test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,525 posts in this topic
On 12/8/2018 at 10:46 PM, kellzfresh said:

He did very well to get our team so compact without the ball. The distance between our defensive line and attack was about 15 meters throughout the match, very compact. No spaces in between our midfield and defence for Silva to have joy in, and thats what made the big difference today. Kante was playing so close to Jorginho and didn't leave him isolated today.

Sarri did well motivating the team today, he has to get our team to remain that compact (15 meters) in every game.

Mate I watched the game this morning and thought the exact same thing. That 2ng half it seemed we took up the middle 1/3 of the pitch. The wee baldy man got a ;ot closer to Jorgi so could do a proper B2B job.

I hope we stick to that. Think the only bad side is if the opposition has someone fast as hell and they boot it over us to him. Thats when we need fast CBs

kellzfresh and herzogian like this

21 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Mate I watched the game this morning and thought the exact same thing. That 2ng half it seemed we took up the middle 1/3 of the pitch. The wee baldy man got a ;ot closer to Jorgi so could do a proper B2B job.

I hope we stick to that. Think the only bad side is if the opposition has someone fast as hell and they boot it over us to him. Thats when we need fast CBs

Balls over the top can be countered by high pressing from our attackers, offside trap and Sweeper keeper (Kepa) coming out to clear long balls. If we do it right, long balls will mean that we recover the ball back immediately. You could see from the first half against city that we couldn't even go over the top against them even if they were pressing right at our 18 yard box

Unionjack and manpe like this

9 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I don't know what Emerson has done to him to not get a sniff instead of Alonso. Alonso must have his naked pics somewhere

He's even worse, id rather we draft in Zappa and put Azpi LB.

It's the Ivan/Baba situation again, the desperation to see one dropped has led to false illusions about how good the other is.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He's even worse, id rather we draft in Zappa and put Azpi LB.

It's the Ivan/Baba situation again, the desperation to see one dropped has led to false illusions about how good the other is.

I know Emerson is not Alba or anything like that, but I think Sarri should start benching players that have 3-4 straight bad games. Emerson is the only other defender with a left foot and deserves to be giving a chance.

10 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I know Emerson is not Alba or anything like that, but I think Sarri should start benching players that have 3-4 straight bad games. Emerson is the only other defender with a left foot and deserves to be giving a chance.

It's not like he hasn't been given games all be it not in the league, he has the occasional overlap that looks aesthetically pleasing but he's very naive tactically, he looks totally out of sync with the team shape the same way Bosingwa use to be.

kellzfresh likes this

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

You said Emerson is naive tactically but how is he going to become less naive, how is he going to improve if he is not given more consistent game? He has only been playing the cup games under Sarri and that is like only once or twice per month! He might not be the best LB around but it sure is better giving him a shot to see if he make can better fist of that position than Alonso. Players can improve their tactical ability but certainly not their pace. If Emerson turns out bad, then fine. But if he turns great, then what? You can say Alonso is better than Emerson tactically or whatever, but it doesn't hide the fact that all of those are almost redundant due to his severe lack of pace. Put someone with decent pace against him and we are in trouble and we have seen him getting exploited way too easily in recent times.

The other defenders that play in the cup games aren't the best defenders but have the basics on point, Emerson is all over the place and it's when you're inside the ground and you can keep a close eye on things like that it becomes clear, painfully so infact. The desperation for Alonso to be dropped is leading to even Emerson's shitest games being passed off as good.

I want Alonso upgraded on as much as the next person, but if Emerson is the answer i dread to think of the question.

Just now, Tomo said:

The other defenders that play in the cup games aren't the best defenders but have the basics on point, Emerson is all over the place and it's when you're inside the ground and you can keep a close eye on things like that it becomes clear, painfully so infact.

Emerson isn't great but he isn't as woeful as you're trying to paint him out to be. Again, how do you expect one to properly improve is just 6-7 games over 5 months? How can you properly judge a player based on just 6-7 games in 5 months? Considering he's made the matchday squad for the last two Premier League games, maybe he's gotten better in Sarri's eyes!

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The desperation for Alonso to be dropped is leading to even Emerson's shitest games being passed off as good.

Tomo, you have beaten that bush way too often. You think Emerson isn't good and that's fine but please, do not just assume everyone else thinks Emerson is only because they desperately want to see Alonso dropped. It's just lazy. Others may well see qualities in him that you do not. 

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I want Alonso upgraded on as much as the next person, but if Emerson is the answer i dread to think of the question.

I don't think anyone believes Emerson is the long term answer for us at LB but right now, Alonso is certainly a problem for us in that position and there's nothing wrong with people wanting Sarri to look for solutions, find alternatives rather than persisting with a problem that's showing no signs of going away!

Vybzkartel and kellzfresh like this

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The desperation for Alonso to be dropped is leading to even Emerson's shitest games being passed off as good.

I agree, so we need to buy an upgrade.

Unionjack likes this

Been catching up on the matches I've missed.

Found this absolutely amazing and it befuddles me why the fuck we can't keep this up!! We don;t seem able to keep our form. We're either shit hot - or just plain shite!!

They did a great job in the 2nd half Vs Shitty and it shows us that we trulyy need to fully back Sarri 100%

This play looks so clean and simple but it was the lads that made it look that way. Amazing work.

kellzfresh and DDA like this

21 hours ago, Jason said:

Emerson isn't great but he isn't as woeful as you're trying to paint him out to be. Again, how do you expect one to properly improve is just 6-7 games over 5 months? How can you properly judge a player based on just 6-7 games in 5 months? Considering he's made the matchday squad for the last two Premier League games, maybe he's gotten better in Sarri's eyes!

You're talking as if im expecting prime Ashley Cole, the minimum i ask for in a player is the basics, Zappacosta for example is a fairly ordinary player but gets the basics right, Emerson while naturally gifted is often tactically/positionally looking like a player we randomely plucked from a random low quality league.

21 hours ago, Jason said:

omo, you have beaten that bush way too often. You think Emerson isn't good and that's fine but please, do not just assume everyone else thinks Emerson is only because they desperately want to see Alonso dropped. It's just lazy. Others may well see qualities in him that you do not. 

Okay but i do believe that the want for Marcos to be dropped is leading to exaggerations regarding his performances (which in a way i get because looking back was a bit like that with Meireles because of how much i wanted our at the time stagnant midfield dropped) ,there's been games where i thought he was one of our weakest players yet came on here to read that he's the type of player we have been missing. I think for the most part this forum are quite spot on in an assessment of a player but in my opinion the general consensus with Emerson is well off just like it was with Baba, and the one common ground for both was that they were in competition with a player the fans badly want(ed) to be dropped.

DYC. likes this

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

You're talking as if im expecting prime Ashley Cole, the minimum i ask for in a player is the basics, Zappacosta for example is a fairly ordinary player but gets the basics right, Emerson while naturally gifted is often tactically/ positionally looking like a player we randomely plucked from a random low quality league.

Okay but i do believe that the want for Marcos to be dropped is leading to exaggerations regarding his performances (which in a way i get because looking back was a bit like that with Meireles because of how much i wanted our at the time stagnant midfield dropped) ,there's been games where i thought he was one of our weakest players yet came on here to read that he's the type of player we have been missing. I think for the most part this forum are quite spot on in an assessment of a player but in my opinion the general consensus with Emerson is well off just like it was with Baba, and the one common ground for both was that they were in competition with a player the fans badly want(ed) to be dropped.

we can sort this whole debate...

buy an upgrade LB!

:D

plus CF and RW (Pepe)

11Drogba, Tomo and Unionjack like this

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we can sort this whole debate...

buy an upgrade LB!

:D

plus CF and RW (Pepe)

Couple of years ago i would have said try to take advantage of the tension between Rose and Spurs, but his injury has ruined him.

Vesper and kellzfresh like this

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Couple of years ago i would have said try to take advantage of the tension between Rose and Spurs, but his injury has ruined him.

Plus he is too old, we would get but one sub 30yo season out of him.

Unionjack likes this

de laurentis:

"With Carlo (Ancelotti) you can sit and talk about football, he is a serene man with a thousand interests.

One time I said to Sarri: 'Which players should we buy?' And he answered: 'I don't care'."

Yeah Carlo for me has been the classiest manager we had in the Roman era. 

But on the note of the transfer if Sarri is like that, then the board must love him!