Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

7 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

The loan cap makes sense. Most these players either will never make it or never get the chance to make it with us. So seems pointless. If they have no future here send them on. For their sake. Otherwise just loan loan loan oh they've had enough and moved on. 

I think 12 to15 is a more reasonable number. I do agree 40 is insane, but winding down to only 6 (or even 8) will be a nightmare for us.

So much of our revenue is based off the loan army. I fear our board will just make an absolute mess of the wind-down too. :(

19 hours ago, the wes said:

Maurizio Sarri says midfielders Danny Drinkwater, 28, and Victor Moses, 27, are not part of his plans. (Evening Standard)

Get them out asap.

Also regarding the loans, it's the right thing to do, not only a problem for us but many teams but if people want PL teams to bring youngsters through its only logical step. Also means we will have to sell but makes us money.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Wouldn't Hiddink beat that? Or do they not count returning as a "start"?

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Get them out asap.

Also regarding the loans, it's the right thing to do, not only a problem for us but many teams but if people want PL teams to bring youngsters through its only logical step. Also means we will have to sell but makes us money.

I disagree, a cap for over 21's yes but 21 and under should be unlimited, some players will now be wasting away in the academy when they could be out gaining crucial experience.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wouldn't Hiddink beat that? Or do they not count returning as a "start"?

I disagree, a cap for over 21's yes but 21 and under should be unlimited, some players will now be wasting away in the academy when they could be out gaining crucial experience.

It means the club's have to play them though or they will lose them. I think B teams still need to be introduced to bridge the gap between academy and PL standards.

Loaning guys over 21 years for me is quite pointless unless it's an exceptional circumstance like say they've had a year out with injuries similar to Marco and Kurts loan deals in the past after they did their ACLs to get regular minutes and continuity. 

Guys aged 21 or more should be in the squad for me because youd think they'd be at a good level to compete and offer something. This is an issue all over the PL, guys like Andreas Pereira at United went to Valencia although was definitely at a good enough level to play at United when you consider they were using a lesser player like Scott McTominay regularly.

Fair enough some footballers develop later than others but 9 times out of 10 , you'd expect somebody who comes through the academy at a club to be good enough to compete for first team football at 21 at one of these club's, wouldn't you? Or at least you'd hope. 

I look at Ajax, guys like Frenkie de Jong and Matthias de Ligt. When these guys are say 23 theyll be ready to play for elite clubs like Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus week in week out and will go on and have hugely impressive careers. Here they'd be loaned out and still probably never end up making it here because the loan system for me is more a business than an actual pathway to the first team. Look at how many players we've loaned out and sold for profit. Losing the amount of guys we can loan out as a business tool as opposed to a pathway to bringing young guys through is probably more of an issue for Chelsea and that's the harsh reality.

Maurizio Sarri has set a new record for the longest unbeaten run by a new Premier League manager in his first season 

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/04/maurizio-sarri-breaks-24-year-old-premier-league-record-against-crystal-palace-8103990/

Well Done Sarri  👏👏👏

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Let’s not forget, Klopp and Pep are equalling this stat too, not just Sarri.

Unless they are talking about the only NEW PL manager to have this unbeaten start...

EDIT: OK it has to be. Wenger did the invincibles after all.

Yes. EPL rookie managers.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

It means the club's have to play them though or they will lose them. I think B teams still need to be introduced to bridge the gap between academy and PL standards.

Loaning guys over 21 years for me is quite pointless unless it's an exceptional circumstance like say they've had a year out with injuries similar to Marco and Kurts loan deals in the past after they did their ACLs to get regular minutes and continuity. 

Guys aged 21 or more should be in the squad for me because youd think they'd be at a good level to compete and offer something. This is an issue all over the PL, guys like Andreas Pereira at United went to Valencia although was definitely at a good enough level to play at United when you consider they were using a lesser player like Scott McTominay regularly.

Fair enough some footballers develop later than others but 9 times out of 10 , you'd expect somebody who comes through the academy at a club to be good enough to compete for first team football at 21 at one of these club's, wouldn't you? Or at least you'd hope. 

I look at Ajax, guys like Frenkie de Jong and Matthias de Ligt. When these guys are say 23 theyll be ready to play for elite clubs like Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus week in week out and will go on and have hugely impressive careers. Here they'd be loaned out and still probably never end up making it here because the loan system for me is more a business than an actual pathway to the first team. Look at how many players we've loaned out and sold for profit. Losing the amount of guys we can loan out as a business tool as opposed to a pathway to bringing young guys through is probably more of an issue for Chelsea and that's the harsh reality.

De Ligt is already at starting level for any team on the planet IMHO. He bossed Bayern Munich like they were tin soldiers. De Jong is close as well.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Let’s not forget, Klopp and Pep are equalling this stat too, not just Sarri.

Unless they are talking about the only NEW PL manager to have this unbeaten start...

EDIT: OK it has to be. Wenger did the invincibles after all.

And Conte WON 13 in a row.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:26 AM, Jason said:

Not having issue with Sarri's rotation but more so with his player-position selection. To him, it's Jorginho/Fabregas, Kovacic/Barkley/Loftus-Cheek and Kante. We know he wants a deep lying playmaker in his midfield trio but is he THAT rigid that he can't even switch it up some times? Is there really only one way to play Sarriball? Can't he play Kante in DM and Barkley and Kovacic ahead of him. Think I've seen this discussion take place in the forum but feel like his rigidity will cost us games and/or players somewhere down the line. 

Kante cannot play as dm, in this system. I think people forget what happen last year when we play 352 with kante as holder. 

The problem with sarri is very simple. He does not trust Kovacic, rlc, Barkley defensively hence he always try to play kante. 

36 minutes ago, communicate said:

Kante cannot play as dm, in this system. I think people forget what happen last year when we play 352 with kante as holder. 

The problem with sarri is very simple. He does not trust Kovacic, rlc, Barkley defensively hence he always try to play kante. 

Kovacic is miles better defensively than Barkley and RLC. He needs to be given a shot at playing the B to B hybrid role that wee baldy is struggling at now. Kante has not been remotely close in his defensive play to last year, let alone his offensive failings. He is really out of sync overall. Sarri needs to sort him by seasons end or I am all in for cashing in, unless we are going to sack Sarri, then it is madness to sell Kante, as almost every other manager would just put him back at pure DMF destroyer role.

We are betwixt and between at so many points and levels. We deffo are the most complicated club in world football atm, no one else that matters is even remotely close.

Amazing the hate people get for wanting our club to be the best in the world get from certain sections. They act like is is sacrilege to want upgrades for weaknesses. It is downright Liverpudlian. And NO it is not, NOT Football mangeresque to discuss players. NOT my fault we bought gilt-edge turds like Baka and Drinkwater.

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

Kovacic is miles better defensively than Barkley and RLC. He needs to be given a shot at playing the B to B hybrid role that wee baldy is struggling at now. Kante has not been remotely close in his defensive play to last year, let alone his offensive failings. He is really out of sync overall. Sarri needs to sort him by seasons end or I am all in for cashing in, unless we are going to sack Sarri, then it is madness to sell Kante, as almost every other manager would just put him back at pure DMF destroyer role.

We are betwixt and between at so many points and levels. We deffo are the most complicated club in world football atm, no one else that matters is even remotely close.

Sarri himself admit that organization wise our team is not good enough especially in defensive phase.

Hence, imo it is a dangerous game to play 3 defensively weak player unless we are playing against a very weak team. Kovacic defensively is decent but I don't think he trust him enough to cover the other two midfielder. 

I personally want kante to flourish, because if he can improve technically he will provide a very good balance with the other two midfielder. 

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

Any manager who plays Kante as a destroyer should be sacked. 

Kante is a B2B midfielder. At Leicester he played as a B2B beside Drinkwater the DMF, when he came here Kante played the same role, with Matic as the DMF. The thing that makes Kante great is his engine, hence why he excels as a B2B. If you think that Kante is playing poorly, you are showing your ignorance of football. 

1 hour ago, kiwi1691 said:

Any manager who plays Kante as a destroyer should be sacked. 

Kante is a B2B midfielder. At Leicester he played as a B2B beside Drinkwater the DMF, when he came here Kante played the same role, with Matic as the DMF. The thing that makes Kante great is his engine, hence why he excels as a B2B. If you think that Kante is playing poorly, you are showing your ignorance of football. 

Totally a matter of opinion, but for once I will fall back to majority rules (including many many professional pundits, ex players, managers, and journos, many extremely more knowledgeable than me)

who say he is not adapting all that well to his new role

so no, I am not ignorant of football

I find it problematic,in the very least, that to even talk about trying out a MF without Kante for even one game is taken as heresy here by some

I don't do blind idol worship, sorry

Off topic, but just going to share my current thoughts:

Kante has been a good player to hold our side together while we have been severely lacking in other areas. If he wants to move on and we're going to use the money to sign more attackers and fullbacks, CBs, etc., etc., then so be it. 

What has been bizarre to me personally, as an American who doesn't have 4 decades of watching European football in my past, is how there haven't been more Didier Drogbas at the top level of European football. There are players I like (Hazard, Kante and others), but I would like Chelsea to find an indomitable CF again someday.

58 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Kante has been a good player to hold our side together while we have been severely lacking in other areas. If he wants to move on and we're going to use the money to sign more attackers and fullbacks, CBs, etc., etc., then so be it. 

Kante is still a vital part of the team. If Chelsea were to sell him, we would be in deep trouble.