Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/maurizio-sarri-wants-to-stay-at-chelsea-but-only-if-the-club-back-him-cnbpgglkg

Maurizio Sarri will tell Chelsea that he wants stay at the club next season if they are prepared to give him their full backing.

Sarri will ask for assurances that Chelsea are ready to back his tactical approach and man-management methods.

Matt Hughes @MattHughesTimes
SeguirSeguir @MattHughesTimes
Mais

Maurizio Sarri wants to stay at #Chelsea, but will demand greater support if he remains in charge next season in talks with club hierarchy.

6 hours ago, Henrique said:

Even if I don't mind Lampard becoming the "coach", the rational feeling is: 

-Would you replace a manager that in his first season got a top 3 finish in PL, won Europa League humiliating Arsenal in the final and is wanted by Juventus, would you replace this guy for a guy that best job as manager is finishing 6th in Championship? 

That sums it up. That is how ridiculous the demand is. Truly astonishing logic.

I still hope that we will eventually replace Sarri with a superior coach. But given the squad he has and the chaos the club is in he has achieved what could be expected. So replacing him with a wild card like Lampard as he is yet after one season is an absolute wild idea. Also there is no denying Sarri has developed during his spell here so far.  The counter attacks that broke Arsenals neck were clearly rehearsed and different to the slow transition we have seen over the season. I liked it and if we can keep that up i think i am ok with giving him more time given the alternatives. To be clear i still dont like the rigid 4 3 3, his outdated posession obsession, his general demeanor anf i dont believe his idea of football should be the future of this club but it makes no sense to stop backing him the moment he appears to have turned the tide and we are playing something that looks like Chelsea football again.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/maurizio-sarri-wants-to-stay-at-chelsea-but-only-if-the-club-back-him-cnbpgglkg

Maurizio Sarri will tell Chelsea that he wants stay at the club next season if they are prepared to give him their full backing.

Sarri will ask for assurances that Chelsea are ready to back his tactical approach and man-management methods.

Matt Hughes @MattHughesTimes
SeguirSeguir @MattHughesTimes
Mais

Maurizio Sarri wants to stay at #Chelsea, but will demand greater support if he remains in charge next season in talks with club hierarchy.

Keep him but don't make the same mistake we did with Conte. In giving a new improve contract only to sack him later. 

Keep things as is, the contract we gave him and continue to do the job. 

Because if by November we still doing crap and no progress then he will get the sack eventually. Or just let his 2 year contract finish in the summer. 

It's crazy how the running of this club has somehow persuaded the fans that sacking a manager at the first sign of trouble is necessary.. so much soo that they are even debating sacking a manager who has won a European trophy and delivered CL football for the club. Ontop of which was all done through chaos and turmoil. Why are we even talking about only giving Sarri one more season. The man is not only completing the objectives given but more. The topic of discussion should be on how to keep this man building for the future at all costs. 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

you cant deny him another season no, but part of me thinks he might want the Juventus gig, too

Really? With all his comments about his love for Napoli, I can't see him betray the Napoli fans and go to Juventus.

1 minute ago, kiwi1691 said:

Really? With all his comments about his love for Napoli, I can't see him betray the Napoli fans and go to Juventus.

read what Sarri said, he did not want to go DIRECTLY to a another Serie A team, he wanted a break in between (obviously we are that break)

16 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Pedulla is hinting that Sarri is off.

private flight booked to italy for saturday, was agreed 3 weeks ago that we'd go seperate ways.  havent read full article, though

Sarri, Chelsea and Juve: all the background of the day

https://www.alfredopedulla.com/sarri-il-chelsea-e-la-juve-tutti-i-retroscena-della-giornata/

A day of adjustment, the next few hours will be decisive. And maybe even in the night there could be developments. Maurizio Sarri is waiting for Juve, a story that began last May 17th, he will reiterate his gratitude and gratitude to him for having chosen him. But he will ask that what was agreed more or less three weeks ago be respected, that the roads would have separated regardless of the contract expiring in 2021. The blocked market made the difference in this sense: yesterday Sarri said he was "for now" very happy, but who wants to understand "if we can improve". With the market blocked, two serious injuries (Lotus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi) and the sale of Hazard to Real, improving is practically impossible. And on this basis we will work to arrive at a solution with the direction of Ramadan who left Milan to reach London where Alessandro Pellegrini will also be. 

The role of Ramadan is fundamental, it has always had excellent relations with Chelsea. Usually the English club does not decide based on the results, last summer it sent via Conte after a victory in the FA Cup . It is normal that the moods can be changed after a prestigious cup on the bulletin board, but usually a cup does not change already set scenarios, and agreements in principle reached. We'll see. Sarri has booked a private flight for Saturday to return to Italy. There Juve always keeps Inzaghi as an alternative solution, but the spotlight is on Sarri. While Pochettino has a high clause, Tottenham 's total estimate of Levy is a price that could soar due to the great results achieved this season. So, precedence to Sarri: Juve waits.

14 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Looks like Juventus has finally get him. Good luck then. Yay we're managerless again... <_<

Well you cant blame Sarri consider the abuse he got from some of the fans. Not to mention Hazard abandoning, CHO + RLC injury and transfer ban incoming. Tbh we are F U C K E D. 

To be fair if the club bring Frank in I'd rather they give him time to properly rebuild. If they want instant success then give him big bucks and bring top players in. No in between, enough with all the Zappacostas and Drinkwaters, as a Chelsea fan I'd rather we stay two years away from the top and integrate the likes of Mount, CHO, RLC, James etc in the first team, than have average players coming in, scrapping for top four finishes every season. Plenty of English talent in this generation, would love to see a Chelsea line up full of at least six English lads in 3-4 years. 

26 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It's oficial? 

Any links? 

Not yet, just heard Juventus players have been told Sarri will be their next boss, not sure about that either. But as someone wrote earlier, there is too much smoke now.

His agent is obviously coming for a reason, he has 2 years left on his contract so there would be no need for him to even be in the country in all honesty.

I highly doubt it's an extension.