test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

789 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Indeed mate, also David Luiz's comments after the match are encouraging. Said Sarri wants them to be happy when they are on the pitch because football is fun and they are privileged to have one of the best jobs in this world. This is a manager that works hard through enjoyable drills and pleasant football, gone are the days when Hazard had to play left back and take care of fucking Robert Snodgrass or God knows who other bang average winger just because the manager could not go out of his comfort zone and in the modern era of football still played/plays dinosaur tactics. 

Look at this team of ours now - a midfield of Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Barkley, Fabregas. No tall, rigid midfielders, just ballers because this is what modern football is about. Compare this to Matic, Fellaini, Herrera, Fred. My God we were fooled into thinking football is all about having enforcers all over the pitch and every match is like WW2. Hell fucking no mate and I am glad we have a manager that not only gives us an identity now, but will surely change the 'rigid, park the bus' image Chelsea have as a club and makes sure we never go back to Mourinho type of managers. 

But I think also that English football is evolving too towards the more technical,fast game instead of the big boot up the pitch. So the players have changed to suit it. Or would that be the other way round?

We made a start in Conte year 1 where we also played some of the best football I had seen us play for years.

Ive said it before but its amazing to think that Sarri has been with us for such a short tim wheras Peps had 2 years and Klopps had 3 plus theyve had muliple transfer windows to bring in the players they need to play their styles of football.

We are by no means a finished article and we need positions upgrading if we are serious about wanting to be real contenders in the PL AND of course the CL. But how much will we have changed by this time next season let alone 2 or 3 if Roman is content with how we are going.

Johnnyeye and petre.ispirescu like this

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We are by no means a finished article and we need positions upgrading if we are serious about wanting to be real contenders in the PL AND of course the CL. 

If we dont get a striker soon, and a RW if Pedro isnt going to start almost every league match and all hard cup ties, then we can forget about winning shit, and really may have trouble qualifying for CL next year, which deffo seals Hazard leaving.

I am down to a laser focus on CF, RW, and Hazard contract/sake situ. Those 3 are clear and present dangers to the future of the team, along with the brewing ownership nightmare.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

If we dont get a striker soon, and a RW if Pedro isnt going to start almost every league match and all hard cup ties, then we can forget about winning shit, and really may have trouble qualifying for CL next year, which deffo seals Hazard leaving.

I am down to a laser focus on CF, RW, and Hazard contract/sake situ. Those 3 are clear and present dangers to the future of the team, along with the brewing ownership nightmare.

Wouldn't that mean giving Kovacic back?I see your reasoning but  I'd prefer to overpay if necessary for a guy up front cause right now we have 2 thats offering us no goals no matter how hard they try. So my main goals are same but gimme a striker instead.

But saying that IF the chance of a WC CF was to happen then of course I wouldn't  say no. Its all about the team not individuals no matter how much we might like them.

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Wouldn't that mean giving Kovacic back?I see your reasoning but  I'd prefer to overpay if necessary for a guy up front cause right now we have 2 thats offering us no goals no matter how hard they try. So my main goals are same but gimme a striker instead.

But saying that IF the chance of a WC CF was to happen then of course I wouldn't  say no. Its all about the team not individuals no matter how much we might like them.

Why would any of that mean no Kovacic? I hope it is a given we try like hell to buy him on a perm basis. At Least we have him to play, and at least he wants to stay (if Real sells him)

The other issues are far worse (unless RM pulls Kova back), as we have no remotely acceptable striker, nor a WC RW, and I just have a terrible feeling Hazard wont renew. I think he looks at it as even a 3 year extension takes him to 32/33yo (and thus not in prime anymore) in the first year with a new team, if he left after the end of the extension.A full 5 year NEW deal would mean he would be 34/35 in first post Chelsea year.That's basically USA/China cash in age (or a year away from it) It basically locks him into Chelsea for his entire career peak years. I just get the feeling that bothers him.

Johnnyeye and Unionjack like this

Chelsea players are all getting on... and it's down to THIS Maurizio Sarri addition

CHELSEA players are all getting on so well for one reason, according to former Blues defender Frank Sinclair.

“I would have thought, it would have taken a lot longer for the team to settle and play the way that he wanted them to play.

“I watched a lot of the Napoli side play last season in Serie A and [Chelsea] are not far off of it and I believe with better players as well.”

"A big thing for me about being contenders over a championship season is the spirit between the players,”

“It’s all well and good having great players in your side but they have to have the chemistry and the spirit about them that makes them become a winning group of players.

“I also think a clever move was bringing Gianfranco Zola back to the club because I think it got a lot of people on his side straight away because he’s a favourite of the club.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1025388/Chelsea-players-getting-on-down-THIS-Maurizio-Sarri-addition

Johnnyeye likes this

14 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Indeed mate, also David Luiz's comments after the match are encouraging. Said Sarri wants them to be happy when they are on the pitch because football is fun and they are privileged to have one of the best jobs in this world. This is a manager that works hard through enjoyable drills and pleasant football, gone are the days when Hazard had to play left back and take care of fucking Robert Snodgrass or God knows who other bang average winger just because the manager could not go out of his comfort zone and in the modern era of football still played/plays dinosaur tactics. 

Look at this team of ours now - a midfield of Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Barkley, Fabregas. No tall, rigid midfielders, just ballers because this is what modern football is about. Compare this to Matic, Fellaini, Herrera, Fred. My God we were fooled into thinking football is all about having enforcers all over the pitch and every match is like WW2. Hell fucking no mate and I am glad we have a manager that not only gives us an identity now, but will surely change the 'rigid, park the bus' image Chelsea have as a club and makes sure we never go back to Mourinho type of managers. 

Haha, agree with your post in general, but a team full of enforcers can also be equally dangerous.

I'm just glad there are no quality enforcers of the likes of Essien, Vidal, Makalele or Ballack in any of the other teams. The only one that's close is Kante and he's with us.

Johnnyeye likes this

https://www.football-italia.net/129263/sarri-hazard-and-chelsea-can-grow

“The whole Sarriball thing amuses me. I don’t go on social media, but I did see the fans post these videos with the most passes. If I have to be honest, the Chelsea fans aren’t even sure what Sarriball means. They invented this term, pronounce it all in one word and carry on. It’s very funny.

“It’s a dream to be here. I walked into Stamford Bridge and hear this shout: ‘Mauriziooooooo!’ Then the chants, it makes you want to pinch yourself. They usually do that for those who have won, but what have I won? I couldn’t believe it.”

Sarri is known for being a workaholic who focuses on every tiny detail in his match preparation.

“My working day usually lasts from 9am to 7pm, then two hours of viewing time for myself. It’s like a religion. I got a house 10 minutes from here, in Effingham, so they lock me up in my hermitic seal and if they knock, I don’t answer the door. I am immersed in my world.

“I achieved this almost at the age of 60. I don’t need to thank anyone other than those who cared for me, supported me and understood me, but not those who tried to exploit me.

“I spent my time in Serie C, that’s a league that grinds you down and spits you out.”

How has Sarri adapted to the change in cuisine coming to England?

“The meat is very good here, it is becoming a pleasing habit to change from fish. They cook chicken wonderfully. The priority was always getting the language right.”

Chelsea will allow Maurizio Sarri to handle any internal disciplinary action against assistant coach Marco Ianni, Sky Sports News understands.

Johnnyeye likes this

Sarri appraisal-

Defence is a bit iffy at times, but Rudiger is the dogs bollocks. Jorginho is so creative going forward but gets roughed up when defending. We have the worlds best defensive midfielder playing a vital role more forward, so that exposes the defence. Good centre forward and CFC are serious league contenders this time round. If no one bought in January then the last thing needed will be injuries

Couple of months in its all seems to be a work in progress but it has hit the ground running.

Johnnyeye likes this

The United game is a reminder of Arsenal 2011. Pretty tippy tappy, several of our players bullied, all smoke - no fire, most possession, no win. 

If it wasn't for that last second equaliser, we would be sitting 5th by now. We failed to beat the weakest of the top 6 at our home turf.

And I can't stop thinking of, what if CHO/Pedro played instead of bloody Willian? What if Giroud started instead of the donkey?

Sarri made some errors before the kick off with that line up. Big time. Although we can continue to point fingers at Morata, Alonso and Willian, you have to also for this game point a finger at Sarri.

Playing the same rubbish players and not giving some of the youth a try out. We could have surprised Mourinho and he wouldn't know what to do.

Vesper, lucio and Johnnyeye like this