test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

516 posts in this topic

[Pre Match] Press Conference | Chelsea v Arsenal

On Injuries and if Kovacic can feature tomorrow

"Fabregas is out. I hope he will be able to play next week. Nothing serious but he has a very unusual injury. He has a pain around the knee but not in the knee."

On if he needs to manage Hazard differently given now that De Bruyne is injured
"I don't know I haven't seen the injury of De Bruyne. Players play a lot of games in this season so I think for them is very dangerous."

On if he is worried about hazard leaving "I've spoken a lot with him in the last 10 days and he has never said anything about that, I'm sure he'll be with us this season."

On Kante "I think Kante is very quick to be ready to play. He played very well in the last match. He is ready. But for the other players of the World Cup, it's a little bit different"

Arsenal found it difficult against Man City ...what did you make of them who are also in transition "I think Emery is a very good coach, he won 3 times the EL, he won in France and I think Arsenal will be competitive. They will be able to fight for position in Champions League."

On Morata

"I'm not worried about Morata. He is a very great player. I think at this moment he needs only to gain confidence. He's a great player. ... He needs to score as all the strikers in the world, but he needs to gain confidence. He's improving so I'm not worried about him"

On his first month here

"I think it's been difficult for all the big clubs. With the friendly matches - one in Australia one in Dublin, one in France it's been difficult but we have to work, we have to work. In two months we can be a very good team"

What do you think it'll be a successful season

"I think in this season there is a club above all other - Man City. I think we have to try to do out best, to reach the 101% percent of our potential. I don't know what can happen. My feeling is that we can be a very good team. We have to work to reduce the gap."

On Kovacic

"I think he'll be very useful for us. I don't think he's ready for 90 minutes, but maybe tomorrow for the first 30, for the last 30 minutes* he can be used. In my opinion, he's a very good player and he can improve even more"

On his position
"I think he can play in the 3 midfield spots. He's a very good offensive player"

sainttourist likes this

4 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

God, ADL won't stop talking:

Lying bastard! Its like hes been given the Spanish archer by some girlfriend!

6 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

That cunt De Laurentiis is trying to insert a permanent Chelsea transfer ban into Napoli contracts.

Elseid Hysaj agent keeping Chelsea option open for next summer

Wants a new contract and a release clause that doesn’t ban Chelsea

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/8/17/17724446/elseid-hysaj-agent-keeping-chelsea-option-open-for-next-summer

58 minutes ago, Vesper said:

That cunt De Laurentiis is trying to insert a permanent Chelsea transfer ban into Napoli contracts.

Elseid Hysaj agent keeping Chelsea option open for next summer

Wants a new contract and a release clause that doesn’t ban Chelsea

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/8/17/17724446/elseid-hysaj-agent-keeping-chelsea-option-open-for-next-summer

He's so crazy.  I have to admit, I admire some of it.  But, this whole "He didn't dump me, I dumped him.  Plus, he's shit in bed anyway" thing is quite pathetic.

yuvala likes this

17 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Wait and see Napoli finish 4th or 5th under Carlo haha he'll be begging for him to come back. I think hes a good coach but again, like when he replaced Pep at Bayern, not the correct sort of replacement in my eyes. Not as intense too much of a ok go do what you want guy, where as Sarri is a really intense coach. 

Sideshow Luiz and Johnnyeye like this

I can see that he's going to have to rotate his squad a lot this season.

The high intensity pressing is pretty draining, and when the entire team doesn't do it together, things fall apart, as it happened after 20 mins into the first half.. You could see Jorginho trying to get everyone to press in the first half, but sometimes to no avail.

With the number of matches we have, and the physicality of the league, I can see every squad member having a significant part to play.

Pedro was drenched at the end of the 90 mins.

Fernando and Johnnyeye like this

The tactics are coming into place. Both in the first half and second half the same tactics worked

That first 30 minutes was amazing. Absolutely amazing. 

We've had some great teams over the years, and probably a better collection of talent than the current lot, but as far as implementing our game plan and imposing ourselves on a game, we have never played better football that I've witnessed. The passing was crisp, sharp, and to the point. We were threatening right from the get go. The passing was vertical, and between the lines. We made them move as a defensive unit. It all just looked exactly the way it should. 

Really encouraging.