Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

We have to improve in this area to play better against teams who play defensive, compact and narrow like newcastle. The only way is to stretch parked buses is by using the fullbacks to provide width and provide crosses like marcelo and carvajal do for madrid, Alba and roberto do for barca, Mendy and walker do for ManCity, Robertson and Alex Arnold do for liverpool.

DlnRPuEU8AAVUlP.jpg

We might not have an own goal to bail us out next time. So I hope sarri is working on this.

8 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

We have to improve in this area to play better against teams who play defensive, compact and narrow like newcastle. The only way is to stretch parked buses is by using the fullbacks to provide width and provide crosses like marcelo and carvajal do for madrid, Alba and roberto do for barca, Mendy and walker do for ManCity, Robertson and Alex Arnold do for liverpool.

DlnRPuEU8AAVUlP.jpg

We might not have an own goal to bail us out next time. So I hope sarri is working on this.

Is that Azpi playing as bac 3,then he is in position where he is supposed to be 

14 minutes ago, communicate said:

Is that Azpi playing as bac 3,then he is in position where he is supposed to be 

Yeah, these journos don't really know how Sarri's system works.  I don't really blame them, everyone on this board spent months looking at every YouTube video/reading every article they could. 

I dont think we struggled breaking them.down..we had like 15 attempts, 9 shots on target. Pedro hat 3 golden chances..hazard 2 and 2 shots from.outside, morata blocked a goalbound shot from azpi, rüdiger hit the bar..even playing through the middle we created chances...just bad luck finishing and a bit of haste

And i dont like those screenshots. They are just moments in the game...cometely out of context..there were enough situations azpi went to the byline to cross..overall it was a textbook performance vs a deep block. Just an unnecesaary error fro Luiz, bad refereeing and bad finishing..otherwise it would have been a solid win no one would talk about afterwards

Bringing RLC to the bench and leaving Moses out of it was a class move. Even our first XI really seems the strongest one, with perfectly adjusting how much can Hazard and Kovačić play. Only concern is - should Emerson get more chances? But, when you look at that this way:

Let's say, in current situation, Alonso gets injured. Azpi switches to the left, Zappa to the right. If Azpi gets injured, Zappa comes instead, Alonso stays where he is. But, if we had Emerson on the bench... Azpi gets injured and we are fucked - neither Alonso or Emerson could play at his position.

I would really like to se more of Emerson as he is much better than Zappa, but this all just makes sense.

Really great management.

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Trying to find flaws in our team after one month and a half in charge for Sarri and a couple of official matches. Funny enough for me. I though Tuchel was the closest thing to Guardiola in world football, but the feeling now is that Sarri might just be that one. They (the pundits) I think they know that and after seeing Chelsea at Newcastle they expect us to play the same game as Guardiola, but they forget Sarri has been here for only a few weeks now. Of course defence is going to improve and full backs will split opposition wider, but it takes time. Too soon now to be talking why Azpilicueta does not do this, why Chelsea does not bring the game wider to spread defences etc. etc. etc. I said from the beginning, I expect Sarri's full signature on Chelsea to be clearly seen by the end of November. Everything that Chelsea play right now is just the signs of a superb work in progress and every win is a bonus before we truly kick off the season and go into matches as absolute favourites. 

Nice one!

TBH I'm a bit taken back at how well we have adjusted to Sarri. I know in Conte year 1 we adapted well to him but we already had the defense part down, iy just needed tweaking. Tho the lads did great in how well it went.

But its such a massive change FOR US to change our complete way of playing.

I was expecting us to give it a try half heartedly but taking awhile to get the basics and expected a mid table finish.

But its shown that we have the makings of a world beating team with some time and a couple of tweaks.

I'm excited and I just hope that the powers that be are watching and realize whats occurring.

16 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Trying to find flaws in our team after one month and a half in charge for Sarri and a couple of official matches. Funny enough for me. I though Tuchel was the closest thing to Guardiola in world football, but the feeling now is that Sarri might just be that one. They (the pundits) I think they know that and after seeing Chelsea at Newcastle they expect us to play the same game as Guardiola, but they forget Sarri has been here for only a few weeks now. Of course defence is going to improve and full backs will split opposition wider, but it takes time. Too soon now to be talking why Azpilicueta does not do this, why Chelsea does not bring the game wider to spread defences etc. etc. etc. I said from the beginning, I expect Sarri's full signature on Chelsea to be clearly seen by the end of November. Everything that Chelsea play right now is just the signs of a superb work in progress and every win is a bonus before we truly kick off the season and go into matches as absolute favourites. 

I agree with everything you said there we are never going to win the League this season it's about sarri rebuilding a team it even took pep a year to drill it into his players what way he wanted them to play sarri is going to need the same time I hope our board backs sarri the way city did with pep I feel we still need to sign more quality players to match city 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Great article

Yeah, it's pretty interesting.  Haven't seen anyone do stats like that (for teams).  You can see how far away our defence is from the finished article.

Also, the tempo may be there, but I think if they looked at things like key passes and xG, we'd still be off the mark.

Long way to go, but the article does echo how surprised/pleased I am with how far along we are.

Sarri will pick the new Chelsea captain after the international break

Will it be Dave? Eden? Or is there a dark horse candidate?

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/9/1/17807516/sarri-will-pick-the-new-chelsea-captain-after-the-international-break

I know Dave is our hearts choice and Eden would be a option that we would hope strive him on to do better things and sign his fuckin contract. But is he REALLY a captain that can shake the lads up when needed? Do we really think hes that character>

I might go for Jorgi boy myself. Hes fitted in great. In the center of everything and watch him always pointing out things that needs doing.