test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

786 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I still will never understand the buy of drinkwater. 

Unless Conte really wanted him. 

I don't think anybody understood why we signed him I'm sure leicester laughed at us for giving them £35m for him I'll be very shocked if we get £20m for him 

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fernando said:

I still will never understand the buy of drinkwater. 

Unless Conte really wanted him. 

 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

I don't think anybody understood why we signed him I'm sure leicester laughed at us for giving them £35m for him I'll be very shocked if we get £20m for him 

He was a panic buy. Bought on deadline day because we only had 3 midfielders. Fabregas, Kante and Bakayoko.

manpe likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

 

He was a panic buy. Bought on deadline day because we only had 3 midfielders. Fabregas, Kante and Bakayoko.

After Ox looked like it was going to happen, but went to Liverpool, and he needed to be English.

Ox would be really good in this midfield we have right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The loan cap makes sense. Most these players either will never make it or never get the chance to make it with us. So seems pointless. If they have no future here send them on. For their sake. Otherwise just loan loan loan oh they've had enough and moved on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

 

He was a panic buy. Bought on deadline day because we only had 3 midfielders. Fabregas, Kante and Bakayoko.

What a difference year makes :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, manpe said:

Nail, meet head. Just another name in the "Papy list". He was available and we prolly needed somebody HG. His previous partnership with Kante prolly also played some role in the board's thinking. But ultimately it was just a panic cash splash because we fucked around penny-pinching serious targets, as always. What is worse than the 35m price tag, is his wage... Desperate as FUCK.

Addendum: We sold Matic and replaced him with Bakayoko too. I want to cry. I'm not sure the board even realize how much they fucked up with those transfers, because history shows they don't ever learn from their mistakes.

I wish we would have went for Lewis Cook, if we absolutely had to have a British CMF. 7 years younger, far cheaper, and a decent player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

The loan cap makes sense. Most these players either will never make it or never get the chance to make it with us. So seems pointless. If they have no future here send them on. For their sake. Otherwise just loan loan loan oh they've had enough and moved on. 

I think 12 to15 is a more reasonable number. I do agree 40 is insane, but winding down to only 6 (or even 8) will be a nightmare for us.

So much of our revenue is based off the loan army. I fear our board will just make an absolute mess of the wind-down too. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, the wes said:

Maurizio Sarri says midfielders Danny Drinkwater, 28, and Victor Moses, 27, are not part of his plans. (Evening Standard)

Get them out asap.

Also regarding the loans, it's the right thing to do, not only a problem for us but many teams but if people want PL teams to bring youngsters through its only logical step. Also means we will have to sell but makes us money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

 

Wouldn't Hiddink beat that? Or do they not count returning as a "start"?

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Get them out asap.

Also regarding the loans, it's the right thing to do, not only a problem for us but many teams but if people want PL teams to bring youngsters through its only logical step. Also means we will have to sell but makes us money.

I disagree, a cap for over 21's yes but 21 and under should be unlimited, some players will now be wasting away in the academy when they could be out gaining crucial experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wouldn't Hiddink beat that? Or do they not count returning as a "start"?

Opta stated there "FIRST 11 Premier League games...".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, the wes said:

Maurizio Sarri says midfielders Danny Drinkwater, 28, and Victor Moses, 27, are not part of his plans. (Evening Standard)

They should have been sold this past summer!

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wouldn't Hiddink beat that? Or do they not count returning as a "start"?

I disagree, a cap for over 21's yes but 21 and under should be unlimited, some players will now be wasting away in the academy when they could be out gaining crucial experience.

It means the club's have to play them though or they will lose them. I think B teams still need to be introduced to bridge the gap between academy and PL standards.

Loaning guys over 21 years for me is quite pointless unless it's an exceptional circumstance like say they've had a year out with injuries similar to Marco and Kurts loan deals in the past after they did their ACLs to get regular minutes and continuity. 

Guys aged 21 or more should be in the squad for me because youd think they'd be at a good level to compete and offer something. This is an issue all over the PL, guys like Andreas Pereira at United went to Valencia although was definitely at a good enough level to play at United when you consider they were using a lesser player like Scott McTominay regularly.

Fair enough some footballers develop later than others but 9 times out of 10 , you'd expect somebody who comes through the academy at a club to be good enough to compete for first team football at 21 at one of these club's, wouldn't you? Or at least you'd hope. 

I look at Ajax, guys like Frenkie de Jong and Matthias de Ligt. When these guys are say 23 theyll be ready to play for elite clubs like Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus week in week out and will go on and have hugely impressive careers. Here they'd be loaned out and still probably never end up making it here because the loan system for me is more a business than an actual pathway to the first team. Look at how many players we've loaned out and sold for profit. Losing the amount of guys we can loan out as a business tool as opposed to a pathway to bringing young guys through is probably more of an issue for Chelsea and that's the harsh reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason said:

 

Let’s not forget, Klopp and Pep are equalling this stat too, not just Sarri.

 

Unless they are talking about the only NEW PL manager to have this unbeaten start...

 

EDIT: OK it has to be. Wenger did the invincibles after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Let’s not forget, Klopp and Pep are equalling this stat too, not just Sarri.

 

Unless they are talking about the only NEW PL manager to have this unbeaten start...

 

EDIT: OK it has to be. Wenger did the invincibles after all.

Yes. EPL rookie managers.

Mana and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

It means the club's have to play them though or they will lose them. I think B teams still need to be introduced to bridge the gap between academy and PL standards.

Loaning guys over 21 years for me is quite pointless unless it's an exceptional circumstance like say they've had a year out with injuries similar to Marco and Kurts loan deals in the past after they did their ACLs to get regular minutes and continuity. 

Guys aged 21 or more should be in the squad for me because youd think they'd be at a good level to compete and offer something. This is an issue all over the PL, guys like Andreas Pereira at United went to Valencia although was definitely at a good enough level to play at United when you consider they were using a lesser player like Scott McTominay regularly.

Fair enough some footballers develop later than others but 9 times out of 10 , you'd expect somebody who comes through the academy at a club to be good enough to compete for first team football at 21 at one of these club's, wouldn't you? Or at least you'd hope. 

I look at Ajax, guys like Frenkie de Jong and Matthias de Ligt. When these guys are say 23 theyll be ready to play for elite clubs like Bayern, Barca, Real, Juventus week in week out and will go on and have hugely impressive careers. Here they'd be loaned out and still probably never end up making it here because the loan system for me is more a business than an actual pathway to the first team. Look at how many players we've loaned out and sold for profit. Losing the amount of guys we can loan out as a business tool as opposed to a pathway to bringing young guys through is probably more of an issue for Chelsea and that's the harsh reality.

De Ligt is already at starting level for any team on the planet IMHO. He bossed Bayern Munich like they were tin soldiers. De Jong is close as well.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mana said:

Let’s not forget, Klopp and Pep are equalling this stat too, not just Sarri.

 

Unless they are talking about the only NEW PL manager to have this unbeaten start...

 

EDIT: OK it has to be. Wenger did the invincibles after all.

And Conte WON 13 in a row.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 6:26 AM, Jason said:

Not having issue with Sarri's rotation but more so with his player-position selection. To him, it's Jorginho/Fabregas, Kovacic/Barkley/Loftus-Cheek and Kante. We know he wants a deep lying playmaker in his midfield trio but is he THAT rigid that he can't even switch it up some times? Is there really only one way to play Sarriball? Can't he play Kante in DM and Barkley and Kovacic ahead of him. Think I've seen this discussion take place in the forum but feel like his rigidity will cost us games and/or players somewhere down the line. 

Kante cannot play as dm, in this system. I think people forget what happen last year when we play 352 with kante as holder. 

The problem with sarri is very simple. He does not trust Kovacic, rlc, Barkley defensively hence he always try to play kante. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.