Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

Another massive thing, the result of the EL final. Which is gives us a ticket to the Super Cup, a cup that we failed to win twice. It's really the only available trophy Chelsea hasn't won.

We have. Or were you not a fan then? 

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

Dang! I missed it. No, I wasn't as then I was 8. Wasn't in to football then.

Still, I want us to win the Super Cup, as it's the only trophy I haven't seen Chelsea lift up.

Would be good to be familiar with our history. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Bigger, better clubs don't experience poor spells? Man City lost something like 3 league games in 4 this past season while Liverpool blew a 7-point lead at the top (or whatever it was) by drawing 4 games in 6. Similar poor spells were also seen with Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona...

Funny you mentioned Bielsa because his teams are known to start well and then fall off the cliff, which was what happened with Leeds and look at them imploding against Derby as well...

Am fine with Allegri.

As I said to Mana, having another season of Sarri would be like signing a death warrant, especially if the transfer ban sticks!

If we can't sign anyone this summer, what makes you think we won't use our youth players a little bit more? Do you really want to see the manager flog the senior players to death again? Sarri, Lampard or whoever might be the manager can't build for the long term if they don't develop the young players. 

And when we had a bad spell werent people on here not slagging Sarri off? Cant work one way for those teams and not for us... 

Biesla is a better manager in my eyes, didnt have the greatesr spells in the last few years which I am surprised about considering how well he did with Bilbao. Still shocked he hasnt got another chance at a bigger club considering how highly he is regarded. A real engima although he is a fiery character as shown as Lille and Lazio.

No manager is instantly going to come in and drop 5 older players for 5 youngsters if that is what people are expecting or hoping for. Theres too much pressure here, it must be intense for a manager where every season the club most likely expects a trophy and league finish of 3rd or above, having sacked managers for finishing 2nd as well or for winning a trophy still. Yes we have young players we need to integrate but its it will never happen here like it does at an Ajax or whoever else. Yet again a new manager opens up chances for the likes of Luiz (as proved with Sarri), Alonso, Willian, Pedro to all have another chance to impress instead of being phased out or moved on. 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hardly sounds committed to staying...

Wouldnt blame him either. Or any manager.

Lets be honest clearly him and a large portion of fans arent exactly on the same page. Plus Juventus is an incredible opportunity for most managers, never mind someone who was perhaps going to lose his job 5 months ago.

Maybe 10 years ago managers wouldnt consider it compared to us but theyve grown into one of the top top 5 teams in Europe for me over the last 5 years while we have yoyo'd and are quiet honestly in a bit of a mess behind the scenes although poor recruitment has held us back too.

Juve though, great team, very good recruitment and fundamentally excellently run (which we cant exactly say happens here). If we had their footballing men in behind the scenes wed be 10 times better off, look at some of their signings in past seasons: Vidal, Pjanic, Ronaldo, Dybala, Costa, Alex Sandro, Matiudi, Joao Cancelo, Higuain, Bentacur, Pirlo, Bernardeschi, Pogba, Morata, Coman, Tevez. High calibre, hugely successful and other than Ronaldo and Higuain who cost like 80m and upwards the rest werent exactly huge massive fees. Having that sort of shrewd footballing people involved with the club is a massive massibe plus to any manager at any club.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wouldnt blame him either. Or any manager.

Lets be honest clearly him and a large portion of fans arent exactly on the same page. Plus Juventus is an incredible opportunity for most managers, never mind someone who was perhaps going to lose his job 5 months ago.

Maybe 10 years ago managers wouldnt consider it compared to us but theyve grown into one of the top top 5 teams in Europe for me over the last 5 years while we have yoyo'd and are quiet honestly in a bit of a mess behind the scenes although poor recruitment has held us back too.

Juve though, great team, very good recruitment and fundamentally excellently run (which we cant exactly say happens here). If we had their footballing men in behind the scenes wed be 10 times better off, look at some of their signings in past seasons: Vidal, Pjanic, Ronaldo, Dybala, Costa, Alex Sandro, Matiudi, Joao Cancelo, Higuain, Bentacur, Pirlo, Bernardeschi, Pogba, Morata, Coman, Tevez. High calibre, hugely successful and other than Ronaldo and Higuain who cost like 80m and upwards the rest werent exactly huge massive fees. Having that sort of shrewd footballing people involved with the club is a massive massibe plus to any manager at any club.

Yeah, imagine Sarri putting Ronaldo out wide in his inflexible 4-3-3...

45 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Last time we went to the EL final we had a manager the fans did not like. 

Then we appoint a manager the fans liked and that turn out horrible. 

Could history repeat itself again? 

It was a big success no doubt. Very close to winning the title in 13-14.....won it convincingly in 14-15, yeah the Wheels came off in 15-16 but any Club in Eng would take that any day all day, and we won the CC. Overall awesome in my book.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1133116/Arsenal-Transfer-News-Premier-League-Andre-Gomes-Unai-Emery-Europa-League-Chelsea-Latest

Whats this nobhead Sarri doing now? Im sorry, but thats not the message to send to light a fire up our arses. Walking off the pitch. Kicking a hat. 

Not sure how to read into this. Is it pure frustration because this group of players wont listen and buy in. Or is this the culture that Sarri is building? Either way it seems distressing 24 hours before a big game. The Gunners are probably licking their chops at this point. 

As a former professional athlete myself, I understand what its like to go against the same players day-in day-out for a full season. Impossible to think that bust ups wont happen. Lets hope its nothing and just tired minds and bodies after a long season getting frustrated with going up against each other every day. 

Any manager worth his salt would surely deal with that situation instead of throwing and kicking his cap multiple times and walking off leaving his players.

We may lack leaders in the team but the biggest issue is that we have no real leader managing us. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Juve president meeting with Buck.

Again too much smoke now.....not all rumors are BS.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We are honestly the most embarrassingly ran club. It's even more embarrassing we have fans who actually want this to happen. 

Yes we are, horribly run. But to me its not an embarrassment that so many dont rate him. I wish he had shown more, been more flexible, more savy in tactics. Cuz you really need that in EPL or you will be eaten up. If he goes, I thank him for his service and wish him best of luck, but wont mind one bit losing him.