Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Is signing players not part of running a club or do we catch them with Poke balls? -_-

Part of running the club but hardly a huge thing in the overall scheme of things. Theres much more to a football club than just the footballing aspects. Even then a sporting director is a pointless position if the manager wants to deal with transfers. Hardly a huge sign of change is it if we change manager and get someone who wants to pick his own targets?

Part of running the club but hardly a huge thing in the overall scheme of things. Theres much more to a football club than just the footballing aspects. Even then a sporting director is a pointless position if the manager wants to deal with transfers. Hardly a huge sign of change is it if we change manager and get someone who wants to pick his own targets?
When was the last time a manager ws given the luxury of picking his own targets?

I'd prefer Cech to be involved in potential transfers than someone that hasn't a clue about the game.

Anyway, let's get back to the topic at hand.

54 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I just keep asking myself: if the club is looking at different names, how in the hell the press know who is the "leading" candidate? 

they probably arent looking at different names (if you mean juve) they have chosen Sarri IMO but cant do anything more until we release him.  Saying "range of names" is a generic response

If you mean us, then im still sure its Lampard

3 hours ago, Mana said:

And what makes you think there's going to be progress, fight and desire from Lampard's Chelsea? Once Ole's honeymoon period was over, he had 4 out of 6 losses (the other two were draws) the worst United run in decades (yes, he did worse than Moyes).

Real sacked their ex-players of Benitez, Solari and Lopetegui in a season (or less!) because of poor management. And they had the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Ramos etc!

Pep, Enrique and Zidane did well because they had WC players and were able to get the best out of them. You back these coaches with cash, and they'll most likely deliver (definitely with Pep anyway).

Lampard will not be backed with the transfer ban in place. 

He is throwing himself in to the deep end if he takes this job. He needs at least THREE class players (especially one in that defense). He works around them with his own system and then adds in youth.

He won't be able to do that, and we are relying on fecking Luiz to command the defense.

This is a big project, and because of this ban the project can't really begin. And Lampard will get the boot if he fails.

The club isn't ready for Lampard. You think I'm anti-Lampard, but I'm not. I'm protecting him from the disaster. Let the club get the right players first.

Ohh im not disagreeing with you.....I too dont think Lamps is ready. But as I said earlier it is what it is, me and you have zero power who comes in or not. I really believe we can get Simone if we push for it.....I would love that, he would get us instantly. Allegry I would like too.....with this ban we have 2 options: Get Lamps, let him do his shit, blood the youth in etc and see where we go. Or we go with the 2 I mentioned and see out this ban while still be hard to defeat and get that solid Chels back, yeah some call it boring pragtimism, but I for one dont.....and then back the man once the ban is lifted.

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Juve will pay it if he's the man they want, no doubt about it.

Juve are amongst the fucking biggest game playing cunts in world footie.

Only other ones who are remotely in the same league are unfortunately the other 3 twats we are also being force to deal with (or had to deal with last year), Real Madrid, Napoli, and Bayern. Hopefully CHO signs and Bayern can go ram schnitzel up their arse.

1 hour ago, shady4730 said:

in next days chelsea could offer a rich contract renewal to sarri

Why the fuck should we, that will be another blunder. He left the ship, on top of that he still has 1 year left, nahh no way....cant see it.

17 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Why the fuck should we, that will be another blunder. He left the ship, on top of that he still has 1 year left, nahh no way....cant see it.

3rd place finish?

League cup final?

Europa league winner?

Managed to achieve his objective?

More sensible to see out his contract and appoint Lampard in vs sack him now and get Lampard in?

I don't know, pick one you like best. 

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

3rd place finish?

League cup final?

Europa league winner?

Managed to achieve his objective?

More sensible to see out his contract and appoint Lampard in vs sack him now and get Lampard in?

I don't know, pick one you like best. 

Yeah but the dude is leaving on his own accord.....no reason to boost his contract, cuz the journey has been torrid. If he wanted to stay so be it. Lamps is too soon, im sure we would have better togtherness etc but EPL and CL is most likely too soon for him.

Insigne, quoted during an Italy press conference: 

“Sarri did so much for us players and all the Neapolitan people. He’s also a professional, but choosing Juve,  will hurt: it’ll be a betrayal for us Neapolitans once it becomes official”.