Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

40 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

Those quotes are shocking considering it means he will play an out of form player 3 times in a week because of his height. 

I'm also not a fan of some of his defeatist comments either, that he doesn't know how to defeat Pep and how it's impossible to win City over the course of a season. They may be light-hearted comments, but there is truth behind them and does a struggling unconfident squad need to hear their manager publicly preparing them for loss and kinda admitting he's clueless? I just find it a bit odd.

Jose Mourinho had Filipe Luis (top 7 left-backs at the time) and he still played Ivanović. But this from Sarri is still not very good. He mention set-pieces... What set pieces, who is gonna score those from Man City? They have no tall players...

One thing is for sure to me - if Emerson should have got a chance, it should have been against weaker opposition, regardless of set pieces. With their possession being about  30%, who cares? How many set pieces can they get? Wolves were really the perfect chance to give Emerson the chance.

I like Sarri and his football style/philosophy, but if he insists on playing Alonso because of his height at setpieces, he can feck off. 

What year are we living? 

I mean, I understood Conte or Mou need super solid defence, because 70% of the time, we defended. So their excuses with Iva or anyone else actualy made some sense, albeit outdated. But Sarri is exact opposite, attacking minded manager and he must understand fullbacks quality going forward is more important than being tall to defend setpieces. Take example having lets say Grimaldo who is almost #10 in LB spot would greatly benefit our creativity, ball circulation, width etc. 

Why dont we play 3 defensive mids in middle then? They would surely help defending setpieces and counters better than Jorginho. 

Shit man, sometimes I seriously dont get some managers. They just dig their own grave. 

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Why dont we play 3 defensive mids in middle then? They would surely help defending setpieces

How? Our defensive mids are not tall nor strong. Our only strong players are our CBs and Giroud if he's playing. But I agree, I thought we were past that archaic height and strength fetish and are moving towards modern football. Guess not, fear seems to be clouding Sarri's judgement at the moment considering his reluctance to play youth and persistance with shit players. This also explains why he has no qualms over playing Emerson in games outside EPL fixtures, EPL is surely more physical and demanding, but fuck me are you telling me our team is so weak in set-pieces that we still need to put out Alonso against teams we have 70% possession against, just to defend against a couple of corners/fks they might get? The few set-pieces we'd concede would be compensated by the advantages Emerson would bring in attack.

When are we gonna get a manager who has a set of balls?

18 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11574147/sarri-eyeing-january-signing

Maurizio Sarri says he is keen to bring in a new signing in the January transfer window, but has warned spending money will not solve Chelsea's problems.

Please be a striker. We have every other position covered except striker, where we have only backup quality. Problem being there will probably be nobody of required quality available. Don't think we will buy anyone and it's maybe for the best, we need to sign the right ones, not random stopgaps.

8 minutes ago, manpe said:

We have every other position covered except striker, where we have only backup quality.

I dont think so, lolol

we are so fucked at multiple positions (one CB (asshat Luiz), both fullbacks (sorry but Azpi has been shit on offence and Alonso is SHAMBOLIC, Sarri is the one having blackouts) RW (disaster when that cunt Willian plays, and Pedrois constntly banged up), and even where we have good player (or even great in Kante's case) such as Kovavcic, we are playing both of them out of position or they are back to injuryville (Barkley)

38 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I dont think so, lolol

we are so fucked at multiple positions (one CB (asshat Luiz), both fullbacks (sorry but Azpi has been shit on offence and Alonso is SHAMBOLIC, Sarri is the one having blackouts) RW (disaster when that cunt Willian plays, and Pedrois constntly banged up), and even where we have good player (or even great in Kante's case) such as Kovavcic, we are playing both of them out of position or they are back to injuryville (Barkley)

You know what I mean my sweet lady, Luiz can be replaced by Christensen or Ampadu, Alonso by Emerson, Azpi by Zappa (James when back from loan), RW we have Pedro and CHO. It's Sarri's business that he doesn't utilise those players as much, fact is we have some adequate squad depth in those positions. But at striker we have literally nobody we can take seriously, we can only choose between bad and worse/dumb and dumber. Giroud is okay for backup, Morata okay for kiddie playground games... who else? Nobody. Bats when back from loan? He's shit, not the answer. Tammy Abraham? If we want to sink deep into mid-table obscurity.

Striker is our nr. 1 pressing issue in my not-so-humble opinion.

31 minutes ago, manpe said:

You know what I mean my sweet lady, Luiz can be replaced by Christensen or Ampadu, Alonso by Emerson, Azpi by Zappa (James when back from loan), RW we have Pedro and CHO. It's Sarri's business that he doesn't utilise those players as much, fact is we have some adequate squad depth in those positions. But at striker we have literally nobody we can take seriously, we can only choose between bad and worse/dumb and dumber. Giroud is okay for backup, Morata okay for kiddie playground games... who else? Nobody. Bats when back from loan? He's shit, not the answer. Tammy Abraham? If we want to sink deep into mid-table obscurity.

Striker is our nr. 1 pressing issue in my not-so-humble opinion.

Oh, I agree striker is the worst, but literally ALL those other have to be addressed or there is zero chance we become a top 4 every year team again

especially with Hazard walking very soon

3 hours ago, manpe said:

How? Our defensive mids are not tall nor strong. Our only strong players are our CBs and Giroud if he's playing. But I agree, I thought we were past that archaic height and strength fetish and are moving towards modern football. Guess not, fear seems to be clouding Sarri's judgement at the moment considering his reluctance to play youth and persistance with shit players. This also explains why he has no qualms over playing Emerson in games outside EPL fixtures, EPL is surely more physical and demanding, but fuck me are you telling me our team is so weak in set-pieces that we still need to put out Alonso against teams we have 70% possession against, just to defend against a couple of corners/fks they might get? The few set-pieces we'd concede would be compensated by the advantages Emerson would bring in attack.

When are we gonna get a manager who has a set of balls?

That was a sarcastic response to Sarri preffering to play Alonso to defend setpieces.

after today

I think our strongest team

is

Kepa

Rudiger

Luiz

Azpi

Emerson

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Hazard (LW)

Pedro (False Nine)

RLC (RW)

Barkley first off the bench or rotate with RLC

Giroud as changeup

Willian as a changeup as well (but he just is shit)

Alonso REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to go whilst we can get the huge quid for his WUTHLESS arse

Morata REALLY REALLY needs to go as well, as he is a bigger pussy than

fattest-cats-in-the-world.jpg

you all know my targets by now

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

after today

I think our strongest team

is

Kepa

Rudiger

Luiz

Azpi

Emerson

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Hazard (LW)

Pedro (False Nine)

RLC (RW)

Barkley first off the bench or rotate with RLC

Giroud as changeup

Willian as a changeup as well (but he just is shit)

Alonso REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to go whilst we can get the huge quid for his WUTHLESS arse

Morata REALLY REALLY needs to go as well, as he is a bigger pussy than

fattest-cats-in-the-world.jpg

you all know my targets by now

I still think Hazard as the F9, he doesn't do enough defending off the ball, which is okay up there.  Willian didn't have a great match (he was perfectly fine though) offensively, but he was back helping out defensively.  City tried to play down our left, but Kovacic and Willian wouldn't let them outnumber and pick on Alonso.  When Alonso would step up, there was Kovacic going back in to the vacated space, and Willian in to stop the balls in to the CM.  I haven't seen Hazard do much of that, yet.  And Pedro...well, he just does his thing out there which is be in the right place and use his head.

Hopefully, the loss against Wolves will be like Conte's loss to Arsenal.  What was needed to shake things up.  

Willian - Hazard - Pedro

Kovacic/Barkley/RLC - Jorginho - Kante/Kovacic

Alonso/Emerson - Luiz - Rudiger - Azpi

Kepa

Bench:  Zapp - AC - Fabs - RLC/Barkley - CHO - Giroud

I think that's our best team.      

13 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I still think Hazard as the F9, he doesn't do enough defending off the ball, which is okay up there.  Willian didn't have a great match (he was perfectly fine though) offensively, but he was back helping out defensively.  City tried to play down our left, but Kovacic and Willian wouldn't let them outnumber and pick on Alonso.  When Alonso would step up, there was Kovacic going back in to the vacated space, and Willian in to stop the balls in to the CM.  I haven't seen Hazard do much of that, yet.  And Pedro...well, he just does his thing out there which is be in the right place and use his head.

Hopefully, the loss against Wolves will be like Conte's loss to Arsenal.  What was needed to shake things up.  

Willian - Hazard - Pedro

Kovacic/Barkley/RLC - Jorginho - Kante/Kovacic

Alonso/Emerson - Luiz - Rudiger - Azpi

Kepa

Bench:  Zapp - AC - Fabs - RLC/Barkley - CHO - Giroud

I think that's our best team.      

Your best team is the entire squad, lolol, minus Morata and Ampadu (Amps seriously need more playing time btw, in front of AC, who I think needs to be sold and we buy Pavard)

oh, and the donkeys aka Drinkwater, Moses, Lucas Piazón (WTF is he still here for???) and Cahill

Just now, Vesper said:

Your best team is the entire squad, lolol, minus Morata and Ampadu (Amps seriously need more playing time btw, in front of AC, who I think needs to be sold and we buy Pavard)

oh, and the donkeys aka Drinkwater, Moses, Lucas Piazón (WTF is he still here for???) and Cahill

Well, the best team has to be made up of our squad, no?  That's our best XI + bench, depending on the opponent.  I like Kovacic in matches like today, but I think that RLC or Barkley are better against teams that are going to be sitting deep.