kepa Arrizabalaga      Keep, great starter

13   Argentina   GK   Willy Caballero Replace him with a HG of better quality, like Angus Gunn, this is hardly a crucial thing, unless the HG element comes in

31    England    GK    Robert Green  who cares, lolol, Bulka needs to be 3rd or even backup

2    Germany    CB    Antonio Rüdiger     Keep, great starter

30   Brazil   CB   David Luiz He is leaving on a free in 6 months, so WE HAVE to replace him NOW, before possible bans hit

24    England    CB    Gary Cahill  SELL

44    Wales    CB    Ethan Ampadu  Keep, he will be starter when Luiz leaves, if we do not buy a CB to replace Luiz

27    Denmark    CB    Andreas Christensen Keep IF we do not buy more CB's and ban comes in, otherwise, sell if we get a good price

3    Spain    LB    Marcos Alonso SELL, he simply is SHIT, if Sarri keeps trotting him out there, Sarri will be sacked within a year, what a blunder to renew him! Fuck Marina! Unreal we turned down £45m for him from Real!!!

33   Italy    LB    Emerson     Keep for now, as he simply has to start over Alonso, he can be reserve once we buy a legit LB

28    Spain    RB    César Azpilicueta     Keep, but needs to a reserve RB and CB, not up to being our RB, he is far too limited in offence, he is also starting to show age and wear and tear, sorry but it is the brutal truth

21   Italy    RB    Davide Zappacosta SELL, he hates it here, he isn't good enough, Reece James and Ola Aina are better than him anyway

5    Italy    DH DMF    Jorginho    Keep, good, not great, but needed in Sarriball

4    Spain    DH DMF    Cesc Fàbregas SELL, he is a spent force for us, he can still play in Serie A

17   Croatia   CMF   Mateo Kovačić (on loan from Real Madrid) He will leave in summer, I cannot see us buying him for the price they will demand, especially if we are transfer banned, then obviously he is gone

6    England    CMF    Danny Drinkwater Sell (eat some of his bloated wages, just get him the hell out, freeloader, and the board is twice, no 10 times the cunt he is for buying him in first place!)

34   Brazil   MF   Lucas Piazon SELL, no clue why Sarri said keep him, worthless

7    France    Box to Box MF    N'Golo Kanté    Keep, as he will go back to regular DMF slot when Sarri is cashiered, but he is nowhere good enough in his current role

12   England   AMF   Ruben Loftus-Cheek  Keep, I still think he comes good, BUT we need another AMF who is better

8    England    AMF    Ross Barkley  Sell, sorry, he just is never going to be the player we all thought he would be years ago, only keep if we are transfer banned

10    Belgium    LW    Eden Hazard  Keep, BUT, he isnt renewing, so either sell him in the summer OR (if bans come) we are going to have to just let him go on a free in 17 months

20    England    LW    Callum Hudson-Odoi   KEEP, but we will lose him due to Sarri non playing, and when that happens, I hope Sarri is sacked, unless we sell and get a buy-back

22    Brazil    RW    Willian SELL along with Alonso, these 2 CUNTS need to be shipped the fuck out, if Sarri keeps playing them , I hope he IS sacked, as he deserves it, FUCK out board for not taking that £65m from Barca!!! along with De Bruyne and Salah sales the 3 biggest fuck-ups in last 15 years

11    Spain    RW    Pedro  Keep, as a reserve, not good enough to be  starter, ageing quickly

15   Nigeria   RW   Victor Moses  SELL, useless

29   Spain   CF   Álvaro Morata SELL this donkey NOW, cannot believe we turned down £55m for him from AC Milan and told them £70m or no deal! Fuck Marina!

18    France    CF    Olivier Giroud  OUT (contract expire) worthless at thsi point, all those who say he is great with Hazard are just delusional, maybe keep as 3rd CF for emergency

out on loan big players

France    CB    Kurt Zouma (to Everton until 30 June 2019) SELL, he is perma wrecked after knee injury

England    CB    Fikayo Tomori (to Derby County until 30 June 2019)  back-up CB next year or the year after

Ghana    LB    Baba Rahman (to Schalke 04 until 30 June 2019) sell, complete waste of money

Nigeria    RB    Ola Aina (to Torino until 30 June 2019)   Zappacosta replacement, once Reece is starter. Ola shut CR7 down like a bitch in the Turn Derby.

England    RB    Reece James (to Wigan Athletic until 30 June 2019)  needs to start next year part-time, and take over from Azpi full time in 2020

France    DMF    Tiémoué Bakayoko (to Milan until 30 June 2019) SELL he is shit

Brazil    AMF    Kenedy (to Newcastle United until 30 June 2019) SELL, as he clearly isn't going to ever be a starter for us

England    AMF    Mason Mount (to Derby County until 30 June 2019) Keep, work into rotation next year, replacing Barkley

Belgium    AMF    Charly Musonda Jr. (to Vitesse until 30 June 2019) SELL, never was good enough

England    CF    Tammy Abraham (to Aston Villa until 30 June 2019) Keep, maybe can be 3rd CF, if he isnt even capable of that, then sell

Belgium    CF    Michy Batshuayi (to Valencia until 30 June 2019) SELL he is not going to work out

Shoulda done this months ago for 2 strikers!

Maurizio Sarri contemplates bringing in psychologist to get Chelsea back on track

Chelsea suffered a second defeat in four games and fell 11 points behind leaders Liverpool with defeat to Leicester on Saturday

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maurizio-sarri-contemplates-bringing-psychologist-13772867