test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

547 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know the league will be our main focus but let's not forget we can get into the Champions League via the Europa League as well. It's not a given we will win it but don't think we can afford to just toss it aside either. 

Agreed. This is where the likes of RLC, Barkley, Cesc, CHO, Ampadu, etc will come in handy. We will have significantly better depth to rotate against lesser opponents. That way we can still afford to field strong teams in the Europa League.

akgw13 likes this

18 hours ago, DYC. said:

Big ass squad. Not just the 'red players' will have to leave. 25 senior players alone (+ Ampadu and Hudson-Odoi) is too much. So I wonder who's leaving.

Looking at the quality of the top6 squads, I rate City's, Utd's and Pool's team higher than Chelsea's. Chels also going through a big change in terms of style.

So City to retain the title, Liverpool and Utd chasing City and Chels, Spurs and Arsenal for 4th for me. If the transition under Sarri goes well, Chels should finish above Arsenal. Spurs failed to strengthen so that could possibly hurt them. Though compared to last season they do have a fit Alderweireld, Rose, Wanyama, Winks and even Dembele to certain extent.

Hopefully finishing 5th last season and a fresh start under Sarri will fire this lot up to secure that top 4 finish at the very least. Maybe add the Europa League and a cup to gloss up 18/19 and set a winning mood.

Sarri on potential loans to leave: 'Now I think the squad is too large. Some players have to go on loan. I don't know who at the moment. I prefer to have 23, 24 players and three or four very young players. No more.'

Not sure if he means 23-24 players and three or four very young players, besides those 23-24 or included. 

I'd say Zouma, Abraham, Brown, Kalas, Piazon, Omeruo, Bakayoko, Aina and Hector are going to go out on loan. 

Ampadu, RLC, Hudson-Odoi and Musonda are the three "very young players" that'll stay. 

akgw13 likes this

5 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Sarri on potential loans to leave: 'Now I think the squad is too large. Some players have to go on loan. I don't know who at the moment. I prefer to have 23, 24 players and three or four very young players. No more.'

Not sure if he means 23-24 players and three or four very young players, besides those 23-24 or included. 

I'd say Zouma, Abraham, Brown, Kalas, Piazon, Omeruo, Bakayoko, Aina and Hector are going to go out on loan. 

Ampadu, RLC, Hudson-Odoi and Musonda are the three "very young players" that'll stay. 

I think you're spot on, except Musonda. Feels like he is going out on loan, he didn't feature in pre season at all. If Michy goes out on loan(looking likely) Tammy will stay and be the Europa League/Cup match starter. Giroud will operate as super sub to both Morata(prem starter) & Tammy. 

Cosmin likes this

It's refreshing to hear a manager who appears to be happy with the squad and is just focused on coaching them and making them better.

It has to help the crop of players we currently have and give them confidence compared to Conte last season moaning constantly that the squad wasn't good enough.

Fernando and kellzfresh like this

16 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Summary of Sarri press conference..

The squad is too big when you consider a couple of the young players like CHO and Ampadu should now be viewed very much as solid squad players now.

Rudiger aside, we're suffering from the ridiculous and pathetic transfer window last summer, and will likely take another season or so to fully recover from that debacle.

kellzfresh likes this

I think he's happy!

“Hazard is with us,” he said, as per Sky Sports. “He’s not a problem. I have spoken with him three, four times for everything. He never said something about the market.

“I think he is very happy to stay here. I have seen a player very happy to stay here, so I think the new contract will be no problem.

“I am very happy for both. Courtois’ situation was clear. He wanted to go to Madrid so we lost one of the most important goalkeepers in the world. But we brought in one of the most important young goalkeepers in the world.

“I am really happy with Kovacic because I think he has the characteristics for us. I am really very happy and I think now the squad is complete.”

RoyalBlues likes this

"...and said he is certain Eden Hazard will remain a Chelsea player"

Isn't this stupid? I mean, the club should know better than coach if player is staying or not. This seems like "we don't know shit about Hazard and if he stays, great that Sarri found out!"

Fernando likes this

I'm fine with the front 3 and midfield. I actually think between Morata, Pedro and Giroud, we get enough different looks up front. Feel the winger rotation is decent. Willian, Pedro, Hazard, CHO. That is one of the better rotations in the league. 

Also really happy RLC is sticking around. For some reason, think that Sarri can make a player out of him. At the very worse if he can't fix him tactically, I think he makes him an impact player. RLC is clumsy at times, but in general he is a very technically capable player. Cesc there for leadership, Barkley there to finally make a push and get some consistency. Good midfield bunch. Definitely happy. 

My biggest concern is defence. No idea who will be starting at either of the CB positions. Don't know if I like Azpi on the right for the system. LB is terrible with Alonso. Emerson has looked a little shaky too. Really think this is our biggest problem area. 

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Isn't this stupid? I mean, the club should know better than coach if player is staying or not. This seems like "we don't know shit about Hazard and if he stays, great that Sarri found out!"

Not as ridiculous as one of the questions some dumb cunt asked Harrry yesterday. They asked him if he would be trying to convince Eden to stay!!

FFS!!!

3 hours ago, El P. said:

To be fair, it's the social media team who posted it. It's not like they are privy to everything that goes on at the club. 

Full list of squad numbers below:

1 – Kepa Arrizabalaga
2 – Toni Rudiger
3 – Marcos Alonso
4 – Cesc Fabregas
5 – Jorginho
6 – Danny Drinkwater
7 – N’Golo Kante
8 – Ross Barkley
10 – Eden Hazard
11 – Pedro
12 – Ruben Loftus-Cheek
13 – Willy Caballero
14 – Tiemoue Bakayoko
15 – Victor Moses
17 – Mateo Kovacic
18 – Olivier Giroud
21 – Davide Zappacosta
22 – Willian
24 – Gary Cahill
27 – Andreas Christensen
28 – Cesar Azpilicueta
29 – Alvaro Morata
30 – David Luiz
31 – Rob Green
33 – Emerson

Under-21 players

19 – Tammy Abraham
20 – Callum Hudson-Odoi
44 – Ethan Ampadu
59 – Marcin Bulka

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Right now they are still adapting to the tactics but eventually it will become second nature to them, and they'll be instinctive in their play, which means playing quicker.

He's right, of course. I think our raw talent will see us through the small teams in the first half of the season, but definitely think we'll be taking some lumps against the other big boys. With the exception of Arse they've al been drilled and coached for years in their systems. It will take us time. Even Arse have a months head start on us in preparation.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He's right, of course. I think our raw talent will see us through the small teams in the first half of the season, but definitely think we'll be taking some lumps against the other big boys. With the exception of Arse they've al been drilled and coached for years in their systems. It will take us time. Even Arse have a months head start on us in preparation.

United look like they have been coached for two days. They do not worry me in the slightest. Arsenal have extremely poor defense and a new manager so they will probably struggle in the early months as well and Spurs haven't become any stronger during the summer. Top4 spot is there for the taking in my opinion, even with the learning phase that we'll undoubtedly face in upcoming months. Only City and Liverpool are out of reach this season both in league standings and in the way they will play against us.