test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

1,705 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, manpe said:

How? Our defensive mids are not tall nor strong. Our only strong players are our CBs and Giroud if he's playing. But I agree, I thought we were past that archaic height and strength fetish and are moving towards modern football. Guess not, fear seems to be clouding Sarri's judgement at the moment considering his reluctance to play youth and persistance with shit players. This also explains why he has no qualms over playing Emerson in games outside EPL fixtures, EPL is surely more physical and demanding, but fuck me are you telling me our team is so weak in set-pieces that we still need to put out Alonso against teams we have 70% possession against, just to defend against a couple of corners/fks they might get? The few set-pieces we'd concede would be compensated by the advantages Emerson would bring in attack.

When are we gonna get a manager who has a set of balls?

That was a sarcastic response to Sarri preffering to play Alonso to defend setpieces.

after today

I think our strongest team

is

Kepa

Rudiger

Luiz

Azpi

Emerson

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Hazard (LW)

Pedro (False Nine)

RLC (RW)

Barkley first off the bench or rotate with RLC

Giroud as changeup

Willian as a changeup as well (but he just is shit)

Alonso REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to go whilst we can get the huge quid for his WUTHLESS arse

Morata REALLY REALLY needs to go as well, as he is a bigger pussy than

fattest-cats-in-the-world.jpg

you all know my targets by now

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

after today

I think our strongest team

is

Kepa

Rudiger

Luiz

Azpi

Emerson

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Hazard (LW)

Pedro (False Nine)

RLC (RW)

Barkley first off the bench or rotate with RLC

Giroud as changeup

Willian as a changeup as well (but he just is shit)

Alonso REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to go whilst we can get the huge quid for his WUTHLESS arse

Morata REALLY REALLY needs to go as well, as he is a bigger pussy than

fattest-cats-in-the-world.jpg

you all know my targets by now

I still think Hazard as the F9, he doesn't do enough defending off the ball, which is okay up there.  Willian didn't have a great match (he was perfectly fine though) offensively, but he was back helping out defensively.  City tried to play down our left, but Kovacic and Willian wouldn't let them outnumber and pick on Alonso.  When Alonso would step up, there was Kovacic going back in to the vacated space, and Willian in to stop the balls in to the CM.  I haven't seen Hazard do much of that, yet.  And Pedro...well, he just does his thing out there which is be in the right place and use his head.

Hopefully, the loss against Wolves will be like Conte's loss to Arsenal.  What was needed to shake things up.  

Willian - Hazard - Pedro

Kovacic/Barkley/RLC - Jorginho - Kante/Kovacic

Alonso/Emerson - Luiz - Rudiger - Azpi

Kepa

Bench:  Zapp - AC - Fabs - RLC/Barkley - CHO - Giroud

I think that's our best team.      

Robchels likes this

13 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I still think Hazard as the F9, he doesn't do enough defending off the ball, which is okay up there.  Willian didn't have a great match (he was perfectly fine though) offensively, but he was back helping out defensively.  City tried to play down our left, but Kovacic and Willian wouldn't let them outnumber and pick on Alonso.  When Alonso would step up, there was Kovacic going back in to the vacated space, and Willian in to stop the balls in to the CM.  I haven't seen Hazard do much of that, yet.  And Pedro...well, he just does his thing out there which is be in the right place and use his head.

Hopefully, the loss against Wolves will be like Conte's loss to Arsenal.  What was needed to shake things up.  

Willian - Hazard - Pedro

Kovacic/Barkley/RLC - Jorginho - Kante/Kovacic

Alonso/Emerson - Luiz - Rudiger - Azpi

Kepa

Bench:  Zapp - AC - Fabs - RLC/Barkley - CHO - Giroud

I think that's our best team.      

Your best team is the entire squad, lolol, minus Morata and Ampadu (Amps seriously need more playing time btw, in front of AC, who I think needs to be sold and we buy Pavard)

oh, and the donkeys aka Drinkwater, Moses, Lucas Piazón (WTF is he still here for???) and Cahill

Just now, Vesper said:

Your best team is the entire squad, lolol, minus Morata and Ampadu (Amps seriously need more playing time btw, in front of AC, who I think needs to be sold and we buy Pavard)

oh, and the donkeys aka Drinkwater, Moses, Lucas Piazón (WTF is he still here for???) and Cahill

Well, the best team has to be made up of our squad, no?  That's our best XI + bench, depending on the opponent.  I like Kovacic in matches like today, but I think that RLC or Barkley are better against teams that are going to be sitting deep.

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

Well, the best team has to be made up of our squad, no?  That's our best XI + bench, depending on the opponent.  I like Kovacic in matches like today, but I think that RLC or Barkley are better against teams that are going to be sitting deep.

I meant (I should have specified) our best starting XI

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I meant (I should have specified) our best starting XI

I'd say that 8 or 9 of our best XI are the same all the time (I don't know about Emerson against actualy quality as we haven't seen it yet),  Depending on the opponent, the others can change.  Having our best 2 defensive midfielders (Kante and Kovacic) was essential today, IMO.  

Post-Match Press Conference: Chelsea 2-0 City

renderTimingPixel.png

Sarri on win: "We had Eden for the first time in that position. I think for the first 20-25 minutes we didn't defend well in the opponents half, fortunately we defended well in our own. After the goal the game changed, I think." He adds that Chelsea deserved to win.

Sarri on beating City: "For me it is not easy to win against Guardiola, as you know. I am happy." He adds "we need to find the right determination in other matches."

Sarri on Hazard false 9: "Maybe he deserved to score, it is a good option. Maybe he will play there more."

Sarri on abandoning his traditional tactics: "We had to defend in our own half but it wasn't a choice. No! We knew very well that ball possession that we usually have would be a problem today and that there would be more spaces for counters"

Sarri on Kante: "Today Kante scored by chance. Today he played closer to Jorginho than in the other matches. I thought he defended very well. He was in some counter attacks, he was in the box for the first goal, today he played in the right position."

Sarri on Chelsea title chances vs Man City: "As I say always, I think that it is impossible to cover this kind of [points] gap in one season. We can play them in one match, of course, but it is very difficult to cover the gap. They are the best in Europe."

Sarri wants to see intensity continuing: "In this kind of match it is easy to have great motivation, determination and agression. But then during the season you have to play against lower teams, for example in the next match vs Brighton there will be 3 points [to grab]"

Sarri on lack of Morata: "The reason is clear. We played with Hazard as a striker. If we had to change something, there was Giroud, I thought it was useless to have two strikers on the bench." #CHEMCI

Sarri on beating Guardiola finally: "I am happy but not for that. I am happy for the win but not for that [beating Guardiola]." Adds "they are a step ahead" which makes him extra proud for the win on the day.

Sarri asked if it was David Luiz's best performance: "Yes, I think so, but I am really very happy with him from the beginning [of my time at the club]."

He did very well to get our team so compact without the ball. The distance between our defensive line and attack was about 15 meters throughout the match, very compact. No spaces in between our midfield and defence for Silva to have joy in, and thats what made the big difference today. Kante was playing so close to Jorginho and didn't leave him isolated today.

Sarri did well motivating the team today, he has to get our team to remain that compact (15 meters) in every game.

Sideshow Luiz and Unionjack like this

Why.

Why was my date with my lady clashed with this game? Thankfully she was nice and let me watched the last 10 minutes of the match while she was catching up Instagramming.

But I did watch the full replay when I got home. I have to say, even though I have started to become critical about Sarri, credit when is credit due, his tactics were spot on today.

He changed it up for this match and it was executed well.

David Luiz, while he is usually average to terrible, stepped it up proper today. If only he is consistent like this.

Our best match of the season, and I missed it live. What a bummer. Thought I did myself a favour when I thought we are going to get battered. Such an idiot.

2 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Sarri got the tactics right. We were defensively solid, which is what we needed in this game.

Source? Sounds like a fake quote...

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Source? Sounds like a fake quote...

I'll find it. I trust the twitter handler though, he doesn't post rubbish

Rudiger: “After the Wolves game Sarri was terrifying. He was going crazy. But that was okay because we shouldn’t have lost. The day after he was very calm. He made it clear that we have to believe in ourselves. He wanted us to go into the City game looking for a win”.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/how-terrifying-maurizio-sarri-inspired-chelsea-to-win-over-man-city-after-pain-of-wolves-loss-a4012941.html

Johnnyeye, Sideshow Luiz and Vesper like this

On 09/12/2018 at 6:25 PM, kellzfresh said:

Sarri got the tactics right. We were defensively solid, which is what we needed in this game.

Course Pep would say that, or something that could be a slight dig, arrogant fucker, does he just want teams to bend over for City or something? His arrogance is mental, also his poor sportsmanship is swept under the carpet every time he loses theres something. Theres several effective ways to play football and will be after him too. If it means switching it up, sitting deeper, having less quality on the ball but more off it in the defensive phase... to get a win... Why not? Maybe City would have more chance to win a CL if he wasnt blinded by his own philosophy so much. Sure it works, but comes unstuck against us a lot. Still love when Conte got that Chelsea team, playing a 343 with Moses and Alonso as wingbacks, to absolutely shaft City on the counter, at the Etihad. 

kellzfresh and Johnnyeye like this

On 12/12/2018 at 9:32 AM, Jason said:

Loved that report.

And I totally agree with it. I do think IF we fully take on Sarri and properly back him, and the lads we have start listening to him (like it seemed they did at half time Vs shitty) then I reckon we could make something really good.

Klopps had 3 years and 8 transfer windows. Peps had 2 years 7 months and 5 windows. I really want to see what Sarri could do in that time WITH the right backing. And it doesn;t look like the clubs scrimping after paying out for Kepa so lets hope theres the right players we need available in a couple of weeks AND both Sarri and our board are both in agreement about signing them.

We need to show commitment that we don't just want to contend but conquer! Rule Chelsea!