Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Chelsea is now the only undefeated team in Europe this season. What a way to start you time in England, Maurizio

Yeah was gonna say. As Vesper mentioned the Community Shield was a competitive game. We are unbeaten in the PL and European games. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Community Shield is a glorified friendly. It's a preseason trophy, just like the Champions Cup (or whatever the name it's called). The real season starts when the PL starts, not the CS. So yes, Chelsea is the only undefeated team in Europe this season.

However, this quote was taken from a different thread, but I would like to discuss it here...

Until we win the league, or massively improve our squad in January, there's always going to be doom and gloom this season.

Why? We won yesterday but I'm still pissed off. No, not because we played crap and we were VERY lucky to get the win yesterday. 

It's because of:

...with this shite squad. We are 2nd in the league as well. But, we all know deep down, it's only a matter of time before we fall flat on our faces. Because we are not good enough. There's a reason why pundits are not calling us title contenders. Sarri is doing amazing wonders with this shite squad, way more than I predicted.

What would have happened, if we had a decent CF. A CB that is not as naive as Luiz. Better replacement for Willian and Alonso. We would be clearly challenging for the title. Our squad won't be as expansive as City, but 11v11 we could match them. The board fecked us up big time in the summer. The potential is there, but we are so limited right now.

I Think we are stuck this squad for the most part until amd if Eden leaves. I think Sarri and the board massively rate Luiz and Willian. Unless Pedro is bang on healthy amd if Sarri trusts Ampadu, I dont see other viable options. Alwthough I REALLY want CHO to get more playing time, he isn't a RW, so he isn't going to get any meaningful time in big games. If Hazard is injured its Willian at LW and Pedro or RLC at RW (with the 3 switching it up side to side. Cahill and (I hate to say it) AC have looked horrid at CB, so its Rudiger and Luiz or die, unless Amps slips in a wee bit. I am also resigned that Kante and of course Jorginho will always be 2 of our 3 MFers in all important games, with Kovacic fighting with Barkley and RLC (lesser for him) for the 3rd spot. Fullbacks will always be Alonso and Azpi, and CF will be Morata, backed up or rotated with Giroud.

Sink or swim that is the team. I have absolutely zero expectations we do much in January. Especially at CF, as the options that are viable (true proven upgrade) will all be over £100m, unless we somehow buy Cavani as a stopgap (if price is right I am all in).

I think the club is in financial lockdown for the most part until the Roman nightmare is sorted one way or another.

At least we are undefeated. Lets hope it continues and doesn't implode. Sarri has indeed worked miracles, but any decent manager with say 5, 6 great players can surely slice deep into our weak points eventually. Winning EL is going to be a really hard slog, as some great teams will surely drop down from CL.

I am just going to concentrate on one game at a time. Eden and CHO situs are ticking time bombs though, and need to be sorted ASAP. I have bad feeling we are going to get a right proper bollocksing by both. Let's hope not!

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

There's still time you know. I recall last season we were around the top, only to fall? We can finish the season unbeaten, but still finish 6th. I'm hope to be proven wrong though.

If we are going to go with flawed, then it's seriously flawed. We don't have the players to cope with this system.

Lol. Don't compare 16/17 to this. There is a huge difference between that squad and this squad as explained many times before. You cannot compare the quality of Diego Costa to the cowardless Morata. The lack of goalscoring threat is the difference between winning the PL, and finishing out of the top 4.

I think today is the reason why they will continue to hold out us being title challengers.

And i bet at the start of that season you gave every reason under the sun as to why we couldn't challenge either.  And while we may have been better off up front back then, we are light years better than that team (personel wise) currently in both defence and especially midfield. 

I don't actually think we will win the league, but this squad isn't as bad as you/Conte make out.

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

Problem with that is, and what you missed out, even though Conte's title winning squad was aging, most of those players fit in Conte's system. They were just about good enough for Conte's system to work.

That can't be said for Sarri's. We may have better players now (well, most), but they are not either good enough to play the system, too slow/limited, or playing in a different position that they are not used to. Morata, Willian, Alonso, Luiz, Giroud, Fabregas...even sadly Kante and Azpi are not doing well at the moment. We are relying more on Hazard now then the 16/17 season.

It's easy to say in hindsight that they fitted Conte's system, i bet if i told you after the 3-0 loss at Arsenal we would win the title with Moses as a wing back, Alonso, Cahill, Pedro playing key roles and even Matic resembling something of a footballer again you would have laughed. Out of all those players you listed (as not good enough) only 1 is a bonafide starter.

18 minutes ago, Mana said:

hen why are you making it out to be we are title contenders? We are thankfully 3rd, but we are miles from being title contenders.

The squad is kinda bad. Have you already forgotten our game last Thursday? (Yes we won, but thanks to luck) Today as well, wasn't good enough.

Im not making out per se, just saying we have been here before. And why are you cherry picking the rubbish games to peddle your side? I could counter that by saying remember Cardiff, Burnley and Bate (home)?

5 hours ago, Mana said:

Problem with that is, and what you missed out, even though Conte's title winning squad was aging, most of those players fit in Conte's system. They were just about good enough for Conte's system to work.

That can't be said for Sarri's. We may have better players now (well, most), but they are not either good enough to play the system, too slow/limited, or playing in a different position that they are not used to. Morata, Willian, Alonso, Luiz, Giroud, Fabregas...even sadly Kante and Azpi are not doing well at the moment. We are relying more on Hazard now then the 16/17 season.

Then why are you making it out to be we are title contenders? We are thankfully 3rd, but we are miles from being title contenders.

The squad is kinda bad. Have you already forgotten our game last Thursday? (Yes we won, but thanks to luck) Today as well, wasn't good enough.

The squad is not good enough. We are overachieving once again. Winning the title is not expected. 

However we should be good enough to finish top 4. 

We were never title contenders, I don't think we were even mentioned solidly at the start of the season.

If we can get one trophy and finish top 4 it will of been a very good season, totally acceptable.

The squad needs investment, it's decent but not to the quality it should be. We are lacking a top quality CB to play alonside Rudiger because Luiz is very poor IMO. One area we fall short in is the wing back areas, and I know Alonso has signed a new deal but if we are really to challenge next season we need elite replacements on either side. A striker is an absolute MUST, not even up for debate, again an elite CF who does the dirty work and bangs them home for fun. As decent as Pedro and Willian are we need a quality right-sided player too.

We must back Sarri, if he can deliver what we are seeing now with this team he can achieve top things if he is given the right players.

I don't get it when people say that we have a shite squad. Even Sarri himself said although organization wise the team is still not good enough we are still winning and it is due to our player quality.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe that United, pool, city and spurs has better squad than us,but our team is not bad. 

12 hours ago, communicate said:

I don't get it when people say that we have a shite squad. Even Sarri himself said although organization wise the team is still not good enough we are still winning and it is due to our player quality.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe that United, pool, city and spurs has better squad than us,but our team is not bad. 

City definitely have a better squad, Liverpool a better first 11? I'd say its fair to say that, their squad isn't actually that impressive either but they have got experience on the bench in Milner, Stirrings, Shaqiri etc. Man United or Spurs have better players in certain positions than us in their first 11s but again questionable if they are actually a better team. 

Squadwise City are top dogs in that department. Liverpool second. Don't think United or Spurs squad is better than ours in all fairness, we lack a top CB, top RW and a top CF, add those three in and we'd be favourites for the league as well. The experience is there in the squad. Id say even then without those 3 players, we still have the third best squad in the country. 

We better be dropping £300 to £400m gross this January cuz that 4 window, 2 year transfer ban sure looks like its coming inbound. Summer 2021 would be next time we could buy anyone.

Big FUCK OFF to Marina et al. And to her defenders, I TOLD YOU SHE WAS SHIT. 

Roman needs to sell the club. Europe ban might also be part of punishment. It will take years to recover from this, as you can kiss Hazard goodbye for sure. Better fucking buy 2 wingers, a CF, 2 MF'ers, RB, LB and 2 CB's

Sell the deadweight ffs too. Unless you want to see Drinkwater and Moses starting games in 2020.

Also, to all the people who toss about charges of FM to any who dares to say sell or buy, that shit is so numpty as you fucking use it EVERY WINDOW.

At some point it's 'piss or get out the loo' time. You can't just let the shit back up window after window.