Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

45 minutes ago, Mana said:

It's too early because we still have deadwood players that will let Lampard down. Most of our first team squad ain't good enough. Alonso and Luiz signed new deals FFS! :(

And I'm still not 100% convinced with Lampard. Let's see what happens on Monday with the final and let's see how Derby performs in the PL if they make it there.

If Lampard can get a top-half finish, I'll join in on the Lampard bandwagon.

Because the last thing I want, is another Ole situation at Chelsea.

If it's not Sarri or Lampard, then what's the answer?

I am genuinely worred for next season. Liverpool will add in depth. City will undoutebly grow stronger. Ziyech prefers a move to Arsenal and are actively seeking Manolas. United are rumored with Koulibaly and Sancho. 

In all likelyhood, our chances of securing top 4 next season decreases by the day. If Leicester strengthens, I can honestly see them taking 6th ahead of us. 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I am genuinely worred for next season. Liverpool will add in depth. City will undoutebly grow stronger. Ziyech prefers a move to Arsenal and are actively seeking Manolas. United are rumored with Koulibaly and Sancho. 

In all likelyhood, our chances of securing top 4 next season decreases by the day. If Leicester strengthens, I can honestly see them taking 6th ahead of us. 

Its a shit-show......how did the board allow us to get so unbalanced, so out of forcus, its like they figure shit out when it happens and not 1sec earlier. Mismanaged.

23 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Its a shit-show......how did the board allow us to get so unbalanced, so out of forcus, its like they figure shit out when it happens and not 1sec earlier. Mismanaged.

Simple mate, it's run as a business and not a football club.

By know nothing muppet business people:middlefinger:

18 hours ago, Mana said:

It's too early because we still have deadwood players that will let Lampard down. Most of our first team squad ain't good enough. Alonso and Luiz signed new deals FFS! :(

And I'm still not 100% convinced with Lampard. Let's see what happens on Monday with the final and let's see how Derby performs in the PL if they make it there.

If Lampard can get a top-half finish, I'll join in on the Lampard bandwagon.

Because the last thing I want, is another Ole situation at Chelsea.

So we need to wait until we have just the correct mixture of players before Frank could take over? Not sure that ever happens but Imo I'd happily have him now

2 hours ago, Mana said:

These lameass players could ruin Frank's career before it has begun. 

I just don't want to rush this. United have rushed to bring in Ole, who is more experienced than Lampard. The players have let Ole down, and I'm 99% guarantee that most of our first XI will do the same.

We are playing with fire being Lamps and I don't want to see stuff like Lamps losing the dressing room etc.

If he does he does, none can know what's going to happen. But if Frankie comes home with cech coming too as sporting director I did one will be delighted. Won't get on his back either, same with Jose. Most of us would have gone down with Jose before wanting him sacked, cause he was one of us. Think if Frank was to come in everyone would give him as long as needed to build a team and promote the youth. Reservist in a year were we can't sign players

3 hours ago, Mana said:

These lameass players could ruin Frank's career before it has begun. 

I just don't want to rush this. United have rushed to bring in Ole, who is more experienced than Lampard. The players have let Ole down, and I'm 99% guarantee that most of our first XI will do the same.

We are playing with fire being Lamps and I don't want to see stuff like Lamps losing the dressing room etc.

So you're basically suggesting Sarri or someone to be the sacrificial lamb and make the changes for Lampard in the future? 

Changes are definitely needed at this club. If we are going to go down the Lampard route, then why not bring him in now and let him restructure the team the way he wants to? Why persist with Sarri or go with someone else when their vision of the team, build of the team may be different to what Lampard might have in mind? 

You mentioned Solskjaer, even he is going to start making changes at United and while he may have been a manager longer than Lampard has, it's debatable whether he is actually better particularly when all he does is basically yapping about the Fergie days. Hardly a recipe for success. 

Cech is being considered for sporting director according to sky sports but doesnt mean he will be in charge of transfers, he could be a advisor or a link between manager and board for transfers.... known us he could have 0 say 🤣

I think a bit of perspective is needed when it comes to Lampard. Derby finished 15 points behind the second placed team and they only just scraped into the play offs. I would imagine  that Derby would have been fancied more than Sheffield United and Norwich to get automatic promotion. The Villa manager took over from Steve Bruce with them struggling and he could get Villa promoted at Derby's expense I don't see anyone putting his name forward for the Chelsea job yet Lampard has simply because he's a CFC legend. 

As other posters have said this is our weakest squad for years and with a possible transfer ban it's not exactly ideal for any manager regardless of their experience. It would be hard for Frank to turn the job down if and it's a big if it was offered to him but I just don't think the circumstances are in his favour. We are going to have to bite the bullet and stick with Sarri I'm afraid and hope for some improvement for next season 

6 hours ago, Mana said:

I want someone to step in before we look at Lampard. Maybe it'll take two seasons before we see Lampard as our coach. Right now it's way too early and very unpredictable. The club is at a serious mess and I can't see Lampard cleaning it, with the board's minimal backing.

What makes you think Lampard won't say the same thing regarding Fergie days? We are acting like United, "Bring back the old guard and they'll clean up this mess!"

I'm sure Lamps would do good here. But I don't trust him enough at the moment to turn this sinking ship around. If Sarri can't do it...

We've gone down the route of hiring successful and/or experienced managers and gotten nowhere. Maybe it's worth the risk going the opposite direction by hiring a young and upcoming manager to start afresh and reboot ourselves.

Too early for Lamps. I think we would be setting him up for a potential backlash from CFC fans. Cant think of many things more sad than Frank getting binned 2 years into his role as Chelsea manager. Can just picture it now, Lampard sent packing from Stamford Bridge again, head down, feet shuffling, and his status as legend in tatters. 

We need to give the lad a chance to succeed. Lets spend the next couple of years with Sarri, clear out some dead wood, develop the likes of RLC, CHO, Mount, James, Tammy (maybe), and see if Lamps can lead a new generation after 3 solid years with Derby. I think Sarri is a great manager to get us through the transition. He's relatively cheap in comparison to others in the league. Doesn't spend huge amounts of time worrying about the transfer market. Has done pretty well with RLC and CHO this year before injuries hit them. Maybe some of his philosophies could help the younger generation of players in our youth set ups. 

Im thinking from a cup half full lens here. But what if Chelsea have a plan? What if the transfer ban means reset? New goals? New policies, new attitudes. Sounds great. 

On 5/22/2019 at 5:25 PM, ulsterchelsea said:

Why is it too early? Wasnt too early when ruudi or vialli took over and won things at 1st go

Would ideally like Lamps getting a feel of managing in the PL with Derby before taking up the Chelsea job. 

16 hours ago, Mana said:

You're dreaming big. Cech as sporting director? Where did you get that idea from? You think the board will allow that?

Here's the thing. You didn't get on Jose's back, but I certainly did and I glad I did it. This is why I'm worried about Lampard. We don't know how good this coach is in the PL with our sorryass players. What if he starts saying "These players aren't good enough", "Can't motivate players"...

Derby players fully respect Lampard and play for him and the shirt. Chelsea are full of primadonnas. They'll piss off as soon things get difficult.

I want someone to step in before we look at Lampard. Maybe it'll take two seasons before we see Lampard as our coach. Right now it's way too early and very unpredictable. The club is at a serious mess and I can't see Lampard cleaning it, with the board's minimal backing.

What makes you think Lampard won't say the same thing regarding Fergie days? We are acting like United, "Bring back the old guard and they'll clean up this mess!"

I'm sure Lamps would do good here. But I don't trust him enough at the moment to turn this sinking ship around. If Sarri can't do it...

Reported literally everywhere in the last few days

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1130908015908069376?s=19

“Chelsea manager Sarri had a meeting in London with Juventus sports director.” 

This was tweeted by Tancredi Palmeri. Very interesting if true. 

"I've heard from various sources Frank Lampard is returning to Chelsea"

- @JimWhite

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

“Chelsea manager Sarri had a meeting in London with Juventus sports director.” 

This was tweeted by Tancredi Palmeri. Very interesting if true. 

"I've heard from various sources Frank Lampard is returning to Chelsea"

- @JimWhite

Palmeri AND Jim white. 

Enough said about that