Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

"...and said he is certain Eden Hazard will remain a Chelsea player"

Isn't this stupid? I mean, the club should know better than coach if player is staying or not. This seems like "we don't know shit about Hazard and if he stays, great that Sarri found out!"

I'm fine with the front 3 and midfield. I actually think between Morata, Pedro and Giroud, we get enough different looks up front. Feel the winger rotation is decent. Willian, Pedro, Hazard, CHO. That is one of the better rotations in the league. 

Also really happy RLC is sticking around. For some reason, think that Sarri can make a player out of him. At the very worse if he can't fix him tactically, I think he makes him an impact player. RLC is clumsy at times, but in general he is a very technically capable player. Cesc there for leadership, Barkley there to finally make a push and get some consistency. Good midfield bunch. Definitely happy. 

My biggest concern is defence. No idea who will be starting at either of the CB positions. Don't know if I like Azpi on the right for the system. LB is terrible with Alonso. Emerson has looked a little shaky too. Really think this is our biggest problem area. 

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Isn't this stupid? I mean, the club should know better than coach if player is staying or not. This seems like "we don't know shit about Hazard and if he stays, great that Sarri found out!"

Not as ridiculous as one of the questions some dumb cunt asked Harrry yesterday. They asked him if he would be trying to convince Eden to stay!!

FFS!!!

3 hours ago, El P. said:

To be fair, it's the social media team who posted it. It's not like they are privy to everything that goes on at the club. 

Full list of squad numbers below:

1 – Kepa Arrizabalaga
2 – Toni Rudiger
3 – Marcos Alonso
4 – Cesc Fabregas
5 – Jorginho
6 – Danny Drinkwater
7 – N’Golo Kante
8 – Ross Barkley
10 – Eden Hazard
11 – Pedro
12 – Ruben Loftus-Cheek
13 – Willy Caballero
14 – Tiemoue Bakayoko
15 – Victor Moses
17 – Mateo Kovacic
18 – Olivier Giroud
21 – Davide Zappacosta
22 – Willian
24 – Gary Cahill
27 – Andreas Christensen
28 – Cesar Azpilicueta
29 – Alvaro Morata
30 – David Luiz
31 – Rob Green
33 – Emerson

Under-21 players

19 – Tammy Abraham
20 – Callum Hudson-Odoi
44 – Ethan Ampadu
59 – Marcin Bulka

He's right, of course. I think our raw talent will see us through the small teams in the first half of the season, but definitely think we'll be taking some lumps against the other big boys. With the exception of Arse they've al been drilled and coached for years in their systems. It will take us time. Even Arse have a months head start on us in preparation.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He's right, of course. I think our raw talent will see us through the small teams in the first half of the season, but definitely think we'll be taking some lumps against the other big boys. With the exception of Arse they've al been drilled and coached for years in their systems. It will take us time. Even Arse have a months head start on us in preparation.

United look like they have been coached for two days. They do not worry me in the slightest. Arsenal have extremely poor defense and a new manager so they will probably struggle in the early months as well and Spurs haven't become any stronger during the summer. Top4 spot is there for the taking in my opinion, even with the learning phase that we'll undoubtedly face in upcoming months. Only City and Liverpool are out of reach this season both in league standings and in the way they will play against us.

9 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

United look like they have been coached for two days. They do not worry me in the slightest. Arsenal have extremely poor defense and a new manager so they will probably struggle in the early months as well and Spurs haven't become any stronger during the summer. Top4 spot is there for the taking in my opinion, even with the learning phase that we'll undoubtedly face in upcoming months. Only City and Liverpool are out of reach this season both in league standings and in the way they will play against us.

As utterly terrible as their football is, United have Lukaku's goals and the ability to park the bus expertly when they need to. I think those things will carry them to a top 4 place. I think that 4th spot is definitely up for grabs between us, Spuds, and Arse.

49 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

A new journey is upon us tomorrow. Bring on SarriBall 

Pedro for top scorer???

Well, we're hoping for the best, but we'll see about scoring and defending with this squad.

Good luck to Chelsea this season.