Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

@Vesper I don't believe we're in that dire of a state, just yet. The saga with Roman and the country is a different topic altogether.

The amount of uncertainty around the club will hopefully be addressed soon.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

@Vesper I don't believe we're in that dire of a state, just yet. The saga with Roman and the country is a different topic altogether.

The amount of uncertainty around the club will hopefully be addressed soon.

I hope you are right, but just based off pure football (assuming bans stay put) we are in some deep shit atm IMHO

I am trying to have low expectations so I am not disappointed next season

we are all powerless to do a damn thing about it as well:(

For those Sarriout and LampardIn👇🏻 

Derby in the Championship 2018/19 (ratio rankings):

9th - Shots

3rd - Shots on-target

18th - Shots in the box

19th - xG

16th - xG from open play

18th - Touches in the box

10th - Deep completions

22nd - Very deep completions

5th - Possession

5 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I agree, coming to Chelsea right now would set him up for failure. This is not the situation for an inexperienced manager to walk into. 

We definitely need the ban frozen, RLC and CHO injury unfortunately made this decision an easy one. The squad needs a rebuild, and i would trust Sarri in this situation. 

The only likely way the club can rebuild this season is by integrating some of their younger players into the first team and squad. Can Sarri be trusted with this?

I actually think he did a good job in the overall development of CHO and RLC this season, but there is also the counter arguments of whether this suggests he should have used them sooner and whether ban pressure led to their increased exposure in game's.

The big worry for me with Sarri is he seems to be loyal to players already experienced and used to his system and as a result would this mean that younger players would not get a fair shake as he'll far rather trust those he's worked with this last year? That would be fine if the players we currently have are performing but a number simply haven't this last season.

9 hours ago, zekinjo said:

For those Sarriout and LampardIn👇🏻 

Derby in the Championship 2018/19 (ratio rankings):

9th - Shots

3rd - Shots on-target

18th - Shots in the box

19th - xG

16th - xG from open play

18th - Touches in the box

10th - Deep completions

22nd - Very deep completions

5th - Possession

That is a very strange. Maybe I am wrong but does it mean that derby is not creating chances but they have very clinical scorer. That is not for long term 

56 minutes ago, Mana said:

Ok, I'm seeing a lot of Sarri-Juve talk now via popular sites, not just here in TalkChelsea. This has to be true in some ways.

need to wait the europa league final 

Have to say, you could show me all the stats of the day to suggest that Frankie's Derby aren't playing overly well and that he isn't a great tactician. I couldn't give one solitary fuck! If there's talk of one , if not this clubs greatest legend then I'm all over it. The excitement is mostly built up the connection that Frank has with the Derby supporters. The way he celebrated with them. It's what most of us want. Of course we want success, who doesn't? But to have that connection with someone at the club and again is massive. If sarri leaves and we get super Frank back I'll be absolutely delighted. Give him the season to get most of the chosen youth integrated and then judge him in the following season. Like Jose before him, I'd happily finish mid table with someone we adore than have another season of the cigarette chomping mong. Also have to say that the rumoured move of cech as sporting director and makalele coming back too is a great move

For all we know this could be the groundwork being laid for a long term plan. I've read a few reports that the club wanted a number of the old guard back at the club at the end of their careers and this could well be the start.

Possibly leaving the ban as it is too would give the likes of Lampard and Cech a season to bed in without crazy pressure on them because I think most of us fans realise next season will be a bit of a struggle.

It sounds stupid having came 3rd but a top 6 place next season but a couple more younger players coming through alongside RLC and CHO with a much happier and positive atmosphere at the Bridge and no more ban looming over us could be seen as progress with more positivity to look forward to than currently.

I'd happily take a mediocre season if the right things are done this summer. Firstly you make RLC and CHO integral parts of the first team, no arguments. There is enough quality in this team to even think bigger, even with a transfer ban.

A pre season that includes lots of minutes for Reece-James, have a good in-depth look at him and trust him.

If the ban remains do not, and I mean do not, be scared to utilise Tammy Abraham. When I say utilise I mean do not freeze him out if he's brought back, if your not willing to play him, loan him.

If the ban is frozen it's key we do not buy players that stunt the development and game time of the three players in CHO, RLC and Reece James. A left back and striker is a must if CAS do their job.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I'm all aboard the Lampard bus now, lets start a fresh, get the backroom staff sorted and lets get the backbone of CFC right again.

A tad too early. Keep Sarri for another year. Even though there is a transfer freeze, there is good scope to improve the squad for next year. It will require a few fearless internal promotions and a bit of patience with their progress. 

If things improve, well and good. If they don't, bring in Lampard or anyone else. Lampard could get a taste of the Premier League by then too

1 hour ago, Strike said:

A tad too early. Keep Sarri for another year. Even though there is a transfer freeze, there is good scope to improve the squad for next year. It will require a few fearless internal promotions and a bit of patience with their progress. 

If things improve, well and good. If they don't, bring in Lampard or anyone else. Lampard could get a taste of the Premier League by then too

Why is it too early? Wasnt too early when ruudi or vialli took over and won things at 1st go