Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

11 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Fuck em mate. a8500b03f6eb91c03d4c2b4af8f3f2b5.gif

Klopp,Poch and Pep had bloody allot longer to sort their lot out than Sarri has.

I dont think any of us are naive enough to think we would go thru the season without some bumps and bruises. Each games a lesson and as long as the lads learn from losses (and we lose with style and not giving in) then we take whats coming to us and make it harder for the bastards the next time. a2d9a04f9ad17af040ffdf3352879693.gif

I never imagined we would play like this again so I'm just happy to watch them right now. 10d40dc3e8eb6f034d928068c06c3402.gif 82a893d86cef81b195270929ef12070a.gif

Lpool has serious depth issues, I am convinced (they will fix it by end of next summer window I am sure)

They have probably the best CB tandem in EPL now that Gomez has exploded (I think he is their POTM)

BUT after them it is a huge drop off, as Dejan Lovren and Matip are their ONLY other CB's

LB they are fucked if Andrew Robertson goes down,as Moreno is even worse that Alonso defensively, and if they have to pull out Gomez and play him at LB, they are then not only way weaker at CB, BUT have only ONE backup CB, one.

Starting MF is great (Keita is a MONSTER), BUT Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain out for the year and then Fabinho being a bust (so far) again creates depth issues. Henderson looked terrible yesterday, and Adam Lallana (one of my least favourite English national team players, I must disclose) has really went downhill. They need Fabinho to come good badly, as those 2 are their only backups if he isn't on the squad.

On the 2 wings, they are truly world class (Mane,Salah) at starter, but only RW backup is Xherdan Shaqiri, and they have NO backup at LW.

Striker is the same, Firmino is a beast, but a drop off with Sturridge,then a huge drop off in Solanke (lolol, so glad we dumped him). Divock Origi is a wild card. Overall striker is not nearly as bad depth wise as their back 4, MF (unless Fabinho gets it together) and their wingers.

GK (like most teams), they have bad number two option, Mignolet, who Klopp ripped a new asshole in public recently, lololol.

Deffo the scousers are not as deep as Barca, RM, Shitty, Juve, Bayern, AM, or PSG, which are the only other teams that can win CL, IMHO.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Lpool has serious depth issues, I am convinced (they will fix it by end of next summer window I am sure)

They have probably the best CB tandem in EPL now that Gomez has exploded (I think he is their POTM)

BUT after them it is a huge drop off, as Dejan Lovren and Matip are their ONLY other CB's

LB they are fucked if Andrew Robertson goes down,as Moreno is even worse that Alonso defensively, and if they have to pull out Gomez and play him at LB, they are then not only way weaker at CB, BUT have only ONE backup CB, one.

Starting MF is great (Keita is a MONSTER), BUT Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain out for the year and then Fabinho being a bust (so far) again creates depth issues. Henderson looked terrible yesterday, and Adam Lallana (one of my least favourite English national team players, I must disclose) has really went downhill. They need Fabinho to come good badly, as those 2 are their only backups if he isn't on the squad.

On the 2 wings, they are truly world class (Mane,Salah) at starter, but only RW backup is Xherdan Shaqiri, and they have NO backup at LW.

Striker is the same, Firmino is a beast, but a drop off with Sturridge,then a huge drop off in Solanke (lolol, so glad we dumped him). Divock Origi is a wild card. Overall striker is not nearly as bad depth wise as their back 4, MF (unless Fabinho gets it together) and their wingers.

GK (like most teams), they have bad number two option, Mignolet, who Klopp ripped a new asshole in public recently, lololol.

Deffo the scousers are not as deep as Barca, RM, Shitty, Juve, Bayern, AM, or PSG, which are the only other teams that can win CL, IMHO.

I would rather we play them on a bad rotation day till we are up to speed till we can play them on a level playing field.

But when we have had some practice behind us I'd like to play them at their strongest as there's no pride in beating a team when they don't put out their best players IMO.

29 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I would rather we play them on a bad rotation day till we are up to speed till we can play them on a level playing field.

But when we have had some practice behind us I'd like to play them at their strongest as there's no pride in beating a team when they don't put out their best players IMO.

I absolutely think we can beat those scouser cunts. I think we can beat any team, on our day. Obviously we, as you said, will have some bumps, but we have a shit tonne of great pieces already and I am 1000000000% in on Sarri, i think he is a fucking genius.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:13 PM, Vesper said:

I absolutely think we can beat those scouser cunts. I think we can beat any team, on our day. Obviously we, as you said, will have some bumps, but we have a shit tonne of great pieces already and I am 1000000000% in on Sarri, i think he is a fucking genius.

There was like an electricity in the stands in early Conte year 1 and I feel it now.

Dont know why the Pikeys tickets aren't on sale yet

EDIT :::::::: TICKETS ON SALE FROM 7AM 4/8/18

So far, that's two opponent teams in succession that have decided to drop back and form a wall in front of their goal.

We've managed to break them down in both occasions, albeit with some risk on counters.

Wonder whether other small teams will try to adopt a similar approach or try something different.

'Nick MillerESPN.com writer

Victory of the weekend

Mauricio Sarri's predicted date of around October for his Chelsea team to start looking like his Chelsea team is still a while away, but they've now won their first four games and sit level top of the table.

Winning while the squad familiarise themselves with Sarri's methods is obviously good in the short-term, but it's useful for him in the long-term too. If they're collecting three points as Sarri is shaping them the players will, logically speaking, be more likely to trust him and his methods, and thus take on board what he's saying. A successful work-in-progress should mean that the finished product is all the better.

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

'Nick MillerESPN.com writer

Victory of the weekend

Mauricio Sarri's predicted date of around October for his Chelsea team to start looking like his Chelsea team is still a while away, but they've now won their first four games and sit level top of the table.

Winning while the squad familiarise themselves with Sarri's methods is obviously good in the short-term, but it's useful for him in the long-term too. If they're collecting three points as Sarri is shaping them the players will, logically speaking, be more likely to trust him and his methods, and thus take on board what he's saying. A successful work-in-progress should mean that the finished product is all the better.

I think we are about as inch perfect as we could have possibly expected to be after round 4, given the lack of moves overall, the players that remain, and especially the ones who start (you know my least favourites). I think we will only get better, in terms of cohesive play. Obviously we will take some hits, but that is well nigh impossible to avoid, it's not like we are playing in the Scottish Premiership or Liga NOS, lolol.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

We hate Liverpool so it's normal to think we can beat Klopp easy on our day. Let's not forget, until our last meeting we failed to beat Klopp's Liverpool on every turn and we beat them last season because they had their eyes on the Champions League.

We are meeting Liverpool back to back this month (EFL Away, PL Home). I just don't see us beating them back to back, by the way they are playing at the moment.

Our defense is still shaky and naive, and they have deadly forwards of Salah, Firmino and Mane that will punish our defense. Look what Arsenal did against us. We could have a chance getting a result at Anfield if they don't use their main strikeforce due to EFL Cup.

Liverpool's defense has improved, they only conceded 1 goal so far. They are a finished product, we are a work in progress. They are one of the two favourites to win the league. Until our defense issues are sorted, don't be super confident we will beat these lot.

They are only a finished product when they play all or most of their starters. Large drop-offs at CB, LB, MF (unless Fabinho comes good), RW (as Xherdan Shaqiri is oki, but is no Salah) LW (they have no b/u LW) and CF when the starters don't play.

Hopefully they rest some.

hahaha Poor old ADL eh He got what he wanted tho.

Over-rotating Napoli go from one extreme to the other

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-italy-sam-nap/over-rotating-napoli-go-from-one-extreme-to-the-other-idUKKCN1LJ1BW?rpc=401&

Here's why Carlo Ancelotti has a big task on his hands at Napoli

AMAZING back heel goal

https://www.thesackrace.com/news/4th-september-2018/heres-why-carlo-ancelotti-has-a-big-task-on-his-hands-at-napoli

Players we will be without to keep up the training

The Spaniards: Kepa, Azpilicueta, Alonso and Morata

The Italians: Jorginho, Zappacosta and Emerson

The Frenchmen: Kante and Giroud

The German: Rudiger

The Belgian: Hazard

The Croatian: Kovacic

The Brazilian: Willian

The Dane: Christensen

The Welshman: Ampadu

The English: Loftus-Cheek

So basically we are left with Pedro and Luiz out of the main starters. Might as well give them a couple of days off.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Players we will be without to keep up the training

The Spaniards: Kepa, Azpilicueta, Alonso and Morata

The Italians: Jorginho, Zappacosta and Emerson

The Frenchmen: Kante and Giroud

The German: Rudiger

The Belgian: Hazard

The Croatian: Kovacic

The Brazilian: Willian

The Dane: Christensen

The Welshman: Ampadu

The English: Loftus-Cheek

So basically we are left with Pedro and Luiz out of the main starters. Might as well give them a couple of days off.

I think it will be better for the bench/back-up players to be able to train with a couple of the players who are more used to the system.  (edit:  I just realized that there are no fullbacks at Cobham)

I'm actually really intrigued to see the first League Cup match (assuming that Jorginho would be rested).  I'm really curious to see what this team looks like without Jorginho on the pitch directing the traffic.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think it will be better for the bench/back-up players to be able to train with a couple of the players who are more used to the system.  (edit:  I just realized that there are no fullbacks at Cobham)

I'm actually really intrigued to see the first League Cup match (assuming that Jorginho would be rested).  I'm really curious to see what this team looks like without Jorginho on the pitch directing the traffic.

What I would do would be play Mat K in Jorgis place and play Barkley in his. Mat K has a good passing range, can dribble till the cows come home and good defender. Should manage the job quite well

I didn't know where else to post this as theres no general thread in the current players section.

Its strange not to have a squad photo. Hopefully we can get around to do one soon

For the first time in recent memory, if perhaps for the first time ever since the introduction of the homegrown rule, Chelsea have a full complement of 8 homegrown players alongside the 17 non-homegrown ones (or 9 and 16, if for some reason the Premier League is actually correct in their designation of Piazon as homegrown).

25 Squad players (*Home grown)

Alonso Mendoza, Marcos
Arrizabalaga Revuelta, Kepa
Azpilicueta Tanco, Cesar
Barkley, Ross*
Borges Da Silva, Willian
Caballero Lazcano, Wilfredo Daniel
Cahill, Gary James*
Christensen, Andreas Bodtker*
Drinkwater, Daniel Noel*
Fabregas Soler, Francesc*
Giroud, Olivier