Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

starting in 5 days we have 11 matches in just 34 days

with the shit rotation Sarri uses the team may be half dead by January 3rd

at least every one of them is against a shit team except for Shitty and away at Wolves (well also at Selhurst v Palace)

We REALLY need to win at least 9 of these, hopefully 10.

This.

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

I am still yet to witness this 'SarriBall' that Napoli honour soo highly. 

We are controlling the possession/game and looking to attack more in games but have hardly seen any cohesive, well crafted combination play that we saw at Napoli.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I love Sarri but I don't understand why he keeps picking David Luiz. 

Simple. He doesn't really trust youth and he also had never been truly burnt by Luiz to the point he lost a game and the team was humiliated by Luiz.

Now we find out if Sarri has, like we Bajans say, hard ears.

Hard ears dun hear, hard ears gun FEEL.

Let's be honest, against a top team this was going to happen. We've conceded too many big chances this season, probably the most of out the top 6 teams in the PL.

Sarri said it would take a year and anyone who followed Napoli will know that it took him half a season to get something started. 

We've had some good results, good performances and some bad results and performances. Realistically we have the experience to compete for the title, the best PL player and a manager who has changed everything in comparison to his predecessor but top 4 was always the goal, even if Morata or Giroud scored 30 goals this season (we'd have to cross much more often for any chances of 15 yet alone 30 goals) we'd finish in the top 4 and not as winners still.

Lack of fire power is an excuse that is mentioned a lot in comparision to the real problem which is the defence (or so I would say), David Luiz plays every game this season and we concede a huge amount of chances, is it any surprise? Conte tightened up a average back line with his system using Kante and Matic as shields as well while putting Azpi and Cahill to the right and left of Luiz (all 3 excelled in the first season particularly and impressed me with how they adapted to that change). Sarri has to find defensive solutions quick because we've a lot of matches coming up in the next 5 or 6 weeks and we've seen in the past winter time isn't always the best time for the team. This isn't new either, Jorginho for all he does when we have the ball has struggled off it at times too, which he's maybe due a grace period because the tempo in Italy is slower to it is here but still that can only last so long. We've conceded big chances in other games and been lucky, some point the run was due to come unstuck.

Lots of positives still from Sarri's start dont get me wrong but teams with a solid defence always have a chance, we don't have one and I think Luiz and Alonso (although not anywhere near as big a Culprit as Luiz) find themselves struggling too much for my liking.

Every team that we've won titles with has had one thing in common, a solid defence to build upon. You defend as a team and that sure but we've seen Christensen make huge individual errors last season and Luiz putting in poor pefromances this season. Nothing new either before anybody starts with passing out from the back bullshit please do me a favour and save it. Means fuck all if your a liability defensively.

Sarri should figure out how to cover the centrebacks more effectively and find Kante a more fitting role. Right now he's trying to replicate his Napoli team and its Hamsik-Jorginho-Allan midfield but he might have to realize that at Chelsea there are different players available. I think would be more wise to play Kante as a LCM, covering Hazard, Luiz, Jorginho and Alonso/Emerson rather than as a RCM where he is currently being wasted. Other thing about our current system is that the right side is completely unable to create anything as Willian, Kante and Azpilicueta offer very little if anything going forward. Switching Kante's position could make the team more balanced both defensively and offensively. 

For the next league games:

---------Hazard------------------Giroud-----------------------Pedro------------

---------------------------------------------------Barkley/Kovacic----------------

--------------------Kante-------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------Jorginho-----------------------------------------

-----Emerson/Alonso-------------------------------------------Azpilicueta-----

-----------------------Luiz---------------------------Rudiger------------------------

We didn't progress lately. Main reason, as i see it, because of the good results. So players rather adapt to Sarri tactics than transform, and because of good results Sarri allowed them to play like this, not pushing them. We play from the back, but too slow and not benefit from it much. We press, but rarely win the ball in dangerous situations, and we move ball fast, but again with very carefull approach, so it didn't lead to anything. All this need to change, hopefully Sarri find out how to do it, current football will bring more upsets. 

Other teams have started figuring out his weakness, man-mark Jorginho and we fall like a pack of cards. Everton did it against us, we had to sub Jorginho out and now Tottenham have done it agaist us.

We need a plan B, and David Luiz/Alonso will be the death of Sarri, every big team keeps attacking us through that wing but we dont seem to see that it is those two that are costing us. Alonso deceives us that he is a great attacker when he cant cross, dribble and is too slow to save his life. Azpilicueta is also getting on my nerves with his reluctance to attack, but at least he knows how to put in a cross like modern fullbacks do these days( not the fraud Alonso)

Guardiola went and got two fast dribbling fullbacks Kyle walker and Mendy and won the league that season. He sold the slow Kolarov (Alonso) and the non-attacking Sagna(Azpi) to get better. Sarri is underestimating the importance of fullbacks as a whole to the system and that will be his downfall if he doesn't take it seriously.

I still wish he would try the 4-2-3-1 formation with Kante and Jorginho in double pivot against stronger teams. Kante goes too far up when we get hit by counters, so it's up to the Jorginhos, Luizes and Alonsos to track back against speedsters. We saw how that ended up yesterday with Son's goal. Some tactical flexibility needed or we get predictable (aka honeymoon period ends). Kante and Jorginho would still have the license to bomb forward, but more conservatively than in our current system.

7 minutes ago, manpe said:

I still wish he would try the 4-2-3-1 formation with Kante and Jorginho in double pivot against stronger teams. Kante goes too far up when we get hit by counters, so it's up to the Jorginhos, Luizes and Alonsos to track back against speedsters. We saw how that ended up yesterday with Son's goal. Some tactical flexibility needed or we get predictable (aka honeymoon period ends). Kante and Jorginho would still have the license to bomb forward, but more conservatively than in our current system.

I am down with this

or trying the 

3 1 3 3

we came up with

Kepa

Azpi                               AC or Ampadu (fuck Luiz)                                Rudiger

<<<<<<<<<Kante>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Barkely                                       Jorginho                                                 Kovacic

Pedro                                            Giroud                                                    Eden

Something needs to change. Only lost one yet behind Spurs who have lost 3 and one above Arsenal. The stupid drawers are costing us. Yesterday was a disaster as well. 

How we can say we won't spend in January..

Know things have changed but be harder next year if out of Champions league again. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am down with this

or trying the 

3 1 3 3

we came up with

Kepa

Azpi                               AC or Ampadu (fuck Luiz)                                Rudiger

<<<<<<<<<Kante>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Barkely                                       Jorginho                                                 Kovacic

Pedro                                            Giroud                                                    Eden

So Kante the only midfielder with any sort of defensive instinct covering that whole area of that pitch himself and playing without any fullbacks at all? Great... might as well have AVBs 433 which was more or less 3 7 1 when we lost the ball 😂

Anyway Sarri still needs time, he said one year we will be able to compete. Has it been a year yet? We've had a good start but yet to see Sarriball in its full because he needs more time to fine tune the squad. Results have been good apart from that but look at the footage of the games its been comibg. Defence has been an issue whenever we've tried to play properly open offensive football for years. Sarri sorts that we have a solid platform at least to go off.

3 hours ago, manpe said:

Kepa

Azpi     Luiz   Rudi   Alonso

Kante     Jorginho

Eden       Kovacic      Pedro

Giroud

why not? but Sarri wont do it

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

Kepa

Azpi     Luiz   Rudi   Alonso

Kante     Jorginho

Eden       Kovacic      Pedro

Giroud

why not? but Sarri wont do it

I'd stick Barkley instead of Kova in this formation, he's more of a goal threat and probably a more natural nr. 10. But yes doubt we'll see it.

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

So Kante the only midfielder with any sort of defensive instinct covering that whole area of that pitch himself and playing without any fullbacks at all? Great... might as well have AVBs 433 which was more or less 3 7 1 when we lost the ball 😂

Anyway Sarri still needs time, he said one year we will be able to compete. Has it been a year yet? We've had a good start but yet to see Sarriball in its full because he needs more time to fine tune the squad. Results have been good apart from that but look at the footage of the games its been comibg. Defence has been an issue whenever we've tried to play properly open offensive football for years. Sarri sorts that we have a solid platform at least to go off.

You would have cover and width. You have 3 CBs plus a floating  Kante and also 2 MFs who would also take situational rotatings back for defense if the ball is not on their side. It frees up Kante to be a complete hybrid roaming destroyer and gives you width in all 3 zones.

Also, if we dont immediately and massively upgrade at CB, RW and CF we arent going to compete for anything but EL again next year, with Eden gone and probably transfer bans in place.