Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

He won't get appointed. Be such a huge risk especially to him. Have a few years with Derby leave his mark and all,show what he can do then come here. Would hate for him to be hired and it'd all go to shit. Especially if we can't sign anyone it's a lot for a new manager to deal with. 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Have you seen Derby this season? They have been the Championship equivalent of us, ie results by in large the same with a manager trying to completely change the identity of the club.

If Lampard gets appointed it will be with the intention of continuing what Sarri has started, not ripping up the sheet and starting again.

YEs I have, but not to great lenghts. Whatever his style might be, Im sure we will be more passionate and the bond much greater. Not like Sarri who has a sour face all game every game. Yes it does not mean you are quality but it sure as hell helps a bit, the players must feel that. When it comes to motivation and to instill that Chels mentality, I rather Frankie all day. Will we appoint him? Might be too big a jump and too soon, but Im not utterly against it either.....

6 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

YEs I have, but not to great lenghts. Whatever his style might be, Im sure we will be more passionate and the bond much greater. Not like Sarri who has a sour face all game every game. Yes it does not mean you are quality but it sure as hell helps a bit, the players must feel that. When it comes to motivation and to instill that Chels mentality, I rather Frankie all day. Will we appoint him? Might be too big a jump and too soon, but Im not utterly against it either.....

You keep talking about the 'bond' and then refer to Sarris facial expressions during a match as if they actually matter. It feels as if you believe he isn't the right man because he doesn't float your boat as a human being... it really is quite odd.

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Not a fan of seeing Cech and Lampard coming back at this stage, it reeks of a PR move to hire popular figureheads to hid away general incompetency by the board. 

In Cech's case, he's much less of a risk than Lampard but we're hardly the first in getting an ex-player to be the club's sporting director, technical director etc.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

They can't even get who we're playing Wednesday right! 

Love how the papers/media know before anyone else what has happened. Before any announcements. They just know! Magic! 

10 hours ago, DDA said:

You keep talking about the 'bond' and then refer to Sarris facial expressions during a match as if they actually matter. It feels as if you believe he isn't the right man because he doesn't float your boat as a human being... it really is quite odd.

Float my boat? As long long we are doing good on the pitch, its all good with me. I used that example in regards to Lamps Conte Jose Klopp Poch etc, and how it helps gather the players and the fans close like 1 unit. Sarri is far far from that. If he is rocking your world then good for you, he sure as hell doesnt " float my boat " in a footy sense.

49 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

We must be the stupidest run club in the world.

We are going to let Sarri go to Juventus, a club who are at the sort of level we want to be, and replace him with Lampard aren't we? No disrespect to Frank but hes done nothing yet as a manager, getting promoted to the PL in his first season yes it would be good but David Wagner did it with an absolute abomination of a Huddersfield side who literally just ran about lumping it. Even funnier we were actually linked with him before we got Sarri. 

Sarri hasnt won anything either but the guys put the hard miles in to get to this point from the lowest level of Italian football. Lampard in is just gonna be in all likelihood a PR move as someone said above, to try appease the fans acter a mixed season and cover up everything that has been allowed to happen like the transfer ban, lack of good signings over the years. Or will the board think he will be grateful for such a huge opportunity and just pan him off with absolute garbage like Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Papy Djibilwhatever his name was, like almost every other manager since Mourinhos last season? 

Goodness me. Id like to think Frank if he were ever to be appointed as manager  would be appointed on his merit and achievements as a manager, not on achievements as an ex player. 

This Chels aint the one we are used to......now its full of puppets and yes men.......people with very little if at all prior experience in footy. The past seasons have told us all this. And the one man that used to make sure we dont fall behind is a ghost now. Of course you cant be top dog in Eng all the times, look at UTD, but at least show some level of planning and vision.

At the start of the season I was really happy to have Sarri as coach. Saw us play Arsenal in Dublin and I was a little impressed.I thought as the season went on we would improve, but the improvement was slow, very slow. So during the season I wanted him gone, wasn't happy with our lightweight team and lack of the "Chelsea Fighting Spirit"..Now though, we have secured a Champions league spot, finished runners up on pens to City in the League cup, and we have a chance to pick up the Europa Cup on Wednesday night. I have to concede that if you offered me this at the start of the season I would have bitten your hand off... So now, with all that in mind and a transfer ban looming, I dont think we should get rid of Sarri. Much and all as I was unhappy with our football at times, I feel that he has done OK with the resources he has, and I would like to see can he make the next step with this squad next season.  I also think Frank Lampard needs more time to prove his managerial abilities before we take a punt on him, so I'd stick with Sarri for now and give him more time. We at Chelsea are far too eager to get rid of managers and players before they have had a fair crack of the whip

24 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

meeting on Thursday dimarzio says between Fali Ramadani and Marina to sort Sarri's exit.   

Multiple Italian media,including  La Stampa of Turin; all pointing to Sarri now.   Seems it could well be true.  Way too much noise to be guesswork.

Looks that way......we should start by getting rid of the puppets first then down the ladder. The likes of Marina should go with Sarri, or at least have no say in transfers and contracts.

8 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Looks that way......we should start by getting rid of the puppets first then down the ladder. The likes of Marina should go with Sarri, or at least have no say in transfers and contracts.

Your rhetoric is getting tedious mate we get it your not happy.

Not Sarris biggest fan and don't expect him to last a full season if we play like we have.. But seems stupid to be looking elsewhere with the possibility of a ban in place. Its a huge challenge for anyone! No attraction really unless you want a season of stress. 

That's if we are. Media do get a sniff sometimes and take their own run with it. 

19 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Not Sarris biggest fan and don't expect him to last a full season if we play like we have.. But seems stupid to be looking elsewhere with the possibility of a ban in place. Its a huge challenge for anyone! No attraction really unless you want a season of stress. 

That's if we are. Media do get a sniff sometimes and take their own run with it. 

I actually think that keeping Sarri is quite pointless if transfer ban stands. I don't believe he can take us forward with this squad. He needs a lot of money and a lot of new players who would suit his style.