Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

9 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I don't know what Emerson has done to him to not get a sniff instead of Alonso. Alonso must have his naked pics somewhere

He's even worse, id rather we draft in Zappa and put Azpi LB.

It's the Ivan/Baba situation again, the desperation to see one dropped has led to false illusions about how good the other is.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He's even worse, id rather we draft in Zappa and put Azpi LB.

It's the Ivan/Baba situation again, the desperation to see one dropped has led to false illusions about how good the other is.

I know Emerson is not Alba or anything like that, but I think Sarri should start benching players that have 3-4 straight bad games. Emerson is the only other defender with a left foot and deserves to be giving a chance.

10 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I know Emerson is not Alba or anything like that, but I think Sarri should start benching players that have 3-4 straight bad games. Emerson is the only other defender with a left foot and deserves to be giving a chance.

It's not like he hasn't been given games all be it not in the league, he has the occasional overlap that looks aesthetically pleasing but he's very naive tactically, he looks totally out of sync with the team shape the same way Bosingwa use to be.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

You said Emerson is naive tactically but how is he going to become less naive, how is he going to improve if he is not given more consistent game? He has only been playing the cup games under Sarri and that is like only once or twice per month! He might not be the best LB around but it sure is better giving him a shot to see if he make can better fist of that position than Alonso. Players can improve their tactical ability but certainly not their pace. If Emerson turns out bad, then fine. But if he turns great, then what? You can say Alonso is better than Emerson tactically or whatever, but it doesn't hide the fact that all of those are almost redundant due to his severe lack of pace. Put someone with decent pace against him and we are in trouble and we have seen him getting exploited way too easily in recent times.

The other defenders that play in the cup games aren't the best defenders but have the basics on point, Emerson is all over the place and it's when you're inside the ground and you can keep a close eye on things like that it becomes clear, painfully so infact. The desperation for Alonso to be dropped is leading to even Emerson's shitest games being passed off as good.

I want Alonso upgraded on as much as the next person, but if Emerson is the answer i dread to think of the question.

Just now, Tomo said:

The other defenders that play in the cup games aren't the best defenders but have the basics on point, Emerson is all over the place and it's when you're inside the ground and you can keep a close eye on things like that it becomes clear, painfully so infact.

Emerson isn't great but he isn't as woeful as you're trying to paint him out to be. Again, how do you expect one to properly improve is just 6-7 games over 5 months? How can you properly judge a player based on just 6-7 games in 5 months? Considering he's made the matchday squad for the last two Premier League games, maybe he's gotten better in Sarri's eyes!

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The desperation for Alonso to be dropped is leading to even Emerson's shitest games being passed off as good.

Tomo, you have beaten that bush way too often. You think Emerson isn't good and that's fine but please, do not just assume everyone else thinks Emerson is only because they desperately want to see Alonso dropped. It's just lazy. Others may well see qualities in him that you do not. 

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I want Alonso upgraded on as much as the next person, but if Emerson is the answer i dread to think of the question.

I don't think anyone believes Emerson is the long term answer for us at LB but right now, Alonso is certainly a problem for us in that position and there's nothing wrong with people wanting Sarri to look for solutions, find alternatives rather than persisting with a problem that's showing no signs of going away!

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The desperation for Alonso to be dropped is leading to even Emerson's shitest games being passed off as good.

I agree, so we need to buy an upgrade.

Been catching up on the matches I've missed.

Found this absolutely amazing and it befuddles me why the fuck we can't keep this up!! We don;t seem able to keep our form. We're either shit hot - or just plain shite!!

They did a great job in the 2nd half Vs Shitty and it shows us that we trulyy need to fully back Sarri 100%

This play looks so clean and simple but it was the lads that made it look that way. Amazing work.

21 hours ago, Jason said:

Emerson isn't great but he isn't as woeful as you're trying to paint him out to be. Again, how do you expect one to properly improve is just 6-7 games over 5 months? How can you properly judge a player based on just 6-7 games in 5 months? Considering he's made the matchday squad for the last two Premier League games, maybe he's gotten better in Sarri's eyes!

You're talking as if im expecting prime Ashley Cole, the minimum i ask for in a player is the basics, Zappacosta for example is a fairly ordinary player but gets the basics right, Emerson while naturally gifted is often tactically/positionally looking like a player we randomely plucked from a random low quality league.

21 hours ago, Jason said:

omo, you have beaten that bush way too often. You think Emerson isn't good and that's fine but please, do not just assume everyone else thinks Emerson is only because they desperately want to see Alonso dropped. It's just lazy. Others may well see qualities in him that you do not. 

Okay but i do believe that the want for Marcos to be dropped is leading to exaggerations regarding his performances (which in a way i get because looking back was a bit like that with Meireles because of how much i wanted our at the time stagnant midfield dropped) ,there's been games where i thought he was one of our weakest players yet came on here to read that he's the type of player we have been missing. I think for the most part this forum are quite spot on in an assessment of a player but in my opinion the general consensus with Emerson is well off just like it was with Baba, and the one common ground for both was that they were in competition with a player the fans badly want(ed) to be dropped.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

You're talking as if im expecting prime Ashley Cole, the minimum i ask for in a player is the basics, Zappacosta for example is a fairly ordinary player but gets the basics right, Emerson while naturally gifted is often tactically/ positionally looking like a player we randomely plucked from a random low quality league.

Okay but i do believe that the want for Marcos to be dropped is leading to exaggerations regarding his performances (which in a way i get because looking back was a bit like that with Meireles because of how much i wanted our at the time stagnant midfield dropped) ,there's been games where i thought he was one of our weakest players yet came on here to read that he's the type of player we have been missing. I think for the most part this forum are quite spot on in an assessment of a player but in my opinion the general consensus with Emerson is well off just like it was with Baba, and the one common ground for both was that they were in competition with a player the fans badly want(ed) to be dropped.

we can sort this whole debate...

buy an upgrade LB!

:D

plus CF and RW (Pepe)

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we can sort this whole debate...

buy an upgrade LB!

:D

plus CF and RW (Pepe)

Couple of years ago i would have said try to take advantage of the tension between Rose and Spurs, but his injury has ruined him.

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Couple of years ago i would have said try to take advantage of the tension between Rose and Spurs, but his injury has ruined him.

Plus he is too old, we would get but one sub 30yo season out of him.

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

I don't trust the Poison Dwarf to be telling the entire story there

ADL: 'Sarri too highly-strung'

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis said Maurizio Sarri was “very highly-strung,” especially compared to Carlo Ancelotti, while Sinisa Mihajlovic was “too energetic.”

The patron spoke at a panel set up by Il Corriere di Mezzogiorno and discussed his choice of tacticians.

“I chose Sarri against everyone’s advice. At the time, the city was covered in banners protesting my decision,” insisted ADL.

“He had a way of making himself adored even by the most extreme fringes of the fanbase. He’s an individualist, someone who suffered in the lower leagues on pitches with no grass and the odd stone. He’d also suffer because he tended to be fired after six games.

“Then he had that run from Serie C to Serie A with Empoli and when we lost 4-2 against him, I thought he might be the right man for us.

“I had also wanted Mihajlovic, but he didn’t convince me, as he was too energetic and forced the players to follow him.”

Sarri, now at Chelsea, is famous for his chain-smoking and grumpy demeanour, as well as a fanatical devotion to his work.

“On the other hand, Sarri seemed timid and I discovered he was so dissatisfied with his past (working in finance). For a Communist to base his profession on the evils of money brought him to suffer from a syndrome of dissatisfaction.

“I found Sarri to be very highly-strung. His wife couldn’t even come to the stadium. I used to say to Sarri, who shall we buy? He’d reply that he didn’t want to know anything about it.”

On the other hand, Ancelotti brings a very different vibe to the Stadio San Paolo.

“I’d known Ancelotti for five years, but when we met up, I found a man who was relaxed and content, with a thousand interests you could sit down and talk about, without ever having to discuss football all night.”

De Laurentiis revealed earlier in the panel that he had rejected an offer “worth £95m” for defender Kalidou Koulibaly, believed to be from Manchester United.

He had his own near miss on the transfer market, though.

“I went to Milan in order to talk to Mauro Icardi’s wife. I offered up to €65m, but it didn’t go through. Never mind.”

https://www.football-italia.net/132231/adl-sarri-too-highly-strung