Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

It looks like he is trying to get his head around the 1 good season then one bad season - GOOD LUCK MATE!

Eden Hazard told to push himself by Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri in shock response to midweek wondergoal

Blues' new manager calls brilliant Belgian a "unique genius" but says he could improve as much as 30% by working harder

“The history of this club is a little bit strange: 2014/15, I think 87 points. 2015/16, 50 points. That's very strange, with the same coach and the same group.

“Then 93 points (in 2016/17), then 70 points last season with the same coach and group.

“So the numbers of this group are a little bit strange. I need to understand why. I am studying. I think that these numbers tell us something. I don't know what, at the moment. But I want to understand and I want to help my players to be at the same level.

“Maybe if you are lucky or unlucky, you can gain 85 points or 80, but the difference in one season is 43 points! I have to understand why. Then, if I am able to do it, I have to help my players be at the same level for a long period.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eden-hazard-told-pull-finger-13326784

Maurizio Sarri: Chelsea are closer to Liverpool’s level than he thought

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/maurizio-sarri-chelsea-are-closer-to-liverpools-level-than-he-thought/

After Chelsea drew with Liverpool on Saturday, Maurizio Sarri believes his side are a lot closer to Liverpool and Manchester City’s level than he originally thought.

‘I think also that we are more close than I thought’

Speaking after the game with Liverpool, Sarri stated:

“I think they are a step forward, but I think also that we are more close than I thought one week ago.

“[To finish] in the first two for me it’s very difficult, because City and Liverpool are a step forward to us. But I can think we can fight for the [Champions League].

“Here it’s very difficult to arrive in the first four. There are six or seven top teams, top in Europe, not only in England, so it’s not easy to get into the Champions League. We have to try of course, and we have to try to stay very close in the table to the top level teams, and we have to improve more.

“I’m disappointed because they scored in the last minutes, but at the end I’m really very happy with the performance, and also [because] the draw maybe is the right result.

“The match was wonderful.”

snip

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

“I’m disappointed because they scored in the last minutes

This is what all of us think I am sure.

Did Sarri just say these things for some reason or does he really think it?

He is obviously not a manager that plays the blame game or to diss players publicly he thinks needs upgrading but I  will be interested to see what players HE gets linked with in 3 months.

Roll on New Years Day. Hopefully it will be a Happy Blue NewYear!

And lets hope Eden gives us a nice Xmas prezzy!

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Indeed mate, also David Luiz's comments after the match are encouraging. Said Sarri wants them to be happy when they are on the pitch because football is fun and they are privileged to have one of the best jobs in this world. This is a manager that works hard through enjoyable drills and pleasant football, gone are the days when Hazard had to play left back and take care of fucking Robert Snodgrass or God knows who other bang average winger just because the manager could not go out of his comfort zone and in the modern era of football still played/plays dinosaur tactics. 

Look at this team of ours now - a midfield of Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Barkley, Fabregas. No tall, rigid midfielders, just ballers because this is what modern football is about. Compare this to Matic, Fellaini, Herrera, Fred. My God we were fooled into thinking football is all about having enforcers all over the pitch and every match is like WW2. Hell fucking no mate and I am glad we have a manager that not only gives us an identity now, but will surely change the 'rigid, park the bus' image Chelsea have as a club and makes sure we never go back to Mourinho type of managers. 

But I think also that English football is evolving too towards the more technical,fast game instead of the big boot up the pitch. So the players have changed to suit it. Or would that be the other way round?

We made a start in Conte year 1 where we also played some of the best football I had seen us play for years.

Ive said it before but its amazing to think that Sarri has been with us for such a short tim wheras Peps had 2 years and Klopps had 3 plus theyve had muliple transfer windows to bring in the players they need to play their styles of football.

We are by no means a finished article and we need positions upgrading if we are serious about wanting to be real contenders in the PL AND of course the CL. But how much will we have changed by this time next season let alone 2 or 3 if Roman is content with how we are going.

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We are by no means a finished article and we need positions upgrading if we are serious about wanting to be real contenders in the PL AND of course the CL. 

If we dont get a striker soon, and a RW if Pedro isnt going to start almost every league match and all hard cup ties, then we can forget about winning shit, and really may have trouble qualifying for CL next year, which deffo seals Hazard leaving.

I am down to a laser focus on CF, RW, and Hazard contract/sake situ. Those 3 are clear and present dangers to the future of the team, along with the brewing ownership nightmare.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

If we dont get a striker soon, and a RW if Pedro isnt going to start almost every league match and all hard cup ties, then we can forget about winning shit, and really may have trouble qualifying for CL next year, which deffo seals Hazard leaving.

I am down to a laser focus on CF, RW, and Hazard contract/sake situ. Those 3 are clear and present dangers to the future of the team, along with the brewing ownership nightmare.

Wouldn't that mean giving Kovacic back?I see your reasoning but  I'd prefer to overpay if necessary for a guy up front cause right now we have 2 thats offering us no goals no matter how hard they try. So my main goals are same but gimme a striker instead.

But saying that IF the chance of a WC CF was to happen then of course I wouldn't  say no. Its all about the team not individuals no matter how much we might like them.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Wouldn't that mean giving Kovacic back?I see your reasoning but  I'd prefer to overpay if necessary for a guy up front cause right now we have 2 thats offering us no goals no matter how hard they try. So my main goals are same but gimme a striker instead.

But saying that IF the chance of a WC CF was to happen then of course I wouldn't  say no. Its all about the team not individuals no matter how much we might like them.

Why would any of that mean no Kovacic? I hope it is a given we try like hell to buy him on a perm basis. At Least we have him to play, and at least he wants to stay (if Real sells him)

The other issues are far worse (unless RM pulls Kova back), as we have no remotely acceptable striker, nor a WC RW, and I just have a terrible feeling Hazard wont renew. I think he looks at it as even a 3 year extension takes him to 32/33yo (and thus not in prime anymore) in the first year with a new team, if he left after the end of the extension.A full 5 year NEW deal would mean he would be 34/35 in first post Chelsea year.That's basically USA/China cash in age (or a year away from it) It basically locks him into Chelsea for his entire career peak years. I just get the feeling that bothers him.

Chelsea players are all getting on... and it's down to THIS Maurizio Sarri addition

CHELSEA players are all getting on so well for one reason, according to former Blues defender Frank Sinclair.

“I would have thought, it would have taken a lot longer for the team to settle and play the way that he wanted them to play.

“I watched a lot of the Napoli side play last season in Serie A and [Chelsea] are not far off of it and I believe with better players as well.”

"A big thing for me about being contenders over a championship season is the spirit between the players,”

“It’s all well and good having great players in your side but they have to have the chemistry and the spirit about them that makes them become a winning group of players.

“I also think a clever move was bringing Gianfranco Zola back to the club because I think it got a lot of people on his side straight away because he’s a favourite of the club.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1025388/Chelsea-players-getting-on-down-THIS-Maurizio-Sarri-addition

14 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Indeed mate, also David Luiz's comments after the match are encouraging. Said Sarri wants them to be happy when they are on the pitch because football is fun and they are privileged to have one of the best jobs in this world. This is a manager that works hard through enjoyable drills and pleasant football, gone are the days when Hazard had to play left back and take care of fucking Robert Snodgrass or God knows who other bang average winger just because the manager could not go out of his comfort zone and in the modern era of football still played/plays dinosaur tactics. 

Look at this team of ours now - a midfield of Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Barkley, Fabregas. No tall, rigid midfielders, just ballers because this is what modern football is about. Compare this to Matic, Fellaini, Herrera, Fred. My God we were fooled into thinking football is all about having enforcers all over the pitch and every match is like WW2. Hell fucking no mate and I am glad we have a manager that not only gives us an identity now, but will surely change the 'rigid, park the bus' image Chelsea have as a club and makes sure we never go back to Mourinho type of managers. 

Haha, agree with your post in general, but a team full of enforcers can also be equally dangerous.

I'm just glad there are no quality enforcers of the likes of Essien, Vidal, Makalele or Ballack in any of the other teams. The only one that's close is Kante and he's with us.