test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

513 posts in this topic
9 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

United look like they have been coached for two days. They do not worry me in the slightest. Arsenal have extremely poor defense and a new manager so they will probably struggle in the early months as well and Spurs haven't become any stronger during the summer. Top4 spot is there for the taking in my opinion, even with the learning phase that we'll undoubtedly face in upcoming months. Only City and Liverpool are out of reach this season both in league standings and in the way they will play against us.

As utterly terrible as their football is, United have Lukaku's goals and the ability to park the bus expertly when they need to. I think those things will carry them to a top 4 place. I think that 4th spot is definitely up for grabs between us, Spuds, and Arse.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

United look like they have been coached for two days. They do not worry me in the slightest. Arsenal have extremely poor defense and a new manager so they will probably struggle in the early months as well and Spurs haven't become any stronger during the summer. Top4 spot is there for the taking in my opinion, even with the learning phase that we'll undoubtedly face in upcoming months. Only City and Liverpool are out of reach this season both in league standings and in the way they will play against us.

United, unless a Mourinho blowout/explosion happens, will do what they do and get in the top 4. Today was a perfect example, played like shite but got the result. Typical Mourinho. What you saw today is basically Chelsea for a long time.

Spuds not getting stronger doesn't mean they are out of the top 4. It just means they won't be challenging for the title. Spuds at the moment, have a good top 4 team.

Arsenal as someone said, is a wildcard. If they can click, they can damage teams because they have the strikeforce to do so (unlike us). 

Top 4 is there for the taking, but we are one of the least favourites (along with Arsenal) to get it.

49 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

A new journey is upon us tomorrow. Bring on SarriBall 

Pedro for top scorer???

Well, we're hoping for the best, but we'll see about scoring and defending with this squad.

Good luck to Chelsea this season.

Think in another 3-5 games we will really start to see the gains of his philosophy. He’s changed a bit in short time but get these boys who were st the WC up to match fitness and integrated in the squad as well as being more fine tuned with his style and we are looking at a good season. People complain still about goals but we scored 3 today, 2 from open play. How many times can we say under Conte last season we scored more than one goal from open play after December? 

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

With the way Sarri keeps stressing that he wants to get to know the players before appointing the captain, I doubt it's going to be Hazard just to appease him or it would have been done already. I can't see past Azpi for this, it has to be, and then either Hazard or Luiz for VC. Maybe even Cahill vice-captain if he doesn't want to upset him with stripping off captaincy completely. My choices would be Azpi and Hazard.

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

With the way Sarri keeps stressing that he wants to get to know the players before appointing the captain, I doubt it's going to be Hazard just to appease him or it would have been done already. I can't see past Azpi for this, it has to be, and then either Hazard or Luiz for VC. Maybe even Cahill vice-captain if he doesn't want to upset him with stripping off captaincy completely. My choices would be Azpi and Hazard.

Talking about cahill where is he? He didn't play no pre season games and he wasn't on the bench against huddersfield 

On 11/08/2018 at 9:21 PM, RoyalBlues said:

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!

Might be the first and last time saying that.. HELL NO

We got to say it for a day. Lolol

LPool and Shitty already look like beasts. Joe Gomez at CB was a monster, if that continues,  the Scousers might just pip Shitty, especially if they loose Fernandinho for a spell. They incredibly did not buy a DMF after getting gazumped by us for Jorginho, so zero true backup. Danilo Pereira or Leandro Paredes would have been perfect for their system. I suppose they can play Delph or Zinchenko there in a pinch and Fernandinho turns 34 during this season at the end part), so it deffo seems a possibility. That said, Mendy looks fit as hell finally and Mahrez gives them yet another dagger. 

RoyalBlues likes this

13 hours ago, manpe said:

Will still be Cahill when he plays 100%. Would be a daft move to strip a captain of it a year after giving him it on a proper basis and plus I think it would upset a few in the locker room perhaps to see that done. He won't play every week so it will be up to the likes of Azpi, Hazard, Luiz to take on the mantle. I think it will be Azpi. 

14 hours ago, the wes said:

Talking about cahill where is he? He didn't play no pre season games and he wasn't on the bench against huddersfield 

He came on against Lyon. My guess is he's not up to speed yet in terms of fitness and Sarri has gone with those that have had minutes under their belt - e.g Christensen - on the bench.

On 8/12/2018 at 1:40 PM, kellzfresh said:

Sarri said there was more of individual play than team play yesterday. When we peak, it'll be something closer to this.

those Super Mario sounds lmao :D

kellzfresh likes this