Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

5 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I've never seen a post so full of what ifs. That has to be the most meaningless stat of all time we hit the woodwork 24 times whoopie shit.

The same logic goes to the original post. It had a lot of what ifs. Simple fact is we finished above Spurs United and Arsenal regardless of the circumstances. I was just making a point that Arsenal shouldn't feel like we stole the position from them we us had unfortunate moments which could have resulted in us getting more points

5 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Sorry but our third place is so decieving its unreal. I get what you mean and I can agree to a certan extent. But we are third cuz the bottlers around us choked in the last min. The stats tell all the truth in this regard. And we always get the shaft in games, its nothing new mate.

We also bottled games, the table does not really lie if you think about it. City and pool are 25 points ahead of us. We are slightly better than Spurs due to a bigger budget and having harzard, Arsenal despite having better strikers than us are still a shambles in mid and at the back and finally United gave up on their season and are the underachievers kinda like us when we finished 10th in 2015

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I think he's been very average and nothing about him has convinced me he is going to take us further.

It's took him nearly the full season to realise that Emerson is better than Alonso and RLC was the man to start months ago. His constant selection of Kovacic and Alonso was baffling, his timing of his substitutions when we needed something different was bizarre, and his whole game management is poor.

The football has been more like wankball than Sarriball, we have somehow fluked finishing above Spurs and scraped top 4 by our teeth. If he stays and tries to sign both GH and Kovacic he wants fucking shooting.

The football is shite. Pass pass pass.. Goalie.. Pass pass pass. Oh they scored.. Never mind bring on a defender! He's done nothing to say he's good enough. Hasn't changed a game we've been losing as most the time we've gone on to draw or just lose. 

2019/20

GK : Kepa/Caballero

RB: Azpilicueta , James

CB : Rudiger/Christensen , David Luiz/Zouma

LB :  Emerson/Alonso/Kenedy

CM : Jorginho , Kante , RLC , Barkley ,Mount

RW : Pulisic/Pedro

LW : Willian/Hudson- Odoi

ST:  Giroud/Abraham/Batshuayi

1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

We also bottled games, the table does not really lie if you think about it. City and pool are 25 points ahead of us. We are slightly better than Spurs due to a bigger budget and having harzard, Arsenal despite having better strikers than us are still a shambles in mid and at the back and finally United gave up on their season and are the underachievers kinda like us when we finished 10th in 2015

I agree them around us have been utter shite......otherwise we would see top 4 no more atm. I thank god they are all crap and need rebuilding.......in the end we did it, it looks dandy, its awesome. I just have my doubts next season will be noticably better, if he does it will be a shock to me, a welcoming shock.

This season was disappointing but really not that unexpected.  It was a short pre-season coming off the World Cup and we didn't really upgrade the squad any.  We started really well, though showed some worrying signs, and then it was a return to the previous year.  I think people's perceptions would be totally different if the first 12 games had been flipped with the last 12 games.  If nothing else it would give hope that we were picking up and getting better at the system he was trying to implement.  As it is, we achieved the goal most had at the start of the year and although Sarri had his moments that made us scratch our heads or curse him out on the boards.  If the transfer ban gets lifted I'm looking forward to how we retool and what type of players we go after.  With some more suitable options in the team is he able to get us playing the style he implemented at Napoli?  If the ban doesn't get delayed it's going to be this year all over again and we'll have to sweat out trying to get top 4 and not being happy with how we play. 

7 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

It's a bit interesting that Conte's last league campaign was considered horrific by most and yet we scored as many goals, conceded less and got almost as many points (2 less) than we did this season.

Thats a very idiotc way to look at things. Last season the team finished 5th and outside top 4 and outside UCL spot, 5 point away from Liverpool, the 4th placed team. In the middle of the season it was pretty clear the team wasn't going to finish higher than 5th. This season the team got a UCL ticket with one game to go, and for 95% of the season the team was inside the top 4. 

Comparing the number of points from different seasons is completely bullshit. Imagine this: a team win the PL next season with 88 points, then someone come up with "the season wasn't really good, because last season would make you only the 3rd team". 

And just for your information, 72 points would be a 2nd in 2015/16. 100% meaningless stat. 

17 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

In fact, 72 points would have you fifth both last season and the one before that.

It's a bit interesting that Conte's last league campaign was considered horrific by most and yet we scored as many goals, conceded less and got almost as many points (2 less) than we did this season.

I'll ask this question to the pro-Sarri camp:

Is that record versus top 10 worthy of Chelsea? Not a single win away from home against them - three points in nine games.
Four wins at home against the top 10 which gives us a record of 4 wins out of 18 games against them.

It's absymal if you ask me

It is not about any pro Sarri camp or those who would want to see him go in a flash, but some need to be more realistic to be fair and see the bigger picture here. 

I'm not saying this squad is Brighton level, but not that good either. You keep talking like Sarri possess a top squad and he's shit at managing it. It's wrong if you ask me. 

The squad is poor if you ask me and you are missing something when you make youR analysis and that is MOTIVATION which in sports means almost everything. As fans we think making top 4 is huge because of CL footie etc. but frankly I think players care more about trophies and I have said it countless times on this forum, Chelsea's blip in form came when City and Liverpool have detached themselves from the others as sole contenders.

For me that was the point Chelsea's players downed tools and accepted they would not catch those two and I am sure that was what Sarri used to talk about when he said he cannot motivate this squad. 

Look at Madrid - bad season etc. they had to change something. Zidane came in. What has changed? Nothing. Why? Because they are not motivated by anything, anymore this season. There is no difference between Solari's Madrid and this Madrid now because of one thing and that's motivation and the end of a cycle. 

Apart from Jorginho, Higuain (Morata before), Rudiger and maybe one or two others, this squad has won everything that was to be won with this club and there are regulars that have been here for so long, maybe I am in the minority but I think that a cycle at Chelsea has come to end as well, but unlike Madrid we won't do much about it because of all the stuff going on around this club. 

Sarri is no Guardiola but thinking he is to blame solely on Chelsea's poor display is wrong. Yes the team does play a boring football but there is more about it than Sarri being a poor manager.

12 hours ago, Henrique said:

Thats a very idiotc way to look at things. Last season the team finished 5th and outside top 4 and outside UCL spot, 5 point away from Liverpool, the 4th placed team. In the middle of the season it was pretty clear the team wasn't going to finish higher than 5th. This season the team got a UCL ticket with one game to go, and for 95% of the season the team was inside the top 4. 

Comparing the number of points from different seasons is completely bullshit. Imagine this: a team win the PL next season with 88 points, then someone come up with "the season wasn't really good, because last season would make you only the 3rd team". 

And just for your information, 72 points would be a 2nd in 2015/16. 100% meaningless stat. 

Not more idiotic than what many Sarri in people bring up when they come up with excuses to defend him ( not you ). YEs it does not tell the whole story with stats, but it does paint a faint picture.

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

It is not about any pro Sarri camp or those who would want to see him go in a flash, but some need to be more realistic to be fair and see the bigger picture here. 

I'm not saying this squad is Brighton level, but not that good either. You keep talking like Sarri possess a top squad and he's shit at managing it. It's wrong if you ask me. 

The squad is poor if you ask me and you are missing something when you make youR analysis and that is MOTIVATION which in sports means almost everything. As fans we think making top 4 is huge because of CL footie etc. but frankly I think players care more about trophies and I have said it countless times on this forum, Chelsea's blip in form came when City and Liverpool have detached themselves from the others as sole contenders.

For me that was the point Chelsea's players downed tools and accepted they would not catch those two and I am sure that was what Sarri used to talk about when he said he cannot motivate this squad. 

Look at Madrid - bad season etc. they had to change something. Zidane came in. What has changed? Nothing. Why? Because they are not motivated by anything, anymore this season. There is no difference between Solari's Madrid and this Madrid now because of one thing and that's motivation and the end of a cycle. 

Apart from Jorginho, Higuain (Morata before), Rudiger and maybe one or two others, this squad has won everything that was to be won with this club and there are regulars that have been here for so long, maybe I am in the minority but I think that a cycle at Chelsea has come to end as well, but unlike Madrid we won't do much about it because of all the stuff going on around this club. 

Sarri is no Guardiola but thinking he is to blame solely on Chelsea's poor display is wrong. Yes the team does play a boring football but there is more about it than Sarri being a poor manager.

I know our squad isnt top level, we all know it. But its def good enough for a top 4.....good enough to not waiting on our rivals to slip up and hand us gifts time and time again, and most of the times we refused to accept those gifts.Its his job to motivate the players.....you cant motivate him? Then you bring their asses out till he is. It was a 2 horse race since the 10th game, still I saw spuds do well knowing they wouldnt win it anyway. We got our targets but none of it gives me hope and confidence we are on a right path, thats because I see no Progress.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I've genuinely never seen Spurs fans shit on the club as often as some of you on here.

This use to be the best forum on the net now the atmosphere is completely toxic.

We used to be better though. Even in harsh times, we always strolled past Arsenal or Spuds, now they are genuinely on same level if not better.

Spuds never had high expectations compared to Chelsea, its nowhere near same situation.

We never shat pants playing against Arse, but upcoming finale is serious concern that most would prefer to avoid any humiliation, a very possible scenario.

And this aint some paranoid knee jerk reaction, but the state of our team sadly. 

Most of all, the results are not even the worst part. What is dissapointing is that we used to have top character, something every Chelsea fan was proud of, regardless of the results. Current lot lacks everything and its hard to be optimistic about it. Hell its hard to be proud and respect big parts of the club, from board to players right now. Only few deserve respect realy.

The forum is just a reflection of helpless fans who watch this team fade on so many levels. 

I agree though, in general TC was great place once, but its understandable it has changed. It doesnt help either that many great posters left about same time when our club went to shit. Some probably had other reasons, but certainly not all.

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I've genuinely never seen Spurs fans shit on the club as often as some of you on here.

This use to be the best forum on the net now the atmosphere is completely toxic.

Why is it toxic? We are not hating on each other, we are all Chels, with different opinions, thats all. Many of us just dont have much hope and confidence we will go high Places under Sarri and under the leadership at board room level. No need to get offended my friend.

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

We used to be better though. Even in harsh times, we always strolled past Arsenal or Spuds, now they are genuinely on same level if not better.

Spuds never had high expectations compared to Chelsea, its nowhere near same situation.

We never shat pants playing against Arse, but upcoming finale is serious concern that most would prefer to avoid any humiliation, a very possible scenario.

And this aint some paranoid knee jerk reaction, but the state of our team sadly. 

Most of all, the results are not even the worst part. What is dissapointing is that we used to have top character, something every Chelsea fan was proud of, regardless of the results. Current lot lacks everything and its hard to be optimistic about it. Hell its hard to be proud and respect big parts of the club, from board to players right now. Only few deserve respect realy.

The forum is just a reflection of helpless fans who watch this team fade on so many levels. 

I agree though, in general TC was great place once, but its understandable it has changed. It doesnt help either that many great posters left about same time when our club went to shit. Some probably had other reasons, but certainly not all.

5 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Why is it toxic? We are not hating on each other, we are all Chels, with different opinions, thats all. Many of us just dont have much hope and confidence we will go high Places under Sarri and under the leadership at board room level. No need to get offended my friend.

This isn't just about the Sarri situation, infact its not even the tip of the iceberg. Outside of Conte's first season and the first half of Jose's title season (where not even our version of Claude could have spun any negatives) this place has been pretty toxic probably since the Benitez appointment. Quite frankly I would consider some of the reactions here ott even if we were in Bolton's position.

Constructive criticism is fine, I have had many respectful and thought provoking exchange of views with people that think the opposite to me on subjects (for example before this season I wasn't particularly keen on RLC, but I never at any point called him any names, was praying he proved me wrong which he has and I was very open for a counter arguments), but quite frankly some posts that are seen on here not just on this thread, match threads and certain select player threads would be considered abusive if said to someone for real.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

This isn't just about the Sarri situation, infact its not even the tip of the iceberg. Outside of Conte's first season and the first half of Jose's title season (where not even our version of Claude could have spun any negatives) this place has been pretty toxic probably since the Benitez appointment. Quite frankly I would consider some of the reactions here ott even if we were in Bolton's position.

Constructive criticism is fine, I have had many respectful and thought provoking exchange of views with people that think the opposite to me on subjects (for example before this season I wasn't particularly keen on RLC, but I never at any point called him any names, was praying he proved me wrong which he has and I was very open for a counter arguments), but quite frankly some posts that are seen on here not just on this thread, match threads and certain select player threads would be considered abusive if said to someone for real.

We have a certain standard, go lower and we become what Arsenal are etc. You think UTD are content with how abysmal they are top to buttom? Its a standard we ourselves have set. Sure you cant be on top all the time, thats lunacy. But having compentent people goes a long way, vision and insight do lots of good,, proper backing and planning will yield results. And last but not least, some fucking ambition will give you time and good will. We have none of that....im sorry if im pessimistic about it but I cant see where we are heading, can you? And the manager himself is either stupid at this level or he does not know what game management is.....I see no reaction at all when we are stale, which happens most of the times.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

but quite frankly some posts that are seen on here not just on this thread, match threads and certain select player threads would be considered abusive if said to someone for real.

I've been here since 2005 on the old forum. As soon as we had success it attracted people from all over. As we faltered, some left, others expressed vitriol at the club, players. Others on here are just interested in trolling (I tend to get rid of them after a few warnings), and others are just interested in getting 'likes'. Good people have left, and there are still a few around -like yourself TOMO !

-basically it's a microcosm of society. 

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I've been here since 2005 on the old forum. As soon as we had success it attracted people from all over. As we faltered, some left, others expressed vitriol at the club, players. Others on here are just interested in trolling (I tend to get rid of them after a few warnings), and others are just interested in getting 'likes'. Good people have left, and there are still a few around -like yourself TOMO !

-basically it's a microcosm of society. 

At the end of the day we all want our Club to do its best.....some more vocal than others, some more tolerent than others, but the destination is the same, or at least I hope. People coming here for likes, I find it hard that grown ass folks are here for likes, we win and lose nothing if someone has 1m likes or zero.